“Cheap, not cheerful”
Review of Grand Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pune
Grand Hotel
Ranked #129 of 222 Hotels in Pune
Reviewed 23 December 2013

As budget as it gets in central Pune but also fairly grimey, soulless and average. The restaurant serves hearty food and beer, and the location is not too bad but my cell behind reception had the worst matress and pillows I've had so far in India- give them a test before you decide to stay. The bathroom was basic and not too clean, no Wifi, but if you're on a budget you can grin and bear it.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank wolvesjimbo

Reviewed 25 May 2013

I checked into the hotel with a few friends and immediately we noticed that the sheets had lots of stray hairs over them and there were several shoe prints on the sheets too! The room was not clean and probably had not been cleaned between guests. The staff was incredibly rude, difficult, and unhelpful. I would not recommend the Grand Hotel to anyone due to the horrible attitude of the staff combined with the disgusting state of the room.

• Stayed: May 2013
6  Thank Csbercu
Reviewed 11 May 2011

We spent half a day searching Pune for somewhere to stay, many cheap options near the train station don't allow foreigners, the ones that do were pretty dire and over priced for what they were (I wouldn't have stayed at the ones near the station even if they were free). The Grand Hotel was 800 Rs a night, about double or maybe tripple what you would pay for the same room in a town which tourists go through. My gf just told me to downgrade the 2 for cleanliness to a 1, it was pretty grim and hadn't been cleaned since the previous occupants had checked out (even though we arrived at 9pm). We ran out of water at least once, the power was intermitent and we are pretty sure a couple of the staff were trying to look in through a gap in a door which connects the room to another part of the hotel. That said the hotel is in a good location, there is a supermarket and booze shop over the road and the hotel itself serve cold beer and good chicken dishes (although I saw the chef drop a piece of my chicken before fishing it out and putting it on the plate).

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
9  Thank RyoukouNingen
Reviewed 21 January 2011

I had gone with 2 of my friends n had a blast....the hotel is very centrally located and is surrounded by places to hangout....it has a very soothing and peaceful atmosphere due to its large area and all round greenery...the rooms were well furnished and beds were comfy...would roam around the city all day and sit to have a nice chilled beer at night...the food was pretty good too...overall, a pretty good experience...

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank rahul92
A TripAdvisor Member
Duluth, MN
Reviewed 8 March 2006

I stayed at the Grand Hotel in Pune as a single young woman travelling alone in Pune for a few days until my sister was able to meet me. The hotel was almost booked so I was forced into a five person room for myself. Pretty typical of budget indian hotels- no hot water, not so clean- esp the bathroom, candles (or rather, a candle) were available at the front desk when the power went out, and if someone wanted to- one could peek into bathroom. Grand Hotel has cheap food available and a laid back deck on which to eat as well as table across the driveway under fanciful lamps. Food not great but i didn't get sick either. barely worth the few rupees i paid. sketchy, but I was left in peace.

• Stayed: December 2005