“Pretty good....”

Ranked #19 of 222 Hotels in Pune
UK
“Pretty good....”
Reviewed 3 October 2008

Having read the previous review a day before was set to leave I was worried, but my fears were mainly unfounded. The pictures on the hotel website itself are pretty bang on, and it still looks new in all the communal areas, if you like the contemporary look then it's a smart place.
Rooms are spacious and clean although a little tired in comparison to communal area’s. Housekeeping is very regular - use you "do not disturb" signs as they call on the door regularly up to gone 9pm to check if bins need emptying or towels replaced, downside on room as previous reviewer said the aircon is noisy, I use earplugs when away to cut out the usual hotel noises and I needed them! This really is the only negative I can offer.
Food was generally very good, you DO have a selection for breakfast, omelettes are very good, toast, muffins etc.. or something more local if you prefer. Restaurant food is also very good and room service, however I ate out quite a bit with hosts ( try "sigree" in Pune - awsome).
Staff were superb, everyone was very helpful and friendly.
So overall as a business Hotel it’s pretty good, I would stay again, and if they sorted out the noisy aircon it would get 5 stars.

• Liked — Staff, Communal areas
  • Disliked — Noisy aircon
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank gadak
Vinay c, General Manager at Royal Orchid Golden Suites, responded to this review, 2 February 2013
Dear Mr. Gadak,

Greetings from Royal Orchid Golden suites, Pune!

Thank you for your valuable feedback. it has encouraged us to continue to strive hard and provide the most impeccable hospitality to our guests..

It is our constant endeavor to provide our guests with very comfortable and memorable Royal Orchid experience.

Our entire team would be delighted to welcome you back in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Vinay Chotalia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
London
Reviewed 14 September 2008

OK, maybe I was unlucky. One has to accept this might be the case. Let me tell you the story.
I had to go to Pune on three days' notice, the two best hotels in town were full (Taj and Meridien), so I just booked this one and ran to the airport.
The lobby is, in a word, ugly.
The room was massive, and by the shape of it I began to understand I had landed in what is effectively more of a serviced apartment building than a hotel (it had a kicthen, etc.). It was not a very nice room, particularly the bathroom, but I thought: this is what you get when you don't have time to do any research.
Internet access did not work because the receptionist had forgotten to write the password in the appropriate place, so I went down and got it.
I opened the tap on the bathroom sink to wash my hands, and when I closed it, it just didn't! The Niagara Falls were coming out of the sink within 10 seconds. I called reception, they came in and fixed it.
I went to bed and turned on the aircon: it was so loud I had to choose whether to sleep and sweat or to stay awake and cool. It was a terrible night.
Breakfast was inedible: the nightmare of the westerner. Everything was either Indian (curry at 7am anyone?) or raw (want to sit on the toilet for the next week anyone?). I had a slice of bread and off I went.
One point to be made for the less experienced reader. When you travel to countries like India, or pretty much anywhere in the third world, your hotel is your home, your haven of safety, the gated refuge protected from the outside world by oceans of disinfectant, electric fences and often armed guards. You go out at your own risk, having stripped of all unnecessary valuables, to the certainty of being harrassed constantly by pretty much everyone you encounter. I am saying this because transportation is much more important than it is in, say, Sweden. And who organises transportation? The hotel. None of the drivers working for the Royal Orchid Golden Suites speaks a word of English!!! Twice on that day the driver got lost, and once he had to go out and ask for directions to go back to his own hotel... It was just a nightmare.
By 12 noon I had managed to get the guys at the Taj to find me a room (which involved quite a bit of begging), and I escaped.
I had to pay the Royal Orchid for the full three nights, even though I had done only one, which is another sign of unacceptable backwardness in meeting the needs of the business traveller.
Never, ever again.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
4 Thank edtealdi
apollo s, Front Office Manager at Royal Orchid Golden Suites, responded to this review, 17 August 2011
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Royal Orchid Golden Suites!

Thank you for your invaluable feedback on our various services. We are happy indeed to note that you had a unpleasant experience at our hotel. It is only through these feed backs from our esteemed guests that we are able to further customize & deliver high quality services to you.
Your valuable inputs of our services further encourage us to do our best and offer our guest the highest standards of comfort.
We have noted your comments. Necessary measures are being taken to further improve the service standards. We are sure you will find enhanced services during your future visits.
Thanking you for your patronage and looking forward to serve you better.

Thanks & regards,
Shankar Shyamal
Front Office Manager
Iowa US
Reviewed 4 July 2008

The Royal Orchid Golden Suites was my home for 3 months. The entire staff became like family to me. They go out of their way to make sure all your needs are met, even to call your room to see if you need anything.
The hotel buffet runs long over the.breakfast, lunch and dinner hours. Lots of variety for everyone. They have an extensive menu, also. If you only go for drinks, they refresh bowls of chips, peanuts, etc. until you are finished.
Room service is fast and friendly. Laundry was always as I requested and usually back the next day.
Mini bar is restocked daily. Housekeeping was friendly and fast.(If you are in the room when they come) They always had it clean when I came back from work)
The beds....I could stay in them all day! Wonderfully comfortable.
They have a powerful generator so if the lights go out, its only for a couple seconds.
They had breakfast buffet outdoors on the lawn several weekends. Beautiful!
Balconys are in every room and the photos on their web site are accurate, unlike many that are PhotoShopped.
I can say this is the best hotel in Pune, because of collegues feed back on other hotels. I highly recommend it.

• Liked — Friendly, helpful staff
  • Disliked — No problems
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank u2bblond
Vinay c, General Manager at Royal Orchid Golden Suites, responded to this review, 9 February 2012
Dear Mr. Reddy,

Greetings from Royal Orchid Golden Suites!!!

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that we were able to meet your expectations and
make your experience a memorable one. Hope to see you again soon!

With warm regards,

Vinay Chotalia
kuwait
Reviewed 9 February 2008

was a last minute decision to fly over into pune for the weekend and needed a place to stay. quite well versed with the city, and i really didn't think paying what the blue diamond or the le meridien or sun n sand would've liked made sense. after some search stumbled upon this property that was new to me. the location wasn't out in the sticks either like some new ones. in fact the location was excellent. really nice morning and day views from the room.

nice quick check in. they gave me the top floor, proly the 9th or so. don't have an in house bar yet. but who cares, lots of places that could be gone to for a drink.

decent lil gym with a nice instructress, good reception staff.

will stay there again. especially for the fantastic quite location right in the prime of pune, and if they don't go crazy like everyone else on their rates, and also if its as quite as it was when i was there in oct 2007.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — bad shower
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled on business
2 Thank strumming
apollo s, Front Office Manager at Royal Orchid Golden Suites, responded to this review, 18 August 2011
Dear Guest

Greetings from Royal Orchid Golden Suites!!!

make your experience a memorable one. Hope to see you again soon!

With warm regards,