“Responsive team in a garden setting property”

Trident, Bhubaneswar
Ranked #2 of 58 Hotels in Bhubaneswar
New Delhi, India
“Responsive team in a garden setting property”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Have stayed in this property more than a dozen times and yet keep penning down my experiences here, whenever I have something new to share.
My visit last month led me to meet a young and energetic new General Manager - Abhimanyu. Was touched by his endevour to personally meet as many guests as possible.
He asked me if there could be something which could improve my experience in that property. Spontaneously I shared with him that for some reason, none of the Trident properties have a health faucet in the washroom - something which many Indian guests would feel more comfortable with - including senior citizens. Since this seemed to be a design policy related issue, I was doubtful if it would result into any action.
I visited again last week and yo to my pleasure, I saw a gleaming health faucet installed in the wash room. Many thanks Abhimanyu, for keeping your word!
The dinner at the restaurant was great, with the Chef Suprakash dishing up a wonderful vegetarian platter coupled with a few local delicacies. This inspite of the limitation that the property has w.r.t. just one restaurant. However the focus on customer service makes up for the property related issue.
Another big positive worth experiencing is the fantastic garden that has the building set in, in the front. The garden is located behind the building and has a neat jogging / walking track - replete with colourful flower laden shrubs and fruit laden trees - many big mango trees as well.
And finally must mention the quick service provided at the front office by an able team led by Khushboo.

Thanks Team Trident Bhubaneswar! Kudos for the wonderful focus on customer needs.

Room Tip: Garden facing is a better bet than the pool facing one. Also remember to jog / walk in the garden to...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank RSV2011
Trident-Bhubaneswar, General Manager at Trident, Bhubaneswar, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Trident, Bhubaneswar for your stay, a fantastic review and for your elaborated appreciation of each of our services. The team and I are delighted to read your review.

I don’t have words to thank you for this feedback about your recent experience with The Trident, Bhubaneswar, and especially about the warm, intuitive, proactive and genuinely friendly yet professional service. I am so happy to know that you had a wonderful stay and were thoroughly impressed with the setting of the hotel, architecture, quality of accommodation, food and services.

As they say, a place is because of its people and so is Trident, Bhubaneswar. I am blessed with a team of committed and enthusiastic people. Trident, Bhubaneswar experience is all about people working together to create beautiful memories for all our guests. I am so happy to know that you got to experience the best of our hospitality. I feel very fortunate to be working with these incredible ladies and gentlemen who do everything in their capacity to ensure that all our guests leave with exceptional guest experiences. Your praise of my team means a lot to me and to all of us.

You have captured the essence of what we endeavour to present each of our guests with.

We are proud to have you as an ambassador of Trident Bhubaneswear and look forward to welcome you back soon!

Abhimanyu Lodha

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Thai first
Jajpur, India
Reviewed 20 April 2014

This hotel is really fantastic, very clean and the food is excellent the staff are very friendly and excellent 1st class 5* service. Definitely recommend any one travelling to this area to stay here, you will not be disappointed

Room Tip: All the room are good. I have stayed here several times and never been disappointed
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Frankmatt
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Trident, Bhubaneswar for your stay and a fantastic review.

I am delighted to know that every aspect of your experience was excellent. It feels so special to receive such feedback from our guests and I am overwhelmed each time by the commitment of our team to create fond memories of our guest.

Many thanks again for taking the time to write the review. We hope that you will plan another holiday with us soon.

Concord, Massachusetts
Reviewed 9 April 2014

The hotel decor follows the Bhubaneswar motto, "City of Temples." The streamlined exterior has gardens and a walking path. The interior is mostly white and spacious with large bell lamps reminiscent of temple bells hanging from the cathedral ceiling. The staff will say, "Nameste" to greet you. There are wonderful flower arrangements that are changed daily. The "decorations" are largely temple-like statuary and photographs of temples. The decor is quite sophisticated, clearly architect-designed. The receptionists and the wait staff are attentive and friendly. The breakfast buffet is delicious, plentiful, and includes everything you could possibly want. Lunch is good too. The pool is in an interior garden. The rooms are nice, the bed comfortable, and the bath modern and clean. In fact, the entire hotel is spotless and quiet. This was my fourth trip to India and we stayed two months this time. To indicate how much I liked this hotel, I'll just say of all the luxury hotels we have stayed in, this was my favorite. I just loved this place!

Room Tip: All the rooms overlook the pool and garden.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Saussy
Dear Guest,

I am so happy to know that you had a wonderful stay and were thoroughly impressed with the setting of the hotel, architecture, quality of accommodation, food and services and got to experience the best of our hospitality.

Many thanks again for taking the time to write the review. We hope that you will plan another holiday with us soon!

