“Have better options for lesser rate”

Hotel Hindusthan International
Ranked #12 of 66 Hotels in Bhubaneswar
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We checked in at night and they had given the room in the annex (Separate building) which is far from the reception. Guess this is actually meant for banquets. Rooms are spacious and recently renovated.

Staff in the reception and restaurant was not very helpful. There is no free wi-fi. After fighting with them, they had given free wi-fi just for 12 hrs from 11.00 PM!!!

Service was very slow. We placed our dinner order at 10.50 PM and they served it in our room at 12.00 Midnight, after 3-4 reminders. However food was tasty.

Cleanliness is very poor and water in the tap was having muddy smell and taste. There are good hotels nearby for half of the price.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms in the main building where the reception and restaurant in situated
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Vinod V
HHIBBSR, General Manager at Hotel Hindusthan International, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Warm Greetings From The HHI, Bhubaneswar!!!

Thank you so much for having chosen The HHI for your stay in Bhubaneswar. Our sincere efforts have always been towards making your stay more comfortable and enjoyable. I understand that this time your stay was not up to your expectations because of the cleanliness, water smell and service delay. I honor your valuable suggestion & apologies for the inconvenience casued this time. I am sure the whole team at The HHI will ensure that the same doesn't happen in all further stay and whenever you come next time would be highly satisfied with our personalized services.

Please do write to me at gmbbsr@hindusthan.com whenever you plan to visit Bhubaneswar next and I will be glad to personally look after all the arrangements.

Many thanks again for taking the time to write the review. We look forward to welcome you back to your home in Bhubaneswar.

Thanking you once again and assuring you the best hospitality and services at all times.

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Nice stay.. I have not put up here earlier but this time wanted to check out HHI.. the purpose of visit was official though however facilities were good, with reminder calls for buffet donner being ready to other ameneties were done. Needless to sau appreciate professional staff...overall good experience.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Rathijit S
HHIBBSR, General Manager at Hotel Hindusthan International, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Warm Greetings from The HHI, Bhubaneswar !!!

Thank you for having chosen The HHI for your stay in Bhubaneshwar. Our sincere efforts have always been towards providing you the best services and we humbly note that we were able to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable.

Your valued comments would surely help us to improve further in all aspects.

We sincerely hope that you will keep on patronizing our hotel and give us more opportunity to serve you in future..

Thanking you once again and assuring you the best hospitality and service at all times.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

The hotel is about 5 km from the Airport and about 2 km from the Railway Station. It is on a subsidiary road from the Main Janpath. Entry and Parking at the hotel is difficult.
The rooms are spacious and clean.
At times, the hotel suffers from reduced staff and services get affected.
The Gymnasium is cramped for space.
Wi-Fi connectivity is satisfactory.
The Buffet spread is fair.
The price is a bit high for the facilities offered.

Room Tip: Try and book a room in the subsidiary building.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Libranthor
fombbsr, Manager at Hotel Hindusthan International, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Sir,

Warm Greetings From The HHI, Bhubaneshwar !!!

Thank you so much for having choosen The HHI for your stay in Bhubaneswar. Our sincere efforts have always been towards making your stay more comfortable and enjoyable.I understand that this time your stay was not upto your expectations because of some services and staffing issues and also the improper place for parking. I honor your valuable suggestion & apologies for the inconvenience casued this time. I am sure the whole team at The HHI will ensure that the same doesn't happen in all further stay and whenever you come next time would be highly satisfied with our personalized services.

Looking forward to see you soon and a long term smooth relation with you.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I stayed in the hotel a week back. Rooms are average I booked standard rooms but looking at the quality of the rooms changed my room to " colony " rooms they were decent we did not have hot water in the room.

You can stay here if there are no other choices and over value for the money is very less.

I have stayed in other properties of HHI this is really bad. Breakfast was also limited. Restuarant food was ok.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Palasri
HHIBBSR, General Manager at Hotel Hindusthan International, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Warm Greetings From The HHI, Bhubaneswar!!!

Thank you so much for having chosen The HHI for your stay in Bhubaneswar. Our sincere efforts have always been towards making your stay more comfortable and enjoyable. I understand that this time your stay was not up to your expectations because of Hot Water, Breakfast Spread and Ambience as well as decor of the room. I honor your valuable suggestion & apologies for the inconvenience casued this time. I am sure the whole team at The HHI will ensure that the same doesn't happen in all further stay and whenever you come next time would be highly satisfied with our personalized services.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

HHI seems to be good brand but the facilities and amenities at HHI seems to be not matching the standards set by this hotel. Smelly rooms, small bath rooms and poorly maintained ACs in rooms can irritate durirng summers of Odisha.
May be winters can be good time for you to stay in this hotel but cost of stay is also on higher side when copared with other similar hotesl in Bhubaneswar

Room Tip: If look for rooms particularly ask for road facing and negotaite for cost below 3k Check AC flow bef...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Himanshu M

Warm Greetings From The HHI, Bhubaneswar!!!

Thank you so much for having chosen The HHI for your stay in Bhubaneswar. Our sincere efforts have always been towards making your stay more comfortable and enjoyable. I understand that this time your stay was not up to your expectations because of the Damp Smell, Air-conditioning of the room as well as size of the bathroom. I honor your valuable suggestion & apologies for the inconvenience casued this time. I am sure the whole team at The HHI will ensure that the same doesn't happen in all further stay and whenever you come next time would be highly satisfied with our personalized services.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I stayed here for 2 days, for a business meet.
The hotel is is grand and has 2 buildings, a front one which houses the reception & the restaurant.
I stayed in the 2nd building. between the 2 buildings is a swimming pool and lawn.
I was excited that I would get some time post meetings to take a dip in the pool, however, the pool was under maintenance which continued to 2 days.
Whats the point of having a pool but not keeping it clean.

Anyways, apart from the pool, the room was spacious and clean. The bathroom was also clean including a bath tub.

The complimentary breakfast was good with enough options. Food is average though.

What shocked me was that the hotel did not provide complimentary wifi. The hotel management should give this thing a serious thought. Especially when other HHI hotels and almost every 2 star and above hotel provides free wifi.

However, the one thing that really made me happy was its gym. I must say that this gym was one of the best in-hotel gyms that I have visited. Health conscious and regular gym goers will love this.

Room Tip: Try to get rooms in the second building past the swimming pool.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank drtalha

Warm Greetings From The HHI, Bhubaneswar!!!

Thank you so much for having chosen The HHI for your stay in Bhubaneswar. Our sincere efforts have always been towards making your stay more comfortable and enjoyable. I understand that this time your stay was not up to your expectations because of the Swimming Pool Maintenance and Complimentary Wi Fi which we have started offering Complimentary to Evey Guest now. I honor your valuable suggestion & apologies for the inconvenience casued this time . I am sure the whole team at The HHI will ensure that the same doesn't happen in all further stay and whenever you come next time would be highly satisfied with our personalized services.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I stayed here for about 2 days. It was a business trip. The food was pretty good. The Hotel has a pretty temple in the portico where in the morning there was a Pandit who was very nice as well. The rooms were spacious, neat and clean. I have been to HHI Pune as well and this branch is actually better than Pune. The breakfast was alright but I preferred the room service lunch I had ordered.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank bhakok
HHIBBSR, General Manager at Hotel Hindusthan International, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Warm Greetings from The HHI, Bhubaneswar !!!

Your valued comments would surely help us to improve further in all aspects.