“Dissapointing for a HHI Hotel”

Hotel Hindusthan International
Ranked #12 of 66 Hotels in Bhubaneswar
Reviewed 30 January 2013 via mobile

HHI claims to redefine Luxuary. This one does not even define luxuary leave aside redefining. The entire hotel has a shabby look and the finishing is quite bad. The floors have some sort of wooden cover which is woobly at many places. Avoid the staircase to first floor. Its dangerous. The room is spacious and design is good. But again finishing is poor. The wash basin tap was loose, pillow cover is of poor quality and every paper from menu card to writing pad is folded at the corners. Floor in the room is again wobbly. Didnot get hot watrr in the shower. However the service is good. Room was cleaned twice in a day. Room service was good too.
The hotel is compact. So from the room one can here the crooner at the bar below. Food is decent but nothing to write about. Bit oily though. Had attended a seminsr here. The banquet hall is huge but the toilets and the surrounding is pretty sad. Business centre is damn costly. Prinouts cost around 50 bucks prr page
Overall I was all the more dissapointed coz I had higher expectation from a HHI brand hotel. This is at best a 3 star hotel. Barring the location and service, nothing much to write about. Definitely not a luxuary hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank ritwick
HHIBBSR, General Manager at Hotel Hindusthan International, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Warm Greetings From The HHI, Bhubaneswar!!!

Thank you so much for having chosen The HHI for your stay in Bhubaneswar. Our sincere efforts have always been towards making your stay more comfortable and enjoyable. I understand that this time your stay was not up to your expectations because of the overall infrastructure of the hotel, Business Centre Prices, Oily food and Ambience as well as decor of the room. I honor your valuable suggestion & apologies for the inconvenience casued this time. I am sure the whole team at The HHI will ensure that the same doesn't happen in all further stay and whenever you come next time would be highly satisfied with our personalized services.

Please do write to me at gmbbsr@hindusthan.com whenever you plan to visit Bhubaneswar next and I will be glad to personally look after all the arrangements.

Many thanks again for taking the time to write the review. We look forward to welcome you back to your home in Bhubaneswar.

Thanking you once again and assuring you the best hospitality and services at all times.

Thanking You.

For The HHI Bhubaneswar

Reviewed 22 January 2013 via mobile

I was there in Bhuneswar on my official visit for 2 days. I would like to say about my experience with HHI. It was really a good experience....... the rooms were very neat and clean. The staff were nice and caring..... I also enjoyed the sea food festival which was going on..... but little disappointment with very less choices available in sea food.... but overall food was very good....... service excellent and will definitely visit next time......

• Stayed: January 2013
HHIBBSR, General Manager at Hotel Hindusthan International, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2014

Dear Guest,

Warm Greetings from The HHI, Bhubaneswar !!!

Thank you for having chosen The HHI for your stay in Bhubaneshwar. Our sincere efforts have always been towards providing you the best services and we humbly note that we were able to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable.

Your valued comments would surely help us to improve further in all aspects.

We sincerely hope that you will keep on patronizing our hotel and give us more opportunity to serve you in future..

Thanking you once again and assuring you the best hospitality and service at all times.

For The HHI Bhubaneshwar

Vice President & General Manager

Reviewed 20 January 2013

The big advantage is that, the hotel is just 5 mins from Railway station and 15 mins from Airport. Situated in the heart of the city. Though the facing of the hotel is not towards main road. Don't worry, once you get in the hotel, the world around changes

Room Tip: Choose the pool facing rooms at the back side of hotel
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Warm Greetings from The HHI, Bhubaneswar !!!

Your valued comments would surely help us to improve further in all aspects.

For The HHI Bhubaneshwar

Vice President & General Manager

Reviewed 15 January 2013

Was in Bhubaneshwar as part of a large group, was extremely disappointed with the hotel:-

1 The corridors of the hotel were stinking.
2. Entered the room only to find the wooden flooring was damaged in one corner.
3. opened the curtains and saw one of them was torn.
4. The electric kettle in the room was dirty and took the room service 2 hours , 4 phone calls and a heated argument to change.
5. Water in the bath was only hot in the evening and only cold in the morning.
6. The linen although clean were poorly ironed and box spring had no cover.
7. The bath had only one hand towel when the hotel knew that two of us would be staying.
8. The food was satisfactory, however the hygiene would need major improvement( I saw one of the waiters serving water filled from a tap in the bar in soiled glasses which he had rinsed in water, a practice I have seen only in road side dhabas). Thereafter I stayed on bottled water.
9. There was no alarm clock/ safe/ minibar in the room as mentioned on the site.

