“Cosy, homely, tasty and value for money.”

Vivanta by Taj - Blue Diamond
Ranked #14 of 222 Hotels in Pune
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Went for a quick breakfast at the coffee shop. The hotel is small and gives you a feel of high end three star hotel but that's ok as Viva at chain is a brand denoting an affordable Taj. We were guided to the coffee shop that is besides the pool. The buffet spread is limited but filling. We chose to go for alacarte and ordered some indian. Portions were good and the food tasty. Chef made a point to visit us to check, a good touch in the morning. Cost is very affordable. Overall good value for money, tasty and cosy place to be. Don't mind going back.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SharadGoel2000
Write a ReviewReviews (1,196)

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I have stayed only at the Blue Diamond Hotel every time I visited Pune since 1977, and they haven't disappointed me even once! So, maybe I cannot compare them with any other hotel in the city, but then, I have never felt the need to look elsewhere!

I may mention that the Manager, Mr Sunny Bhati, was extremely helpful and personalised my stay very effectively. The facilities improve each time I stay with them, and this time I was very impressed with their refurbished rooms and the spanking new SPA and Gym.

The Breakfast Buffet is good, but the Salmon Steak I had in the evening at the Coffee Shop was quite outstanding. Just the way I like it. Spend a few moments with the Chef when ordering your meal, and I'm sure that you will not be disappointed!

What makes this vintage hotel stand out is their very personalised service and their ability to make a business traveller feel so much at home!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Debu H
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

The stay was very comfortable, food was very good with lots of authentic South Indian spread. The lobby was smelling like "Hamam Soap" may be remind about erstwhile Tomco. Management needs to change the air purifier.

Rooms are very good and spacious. House keeping is very good. Staff are well mannered and polite.

Value for money.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sivaraj1609
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Had an amazing 2 night stay at this wonderful property some time back.
though it was a business trip & didn't spend a lot of time, i must admit this property is well-managd, good architectured and has a very hospitable staff.
Annother good thing about this property is its location i.e. in KP.
Suggest you to stay!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank AmitJaipur173
Reviewed 27 July 2014

the Location - wonderful, the property- beautiful, the ambience - luxurious, rooms - tasteful. why then am i rating this property as average.. for the single reason that the hotel industry is called the hospitality industry, the service industry.
I have come to not expect the fabled Taj service in most other non-heritage properties, but the nevertheless, the way we were handled in blue diamond is the abysmal low. the security at the gate rudely asks you to empty your pockets and if you pass through without doing so , like i did while on a call, the security actually smacked his head and muttered under his breath.
the check in can at best be described as detached. no asking about inner circle memberships, no preference requests, no explanation of what the features of the hotel are, just hand over the photo id and credit card , my room was charged to me card even before my stay started, even though i had guaranteed my room with my Credit card. All forgiven!!
Room service is pathetic, food served for breakfast at the buffett table was tasteless, my egg order was messed up, half the items were finished even though we went for breakfast at 9 am on a sunday!

now why i want to give this still an average rating! because the beds are comfortable, the property is gorgeus. the redeeming factor for the food is the dessert, , the rooms are very good.

a bit more concentration on the services , this can turn the tide and be a much better hotel.

Room Tip: premium indulgence rooms are slightly better than the basic delux rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank deepikins
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Taj Blue Diamond is actually a very old property, and I recall visiting it in its original avatar in the 1980s, when it was the only 5* place in Pune, and called the Blue Diamond. To that extent, its a landmark property.

Stayed here for 2 nights, and had booked a suite since we were 3 of my family, so getting an extra bed fitted was a good option, since at 25-odd square meters the room was not large enough to accommodate an extra bed. The hotel rooms are comfortable, with not much of a view though. Located in the plush Koregaon Park area of Pune, it is on the main Koregaon. A bit noisy during the day due to the traffic. I guess the hotel needs to improve the quality of the windows to seal out the noise. The only other problem area I noticed during my stay was the extra long time they took to check us in - 25 mins!! Lastly, why does their furniture look dated? The sofa, though comfortable, looked aged, the cabinets and writing table very plywood-ish even though polished.

On the plus side, Taj is famous for its hospitality. And you experience that from word the time you alight from your car. The staff are trained to a fault, and the warmth they exude, their attention to detail and smiles are all very infectious. the Restaurant staff at the coffee shop took extra care of my mother, since she's quite old, and am grateful to them for their attention.The pool was great, with the coffee shop set up next to it; a great place to have your breakfast at. Pune's pleasant climate only adds to the joy of eating out of the AC environment.

A word about the food. The breakfast spread was as per expectation and well laid out. The buffet lunch & dinner were attractive, and my son did full justice. I stuck to the a la carte bit, and thoroughly enjoyed the Goan fish curry and rice I ate one night, and butter chicken the other! It was authentic all the way. While I did not make it to their specialty Chinese restaurant, I was encouraged with great reviews of it by friends, so I guess I missed something good :)

And like most Indian hotels, I wonder why they charge such an awesome amount for the internet/ wifi. The younger competitor brands like Radisson and Marriot offer it for free, but most other chains still charge. Its simply ridiculous. Will Taj be a early bird here?

Overall a nice stay, and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to know.

Room Tip: I stayed at the front end of the property, close to the main road, and heard quite a bit of the traf...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Shilendra
BluediamondPune, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj - Blue Diamond, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at Vivanta by Taj Blue Diamond, Pune during your visit to Pune. We are much obliged that you have taken the time to write a review and appreciate our product and services.
We at Vivanta believe in the modern day traveler who likes to Work Hard and Play Hard. Keeping this in mind, our suites have been detailed and styled for the needs of our guests to work and recoup at the same time. We have retained a mix of the quintessential Blue Diamond and the modern day Vivanta and fused the two in the appointment of our Suites and Rooms.

We are happy to know that you thoroughly enjoyed the food at ‘Latitude” and liked the breakfast spread. Your words of appreciation motivates us in our endeavor of delighting all our esteemed guests. Your comments are being shared with the team for the services rendered by them.

We have taken note of your observations with regards the noise reduction opportunity in our rooms and the time taken to check you in and we shall look into these going forward. Your feedback on both these counts is appreciated.

Overall, it gives me a pleasure to know that you had a comfortable stay with us. Your comments are being shared with the team for the services rendered by them.

Assuring you of our best services at all times.

Warm regards,

Mahipal Singh

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

We went there for our anniversary celebration.must said that the service is excellent .staff is very nice and food is also good .we enjoyed the food in Chinese restaurant. One of the best hotel in Pune.will visit again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your feedback. It gives us a pleasure to know that you and your family cherished your stay at our hotel. We are also honored that you chose to celebrate your anniversary with us
and to know that you enjoyed the food at ‘Whispering Bamboo’. Your appreciation has been conveyed to the concerned associates of the hotel for the services rendered by them. We have always been earnest in our endeavor to extend the very best of the Taj to our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back and assuring you of our best services at all times.

Warm regards,