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Stayed for business purpose. The hotel is not too big but the staff are really courteous and take very good care. Right in the heart of the city with many major attractions and the important markets nearby

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Trident-Bhubaneswar, General Manager at Trident, Bhubaneswar, responded to this review, 1 April 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for reviewing your experience.

Our endeavor is to be known for friendly, intuitive and personalized service and it is great to know that you were impressed with the personal touch in our service delivery. Your praise of my team means a lot to me and to all of us.

You are absolutely correct in highlighting the location as one of the plus points of the hotel. Located in the heart of the city, it provides easy access to all the business and tourist attractions the city has to offer.

Many thanks again for taking the time to write the review.

Forest Row, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2014

highly rated, almost 5 star as very comfortable and grand if lacking in individuality. A vast marble entrance and superb distant reception, splendid floors and tasteful inbuilt sculptures. Huge open pool, vista lawns well tended. Nice grounds, lotus pool and rose garden. Excellent cuisine in the elegant, discrete, well decorated dining room
nothing to criticise and as good as such hotels get

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank dunstanrichard

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for reviewing your experience.

I am delighted to read this feedback to know that you had a wonderful stay and were thoroughly impressed with the setting of the hotel, the temple architecture, quality of meals and services.
The Trident is the place to be if one is looking for a relaxing holiday. Lush green gardens, a kilometer long jogging track, several birds, large pool, rose garden and the lotus pool, all create a stunningly peaceful ambiance. Our guests love this about the hotel!

As they say, a place is because of its people and so is our hotel. I am blessed with a team of committed and enthusiastic people. Trident, Bhubaneswar experience is all about people and working together to create beautiful memories for all our guests.

We hope that you will plan another holiday with us soon.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Am a regular at Trident, Nariman Point and generally stay at Mayfair in Bhubaneshwar. Decided to try Trident in Bhubaneshwar given the good experience in Mumbai. Was completely disappointed. Major issues:
1 Requested for a faucet in bathroom, was told that it was not possible. However, they could change my room and provide a faucet there. Agreed to change room but still no faucet in bathroom.
2 Set up the radio alarm and also called reception to give me a wake up call. Alarm did not ring and the reception also did not call.
3 Terrible service as they seem short staffed. Call to housekeeping keeps on ringing till it finally gets transferred to reception. Simple thing like mouthwash not available. Asked as to why this happens and was told by the person that there is only one person in housekeeping who is delivering stuff to the rooms so the phone rings for a long time before it gets transferred.
4 Bar: Definitely not the standard of a good hotel. A Jack Daniels was also not available. Snacks took a long time to come.
5 Breakfast buffet: Variety not great as compared to Trident Mumbai. Took ages to get a cold coffee.
6 Room Service: The most disappointing grilled sandwich i ever ate. Was so soggy that I had to send it back. Chocolate Mousse seemed a week old.
7 Trident Privilege points still not credited despite confirming at time of payment that my number is there in records.

Back to Mayfair from next time.

Room Tip: Not much option..
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank PranayMaini
Trident-Bhubaneswar, General Manager at Trident, Bhubaneswar, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for reviewing your experience in detail and taking the time out to speak with me and discussing the concerns.

It is our desire that every guest leaves as an ambassador of the hotel and The Trident Group. Clearly, we have failed in our endeavor.

I would like to sincerely apologize for the numerous issues you had faced when you were here. I also wanted to thank you for sharing this feedback through your comment card when you left from here. Together with the entire team, I have gone through your detailed feedback and addressed the issues related to lapses in service and would want to assure you that I will personally look into making amends through training and coaching so we don’t repeat this again in future.

Understandably, the numerous incidents have spoilt what should have been a great stay and you have not left happy. We request you to give us another opportunity to welcome you as we are confident that with a carefully crafted experience and attentive and personalized service we will be able to change your perception about The Trident, Bhubaneswar.

Please do write to me at abhimanyu.lodha@tridenthotels.com whenever you plan to visit Bhubaneswar next and I will be glad to personally look after all the arrangements.

Goa
Reviewed 21 March 2014

A well managed hotel with spacious rooms. Especially the garden area and jogging track is well maintained. Swimming pool is also a good one. The quality of food is good but restaurant space is bit congested. Services at reception is excellent.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for reviewing your experience.

I am really happy to know that you had a good time with us and were able to relax and unwind. The Trident is the place to be if one is looking for a relaxing holiday. Lush green gardens, a kilometer long jogging track, several birds, large pool,all create a stunningly peaceful ambiance. Our guests love this about the hotel!

Your comments on the reception team are very encouraging and the team will be thrilled to receive them. I feel very fortunate to be working with these incredible ladies and gentlemen who do everything in their capacity to ensure that all our guests leave with exceptional guest experiences. Your praise of my team means a lot to me and to all of us.