To give it to the hotel staff the damaged portion of the floor was promptly covered with a small rug. The Filipino singers in the restaurant are reasonably good.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank achauhan1978
HHIBBSR, General Manager at Hotel Hindusthan International, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2015

Dear Guest,

A very Warm Greetings from The HHI Bhubaneswar !!!

First of all we sincerely apologies for the inconvenience caused during your stay at HHI Bhubaneswar with series of issues as mentioned in the above comment. We honestly accept your feedbacks and certainly working very hard on the same to resolve as quick as possible. I being the Vice President & General Manager of this Unit would not like to give you any such facts for the said issues which will get turned in to excuses. I have personally gone to the depth of the issues and found the facts about it. We are certainly working on the same to ensure that no other guests face the same problems in future as well. We would not like our esteemed guests to carry any dissatisfaction or bad impression with them while leaving. Through this mail we will also get a chance to serve you better and look forward to your visit to us again and again with your friends & colleagues.

Please do not hesitate to call me personally on my cell allow me to take care of your needs. We would love to welcome you again in HHI Bhubaneswar. Thanking & assuring you the best of our services at all times.

With best regards,

Sandeep Sharma,
Vice President & General Manager,
Hotel Hindusthan International, Bhubaneswar, Odisha

Reviewed 22 December 2012

We had our sales convention here. I was happy to see nice Shiv mandir at the enterance...lobby was o.k...there is a coffee shop with very wide TV screen blaring cricket at the lobby.

so far so good.
The carpets on the way to room smell bad... once I entered the room, was happy to see the size as it was a suite.
But als...not even one hanger to hang my blazer in the ward robe...lot of sofas but very dirty... i could see small bugs...miniature cockroaches..

The bath room had only one bath towel...not a small hand towel.... no hair dryer..

Disappointed.

The most noticeable point is this is one of the few hotels I have stayed not even one staff smiled.
The way to the new annexure exposes the un hygenic areas of the hotel to the guests.

the buffet break fast was very ordinary

disppointment

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank plpalani

Dear Guest,

A very Warm Greetings from The HHI Bhubaneswar !!!

First of all we sincerely apologies for the inconvenience caused during your stay at HHI Bhubaneswar with series of issues as mentioned in the below mail. We honestly accept your feedbacks and certainly working very hard on the same to resolve as quick as possible. I being the Vice President & General Manager of this Unit would not like to give you any such facts for the said issues which will get turned in to excuses. I have personally gone to the depth of the issues and found the facts about it. We are certainly working on the same to ensure that no other guests face the same problems in future as well. We would not like our esteemed guests to carry any dissatisfaction or bad impression with them while leaving. Through this mail we will also get a chance to serve you better and look forward to your visit to us again and again with your friends & colleagues.

With best regards,

Sandeep Sharma,
Vice President & General Manager,
Hotel Hindusthan International, Bhubaneswar, Odisha

Reviewed 13 October 2012

Most Hotels are within a 2 km radius. This Hotel is off the main road as compared to the others.
But Clean and Comfortable and well maintained
The food is very very good.
Must compliment their house keeping
Front desk is efficient but staff give different info at different times so check again.
Pool Facing rooms are better.
I would surely stay here again.

Room Tip: Pool Face rooms have a better view
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank OMG_where_to_next
Reviewed 10 October 2012

Overall a positive experience. This hotel was decent and it met most needs of the business traveller. The rooms were spacious and clean. The people at the front desk were helpful. The breakfast was nice, and they had an espresso machine. They organized a vehicle for me and the driver gave me some good advice about where to shop for an ikat sari between meetings. He didn't speak much English, but still managed to be helpful.

One thing I didn't like was having to pay extra for a wireless connection. I just think this is dumb in this day and age, even though the expense wasn't great. Also, I asked for an adapter plug for my laptop and they took ages to get it (12 hours!) - but this may have just been a misunderstanding.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business