“Good and comfortable hotel especially for ladies travelling alone”

VITS Bhubaneswar Hotel
Ranked #9 of 58 Hotels in Bhubaneswar
Guwahati, India
“Good and comfortable hotel especially for ladies travelling alone”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I was in Bhubaneswar from 28th to 30th May 2014. I selected Hotel VITS mainly because I got a very good follow up by Ms Rumana (Reception) and Mr Sushant (Sales).
1.It is not far from the airport - hardly 20 minutes drive by the pick-up vehicle arranged by the hotel.
2.I got an excellent single room with a king size bed. The room itself was very comfortable and clean.
3.The restaurant members were helpful and the food quality was excellent.
4.Even though i was alone i used the swimming pool.
5.The staff members went all the way out to make by first trip to Bhubaneswar comfortable.
6. The hotel is also not very far (by auto) from Kalinga University, Patia.

I was a bit disappointed with
1.room service which was very slow the first day and i had to make many calls for my order to come through.
2. The prices of the restaurant for a single person especially for someone who is already staying in the hotel could be revised.

All in all I would recommend Hotel VITS for anyone travelling to Bhubaneswar especially ladies travelling alone. I myself have decided to book into it the next time i visit Bhubaneswar.

Irina

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank irinahbarua

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Bhubaneswar, India
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Nice reception area, friendly staff, clean rooms and bathrooms, well maintained, the food is also good.Has a swimming pool also decently maintained. The location is also nice as it is located almost in the heart of the city , and too far from airport/station.

Room Tip: On the first floor as it has balcony.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank devprakash26
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my family in April 2014 during my visits to Puri and Bhubaneshwar. This hotel is a nice place to stay. The check in was quite fast, staff is very courteous. The rooms are spacious, the buffet spread is good. In fact they even arranged a packed early morning breakfast by 6.15 as i had to check out from the hotel prior to the start of their breakfast.They had even arranged a cake at a very short notice for my wife's birthday. There was nothing to complain about. I would highly recommend this hotel if you want to stay in Bhubaneshwar. This hotel is close to the railway station as well. (10 mins or so).
Overall a very good hotel and worth every penny.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Sudesh S
VITSBBSR, Manager at VITS Bhubaneswar Hotel, responded to this review, 20 May 2014

Greetings from VITS - Bhubaneswar's first Luxury Business Hotel !!!

Thank you for patronizing VITS for your recent stay at Bhubaneswar. It has been our privilege to have you at VITS. Thank you so much for providing your valuable comments on our services.
You valuable comments will definitely help us to grow further and strive for the excellence.

Also Experience VITS Hospitality at Mumbai, Aurangabad, Nashik, Pune, Tirupur & Latur. We are also coming up in more cities very soon.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our property, on your next visit to Bhubaneshwar and assure you of our best services and attention at all times.

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed 15 May 2014

The Hotel is a nice place to stay for short trips & business trips. The rooms are spacious & well maintained . The pool was big & nice. I want them to notice on one thing that is the food. Breakfast spread was gud bt every thing was very sweet as if sugar was added to it i dont knw why ? Please look after it. The Hotel staff were courteous & helpful .

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank sakettuwani
VITSBBSR, Manager at VITS Bhubaneswar Hotel, responded to this review, 16 May 2014

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Dear Sir,

I had a most comfortable stay at VITS hotel last week. The room , amenities, service at the bar and restaurant were excellent besides good food.

I would also like to commend the hotel on another point. While in the lobby lounge i forgot my wallet containing cash and credit cards etc(28th December-6.30pm).I left for the airport; I then got a call while i was on the way to the airport and came back to get my wallet. I not only would like to thank the hotel but commend the honesty of your staff to retrieve this as the lobby had many guests at that time. Please convey my sincere thanks to the Reception staff -3 people and the person who found my wallet and handed over to the reception. It is good to know that i was staying at a hotel that not only has great service but also committed , dedicated and honest staff. I would like to give a reward of Rs 500 to the person who found the wallet.( iwas in a big rush and could not do this gesture at that time) If you please identify the person and his name please do send me so that on my next visit i can give you. Needless to mention my nextstay will be at VITs.Kindly forward this mail to your HO and are free to put this on your website under comments and feedback.

Rajpal Duggal
Delhi

Thanking You

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms are preferred, less noise
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank SinghCzar
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 5 April 2014

This hotel can be rated as home away from home. Staff is too courteous and provide personalised service. It was my first stay at any VITS property. I was pleasantly surprised by the service and hospitality of this hotel easily comparable to that of multi national big chains. Though, nothing was negative at the hotel, a rooftop restaurant and little more maintenance of the washrooms will be completing the cycle.

Congratulations for such a wonderful management and thanks for all the hospitality during my stay at the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ajaibaj
VITSBBSR, Manager at VITS Bhubaneswar Hotel, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
Dear Mr. Ajai,

Greetings from VITS - Bhubaneswar's first Luxury Business Hotel !!!

Thank you for patronizing VITS for your recent stay at Bhubaneswar. t has been our privilege to have you at VITS. Thank you so much for providing your valuable comments on our services. We have always been earnest in our endeavor to extend the very best of the VITS to our guests.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

We had a very good lunch buffet at the Sizzle in EK PE EK OFFER,The food was quite good and testy.the staff was polite and attentive towards guest and all are doing "namaskar" to guest,I had viewed the banquet hall,swiming pool and Hotel Rooms,they are maching any big hotel in the city .

Room Tip: Road facing rooms
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business