“A quiet place” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 57 Hotels in Bhubaneswar
Bengaluru, India
“A quiet place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

Stayed for business purpose. The hotel is not too big but the staff are really courteous and take very good care. Right in the heart of the city with many major attractions and the important markets nearby

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Trident-Bhubaneswar, General Manager at Trident, Bhubaneswar, responded to this review, 1 April 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for reviewing your experience.

Our endeavor is to be known for friendly, intuitive and personalized service and it is great to know that you were impressed with the personal touch in our service delivery. Your praise of my team means a lot to me and to all of us.

You are absolutely correct in highlighting the location as one of the plus points of the hotel. Located in the heart of the city, it provides easy access to all the business and tourist attractions the city has to offer.

Many thanks again for taking the time to write the review.

Abhimanyu Lodha

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Thai first
Forest Row, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

highly rated, almost 5 star as very comfortable and grand if lacking in individuality. A vast marble entrance and superb distant reception, splendid floors and tasteful inbuilt sculptures. Huge open pool, vista lawns well tended. Nice grounds, lotus pool and rose garden. Excellent cuisine in the elegant, discrete, well decorated dining room
nothing to criticise and as good as such hotels get

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank dunstanrichard

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for reviewing your experience.

I am delighted to read this feedback to know that you had a wonderful stay and were thoroughly impressed with the setting of the hotel, the temple architecture, quality of meals and services.
The Trident is the place to be if one is looking for a relaxing holiday. Lush green gardens, a kilometer long jogging track, several birds, large pool, rose garden and the lotus pool, all create a stunningly peaceful ambiance. Our guests love this about the hotel!

As they say, a place is because of its people and so is our hotel. I am blessed with a team of committed and enthusiastic people. Trident, Bhubaneswar experience is all about people and working together to create beautiful memories for all our guests.

We hope that you will plan another holiday with us soon.

New Delhi, India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

Am a regular at Trident, Nariman Point and generally stay at Mayfair in Bhubaneshwar. Decided to try Trident in Bhubaneshwar given the good experience in Mumbai. Was completely disappointed. Major issues:
1 Requested for a faucet in bathroom, was told that it was not possible. However, they could change my room and provide a faucet there. Agreed to change room but still no faucet in bathroom.
2 Set up the radio alarm and also called reception to give me a wake up call. Alarm did not ring and the reception also did not call.
3 Terrible service as they seem short staffed. Call to housekeeping keeps on ringing till it finally gets transferred to reception. Simple thing like mouthwash not available. Asked as to why this happens and was told by the person that there is only one person in housekeeping who is delivering stuff to the rooms so the phone rings for a long time before it gets transferred.
4 Bar: Definitely not the standard of a good hotel. A Jack Daniels was also not available. Snacks took a long time to come.
5 Breakfast buffet: Variety not great as compared to Trident Mumbai. Took ages to get a cold coffee.
6 Room Service: The most disappointing grilled sandwich i ever ate. Was so soggy that I had to send it back. Chocolate Mousse seemed a week old.
7 Trident Privilege points still not credited despite confirming at time of payment that my number is there in records.

Back to Mayfair from next time.

Room Tip: Not much option..
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank PranayMaini
Trident-Bhubaneswar, General Manager at Trident, Bhubaneswar, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for reviewing your experience in detail and taking the time out to speak with me and discussing the concerns.

It is our desire that every guest leaves as an ambassador of the hotel and The Trident Group. Clearly, we have failed in our endeavor.

I would like to sincerely apologize for the numerous issues you had faced when you were here. I also wanted to thank you for sharing this feedback through your comment card when you left from here. Together with the entire team, I have gone through your detailed feedback and addressed the issues related to lapses in service and would want to assure you that I will personally look into making amends through training and coaching so we don’t repeat this again in future.

Understandably, the numerous incidents have spoilt what should have been a great stay and you have not left happy. We request you to give us another opportunity to welcome you as we are confident that with a carefully crafted experience and attentive and personalized service we will be able to change your perception about The Trident, Bhubaneswar.

Please do write to me at abhimanyu.lodha@tridenthotels.com whenever you plan to visit Bhubaneswar next and I will be glad to personally look after all the arrangements.

Goa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

A well managed hotel with spacious rooms. Especially the garden area and jogging track is well maintained. Swimming pool is also a good one. The quality of food is good but restaurant space is bit congested. Services at reception is excellent.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for reviewing your experience.

I am really happy to know that you had a good time with us and were able to relax and unwind. The Trident is the place to be if one is looking for a relaxing holiday. Lush green gardens, a kilometer long jogging track, several birds, large pool,all create a stunningly peaceful ambiance. Our guests love this about the hotel!

Your comments on the reception team are very encouraging and the team will be thrilled to receive them. I feel very fortunate to be working with these incredible ladies and gentlemen who do everything in their capacity to ensure that all our guests leave with exceptional guest experiences. Your praise of my team means a lot to me and to all of us.

Vadodara, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

Majestic Hotel. With all things in approachable distance. However is not as majestic as other hotels viz, Trident Udaipur. Poor breakfast spread. Not the world's best service. Go here for leisurely vacation, with time at hand to enjoy the lawns.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for reviewing your experience.

I am Happy to know that overall you had a good stay with us. The location and over all ambience of the hotel as you have rightly mentioned are our strengths and one of the things our guests like about the hotel.

I have noted your comment regarding the breakfast spread and service, which did not meet with your expectation. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. In order that I am able to take appropriate corrective action, I would appreciate your advice on the specific aspect of the service that disappointed you.

I would be delighted to speak with you, so I can apologise in person. My direct e-mail id is abhimanyu.lodha@tridenthotels.com I will really look forward to this opportunity at a date and time most convenient for you and I will set up the call.

The team and I forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Bhubaneswar.

chandigarh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Me and my wife stayed at this hotel on 15th of feb'14.
It is a nice hotel with nice basic facilities with no spa.
The whole staff is welcoming,hospitality is good, rooms are also good.
Some vibe of music and liveliness is missing..

• Stayed February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Trident-Bhubaneswar, General Manager at Trident, Bhubaneswar, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on this forum.

I am happy to learn that you enjoyed your experience at our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you again. Please do write to me directly should you need any assistance on vishal.pathak@tridenthotels.com

Regards
Vishal. Pathak
Delhi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

Fantastic Property, equally complemented by Service Levels & F&B. Can be a destination for leisure travel and stay and also for destination wedding / conferences. Was amazed to see such sprawling greenery in a business hotel and this can be compared to the best resorts in the holiday destinations in different parts of the country

Room Tip: Suites are outstanding. Rooms facing the lush green sprawling lawns can be very refreshing and relax...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive. I am pleased to know that you liked our facilities including the food and beverage offering.

The team at Trident Bhubaneswar is looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm regards