I stayed here for the second time (first time 3 years ago) and I can honestly say the experience was great both times. From the moment you go through the gate security to the moment you leave you know you will be well cared for. They actually pointed out that they knew I had been here before which kind of makes you feel welcome.
The staff are attentive but not overbearing, the rooms are good sized and well appointed with hairdryer, big shower, very comfortable bed, TV, wifi (at a cost - but they checked with me a couple of times that the wifi was working ok), mini-bar at reasonable prices. It has 3 restaurants and a bar and a cake shop and a grill by the pool in winter months, and pool with a very nice terrace. Only beef is that the pool is always in the shade - what a waste of all that sun!
Prices are excellent by UK standards - you would expect to pay 3 times this rate in the UK.
The hotel is in a "popular" location but oh the traffic! I walked 100 yards to an ATM at the petrol station and nearly got run over 4 times! There's nothing much around it except another hotel and lots of street "stalls" so you will need a taxi to get around (but they are only about £10-£12 for a day! The hotel is set back far enough from the road so you don't get pestered from the incessant peeping of horns.
I have stayed in 3 hotels in Pune and this one is the best - you will not be disappointed if you stay here.
There were a couple of corporate events on whilst I was there - they have a conference facility - so on a couple of nights the restaurants were very busy - everyone eats late (up to 11:30) so early dining is quieter. They also sometimes host Indian wedding parties which are fantastic to be a spectator at!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore the space that's right in the heart of Pune's business and entertainment areas. Just 5 km from the airport and 2 km from the nearest railway station. Drive in the Vivanta by Taj car delighting in backseat surprises (we're not revealing here). On arrival check out the soaring glass, fan shaped entry canopy cantilevered 25 feet above a sparkling new water feature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, DerbySoftTaj, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Vivanta by Taj - Blue Diamond reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj - Blue Diamond, Pune Hotel Pune
- Taj Blue Diamond Pune
- Taj Blue Diamond Hotel Pune