“Fab hotel with great staff”

Sheraton Grand Pune Bund Garden Hotel
Ranked #5 of 222 Hotels in Pune
Telford, United Kingdom
“Fab hotel with great staff”
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 9 weeks for work and I have to say what a fantastic hotel this is. The staff are so helpful and welcoming nothing is too much. I have to say akshay can't do enough for his guests, in my time spent at the hotel he helped me sort out a flight to Goa, Delhi and helped me with paying the remaining balance on a trip I booked with an India tour operator who were very unhelpful when I tried to pay the balance of my taj trip. Sahu the bar man is the nicest bar man I've yet to meet at any hotel I've stayed in before, he deserves to be bar manager the work he does. The gym staff were really helpful and would offer me advice and help when I needed it. All in all a fab hotel would definitely stay there again if I was that way with work. I went back in May for 3 weeks, again had a brilliant time even ventured to the nightclub scream!! Thanks Jeswinder and your team for making my time in India fab!!

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
LeMeridienHotel, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Pune Bund Garden Hotel, responded to this review, 14 June 2014

Greetings from Le Meridien Pune!

Thank you for your continued patronage and taking time out to review this hotel. It was a pleasure to serve you on your recent business trip and it warms our heart to know that your experience with us exceeded your expectations.

Providing refined comfort and best amenities to our guests form the essence of our service culture. It is a pleasure to see that our amenities, impeccable services and the dining options made your stay memorable. Your laurels and excellent ratings has not only given perfect credit to our endeavors but has also acted as morale boosters.

Once again, we thank you for endorsing our products and services to discerning travelers; we would love to welcome you at our hotel whenever travel brings you back to the city.

Jaswinder Narang

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 9 June 2014

fantastic hotel with good facilities, great staff and excellent location (near shops ). very good gym, wonderful breakfast, and dinner in the same restaurant was also fantastic. great design allows for city noise to be kept at bay,all the staff are very nice, hard to find any fault

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
LeMeridienHotel, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Pune Bund Garden Hotel, responded to this review, 12 June 2014

Greetings from Le Meridien Pune!

It is a pleasure to receive your wonderful comments about your recent stay at our hotel. We are elated to know that we could leave a lasting impression and that you would honor us with yet another visit.

Providing refined comfort and best amenities to our guests form the essence of our service culture. It is a pleasure to see that our amenities, impeccable services and the ambience made your stay memorable. Your valuable feedback has been communicated to the team.
Once again, we thank you for your custom; we would love to welcome you at our hotel whenever travel brings you back to the city.

Hubli-Dharwad, India
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This was my first stay at Le Meridien. Had heard a lot about this property..

The hotel is located in the heart of the city. The entire property is very beautiful (although I do miss having a garden or a nice walking area in such a big hotel). The entrance is extremely nice, the check-in was super easy and the receptionist plus the welcoming staff were really good to talk to.

However, the staff at the dining area weren't so cheerful for some reason. They had a hard time smiling to guests and had a very sullen face whenever we asked them to get something. Doesn't leave a very positive impact.

Apart from that, I liked the hotel. Would stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Greetings from Le Meridien Pune!

Thank you for your patronage and taking time out to review our hotel.

It is nice to know that we could weave pleasant memories right from the start till the end of your stay. We are also glad that we could enrich your experience with our modern and contemporary décor, our location, amenities and dining spread. Your kind remarks about our associates have given them the new impetus to continue rendering excellent hospitality and we thank you for it.

Many thanks for bestowing us with excellent rating and acknowledging our service culture on this forum. We greatly value your custom and look forward to your continued patronage.

Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Though reviewers boast about the hotel, I was not happy to be staying at Le Meridien at Pune. The managerial staff are good and they were there to sort when I had issues.

The rooms are not that great. The bed was hard and the comfort level was less. Mr. Akshay the Front office Manager is nice and courteous and he helped me when I got ill staying there.

Otherwise the hotel is just OK and there are better places in the city. So will never stay there in the future

Room Tip: stay away from the rooms facing the Pune railway station!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
LeMeridienHotel, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Pune Bund Garden Hotel, responded to this review, 7 June 2014

Greetings from Le Meridien Pune!

It is our constant endeavour to keep our guests comfortable and we always strive to add value to their stays. Thus, we are disappointed to learn that your experiences with us were not at par with your expectations. However, the issues raised by you have been brought up in our meetings and we have taken measures which are in the best interest of our patrons.

Thank you for your custom. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Regards
Reviewed 3 June 2014

First time I had food at chingari restaurant and the food was just awesome..... The staff was also very nyc and polite.... I spend my nice evening at restaurant....I would definitely Loveeeee..... To come again....

• Stayed May 2014
LeMeridienHotel, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Pune Bund Garden Hotel, responded to this review, 5 June 2014

Greetings from Le Meridien Pune!

Many thanks for dining with us and writing such a wonderful review on this forum.

Located on the beautifully landscaped rooftop terrace, the popular Chingari restaurant serves authentic North Indian cuisine. Our associates strive hard to please the palate of our patrons and your special acknowledgement has inspired them. We would also like you to explore the wonderfully authentic dishes served at the signature Italian eatery, Favola.

We thank you for your custom and wonderful ratings. It would be a pleasure to welcome you again.

Worcestershire
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I stay here as it is convenient to get picked up by my distributor but to go to the exhibition centre but I actually prefer it to the Westin or the JW Marriott because its smaller and a little more "old style".
The staff are extreme;y friendly, there is a great Indian restaurant on the roof. Great food !
There is a pool on the roof, small but enough for a morning or evening swim.
It is being renovated in parts at the moment and this is improving it.
Only problem is that there is nowhere to walk to from this hotel.
Its opposite the train station so suggest a room on the opposite side to the station, it can be noisy on the road / station side.
It does have a nightclub, I'm too old but I'm sure its OK if you are in your teens or 20's.
Busy at the weekend.
Always plenty of autos or taxis if you want to go into town.
Hotel cars are expensive, take an auto, £2 as opposed to £20 for a 20 minute ride.

Room Tip: Get a room on the opposite side to the road and station.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Greetings from Le Meridien Pune!

We are glad to receive your wonderful comments about your recent stay at our hotel. It is nice to know that you were able to experience all the facilities at our hotel, and we thank you for it.

Designed to cater the needs of our leisure as well as business travelers, Le Meridien Pune offers world-class amenities as well as supreme comfort that is only second to a home. It is great to know that we could meet your expectations with our impeccable services & amenities and leave such a positive impression. We thank you for endorsing our services and products on this forum and look forward to serving you again.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 2 June 2014

It was a great experience to stay in such a lavish hotel. The hospitality which was provided by the Staff was awesome. Though the stay was of one Night it did feel like home.. The best part was though there was no early booking of room it was arrange in no time.
It is one of best hotel to spend for a good hospitality.
The room was well maintained and there was all the things available which you require to entertain yourself.
Will stay again here whenever I visit Pune.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
LeMeridienHotel, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Pune Bund Garden Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2014

Greetings from Le Meridien Pune!

It is great to know that we could meet your expectations with our impeccable services and leave such a positive impression. Your laurels and excellent ratings has not only given perfect credit to our endeavors but has also acted as morale boosters.

Once again, we thank you for recommending us to discerning travelers; we would love to welcome you at our hotel whenever travel brings you back to Pune.