“Happy there”
other travellers have booked this property
Feel the rich heritage of past, stay here at this former hunting mansion, now a villa farm house.
Take a deep breadth and feel the freshness of incredibile India and its simplicity and its heritage. enjoy bedrooms with colored windows,feel the cooling effect of a bygone era, using wet root curtains
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Spend the rarest moments of your life with someone so simple in the most remote villages in India
Have a thrilling Angling or sportfishing vacation with your family in this unknown destination.
For some people time has not changed. Enjoy seeing traditional methods of lifestyle
Be a part and get the feel of an old world charm.
be a part of tribal culture. watching cockfights are a part of local tribal lifestyle, weekly market
relax your mind and refresh your evenings with different tribal dances to remember for a long time
Exclusive al fresco dinner and breakfast settings for a romantic and memorable holiday.
go back in time and look at history.  A family with a rich heritage started in 81 AD.
Enjoy authentic Indian food and family receipies with hosts, cooked in bio gas eco kitchen
A smile is more than a thousand words.
India's top hand woven silk textile destination. A rich Indian product to carry home as gifts
we need no modern technology. we are better off with our traditional stuff !!.see craftsmen at work
Research scholars !! stop here to find out what you have missed in your study.
Are you a bird watcher or a nature photographer ? come here and get the best of it.
trekking, Jungle walk, cycling, Bat safari (flying fox), these are our best features.
For the trophy hunters, size does matter.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

taradhara
Bastia, France
“Happy there”
Reviewed 27 April 2018 for a stay in January 2018
person found this review helpful

We were so happy to stay in your lovely palace you put so much heart to restaure it. We were sad not stay only 1 night but sure next time we 'll spend more time to enjoy your home, your delightful friendly attitude and so interesting places to visit around. Thank you so much Debjit. We manage a travel agency in France (Corsica) and we have happy to include your place in our itinerary in Orissa.

15 May 2018
Thanks so much Dhana and Corsica. It was a short but a wonderful meeting. We seriously look forward to strengthen our relationship and meeting you again for a long term friendship.
Best regards to both of you.
Michael G
Lagunitas, California
“Don’t Miss This Gem!”
Reviewed 24 March 2018 for a stay in March 2018

If you are looking for a wonderful and authentic experience off the beaten path, then Kila Dalijoda is the place for you. Staying there has been one of the highlights of my 2 months of travel in India. I stayed for 5 nights It is in a lovely and interesting rural area - serene atmosphere, rice fields, tribal villages, wild life sanctuary, as well as exotic and melodic bird songs of a diverse avian population. The rural roads (almost no cars) are great for exploring by bicycle, which are provided by the home stay.

Debjit and his wife Namrata are a joy. They are gracious hosts and genuinely nice people that make you feel right at home. Debjit is a wonderful guide that will help you discover fun and unique aspects of this part of Odisha..

Namrata will create some of the best Indian cuisine you will ever enjoy - local and family recipes you are unlikely to find elsewhere. Save some room for her out of this world deserts.

25 Mar 2018
Thanks a lot Michael. You are a gem of a person and we loved hosting you. You left a lasting impression of good feeling and our only call is to you come back with your wife and experience something new . Best regards.
Debjit n Namrata
Malkia
Amsterdam
“Beautiful and friendly place to stay”
Reviewed 20 March 2018 for a stay in February 2018

I planned to stay 3 days in Kila Dalijoda, but stayed almost one week and still it was difficult to leave.

The place is so very pleaceful. A not so well known and very peaceful part of India.

My room on the top floor was very charming with a beautiful view from the terrace where I could practice my morning yoga.

Many thanks to Debjit, Namrata and Shrividya. Thanks to them my stay was wonderful. I went on a long cycling tour my first day and Debjit took me out on a walk in the forest my second day.

I was always welcome to use the bike, which I enjoyed a lot.

The food was amazing. Every time different dishes, always freshly made and as much as possible from their own garden. Together with the food I had in Wayanad, the best food on my Indian trip.

I wanted to take the chef home but at least I got new inspirating for my cooking at home.

Hopefully I will be able to return again in the (near) future.

24 Mar 2018
Thanks so much Lisette. We loved your presence as much and want you to come back for some more interesting outdoors. Best wishes
Gargoyle1...
India
“Idyllic; beautiful; comfortable; and with healthy, lip-smacking food!”
Reviewed 17 March 2018 for a stay in December 2017

This is perfect for people experiencing the burnt-out of urban living. We (my aunt, uncle, and I) wanted to cherish our time together with long walks and conversations in the lap of nature. But, we were in no mood for roughing it out. Kila Dalijoda was an ideal get away. Great hosts, great food, and an old hunting lodge—it couldn't have been better. Also, I did manage to keep my new year's resolution of exercising by cycling for 5K on the 1st of Jan ;)

24 Mar 2018
Thanks Shweta for your beautiful reviews. It was a pleasure meeting you and Mr.& Mrs. Pani. I am intouch with him. And we are ready with something new so come again to enjoy some more outdoors. Best wishes.
Supratik
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Don't delay, book today ! Pristine nature and has great potential for birding.”
Reviewed 14 March 2018 for a stay in February 2018

There is not really a great deal for me to add to the glowing reviews one can already find here. But one point I'd like to highlight is that as a fellow Indian my expectations were a bit different from travellers from abroad and I did not think that the experience will "wow" me. I was pleasantly surprised.
The details provided here are accurate and Kila Dalijoda now has a website and Facebook page as well for more information.
Overall the experience is an excellent value for money with the added charm of being able to have a peep into the royal past of India.
The pick up arrangement from Cuttack station was smooth and not pricey.
Because Debjit and I had a number of things in common so we had a great time. His wife Namrata is also a great story teller and Srividya will keep you entertained with her dance moves.
The room was huge and spotlessly clean. The hot water geyser worked fine and bed was firm with very comfortable pillows. I took simple precautions and did not get bitten by mozzies.
I read one comment about food and I must say that the food was anything from bland. Lovingly cooked, not commercialised preparations. I was truly blown away by the breakfast of "pitha" and fresh liquid jaggery. Must request that.
But my most memorable experience was to travel inside the forest with Debjit, who had a keen interest in anything to do with nature , starting from cycling to angling to birding to conservation.
He is a very good spotter and showed me several interesting species of birds. He has also recently identified a wetland spot nearby full of migratory birds and I think that spot has huge potential, perhaps even to rival the famous Chilka lake and surroundings. I must return one day to have a look there. Sadly I also missed out on the Joranda temple evening prayers and that sounded like a very interesting experience.
Debjit and Namrata had worked tirelessly to restore KD to its former glory and opening their home to us and they should be commended for that. They deserve every opportunity to keep their dream going and anyone with the slightest interest in history and nature should seriously consider visiting this place.

16 Mar 2018
Dear Supratik,
I have no words how to thank you. As hosts our objective is to give off our best of what we have and make sure guest go out on a high only to return for more. Nothing is more satisfying when a guest comes back to us with a new desire for something more and I am sure our wetlands are calling you to come back again. Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. And thanks a million for such high words and recommendations.
Best wishes
Rosemary...
“Cannot wait to return!”
Reviewed 25 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018

Our stay at Kila Dalijoda was one of our most favourite experiences in India. It is situated in an idyllic location in the Odisha countryside. Perfectly situated for everything from fishing to birdwatching to cycling to relaxing to any artistic endeavour. The food is superb. All kinds of delicious Oria specialities beautifully presented in the family dining room. Our suite of rooms were exquisite in every detail. So much light and space. Perfect if you need to read, write, work or just relax in comfort. Excellent value for money. But what really makes this place special is the family who own and run it. Debjit, Namrata and Shreevidya are welcoming and friendly and could not have done more to make us feel at home. We were very sad to leave but know that we will remain in touch and return. Thank you everyone at Kila Dalijoda xx

Your age range 35-49
26 Feb 2018
Thank you so much Rosemary and Tony.
It just wonderful to have met you all and spent some quality time together. We will keep in touch for sure and receive you again with open arms some time in future. Best wishes from all of us at KD or KILA DALIJODA.
simonyard...
London, United Kingdom
“Friendly, very hospitable and very interesting”
Reviewed 23 February 2018 for a stay in January 2018

An insight into India as it must have been in the 30s. Such a very hospitable couple who are renovating the large shooting lodge. We cycled, we walked in the jungle, met village people and fished on the lake belonging to the property. They gave us excellent food and we hope to visit again one day.

26 Feb 2018
Thank you Simon and Caroline for such positive words. We have miles to in our endeavour and meeting people like you all in between makes life all the more exciting and complete. Thanks again for choosing to stay with us. Will like to meet up once again sometime in near future. Best wishes from all of us.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing