“Convenient, and good value” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Grand Central

Hotel Grand Central
Ranked #19 of 57 Hotels in Bhubaneswar
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Convenient, and good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

We chose this hotel as we had an early train departure the following morning. As we were leaving too early for breakfast, we booked a standard room without breakfast included in the rate.
The room was fine, clean sheets, hot water, and we were woken up at 5am with tea.
We used the restaurant, before it was serving dinner, and had excellent snacks with beer.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank readsandtravels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

I have stayed many times at this Hotel when ever I have visited Bhubaneshwar. This time I have stayed with my family and I have a comfortable stay at this hotel. The best thing about this hotel is the service and location. The complimentory breakfast of this hotel is also one of the best in Bhubaneshwar.

1 Thank Amitanshu G
Hooghly, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

Excellent hotel within 50 mtrs from Bhubaneswar Railway Station. Excellent Restaurant . very clean.Excellent hospitality. 24 hours check out and check in. running hot water available from 5.30am. go and enjoy.

1 Thank ChandraSekharPal
Mumbai
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

it is not so good as show on internet.They show many things on net but they did not provide us such facilities.it is ok

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

4 Thank Venkatesan C V

Travellers are raving about these Bhubaneswar hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at there from 23rd December 2013 to 30th Dec.2013. As I have booked this hotel through make my trip, so I have paid the money before entering to the hotel. It was a wrong decision by me. I had the conformation message from make my trip also. When I entered the hotel with my family, the receiptionist told me that your booking has been cancelled even after showing the conformation message. Her reason is that theyhave not received the payment from make my trip. She doesn't help me also. The I had called to make my trip. They told me the booking was partially cancelled & now it's ok. So you can stay at there. But the receiptionist clearly told they have some payment issue with make my trip. So if you want to stay, you can. But you have to pay for the same. Then I checked make my trip booking details & not found my booking history. But fortunately I had saved the screen shot of booking conformation. Based on this I again called to make my trip, again they conformed me, that already they have paid to the hotel. So pls ask them to proceed. After the interfarance of hotel owner, the receiptionist agreed & proceed. All things happened in front of my family. After 30 min., I entered to the room. Internet is not working in this hotel properly &also mobile network is not working properly.
Cost is very high compared to the room & facilities given by them.
Most bad thing is their staff behaviour. The front office staff behaves like God. Frustrating. I felt shamed, as I'm from Odisha & from hotel locality area. As my health check up was going on, so I had stated at there. So don't go for this hotel.

Stayed December 2013
2 Thank prabhat123kumar
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

Writing a review after my 4th stay in this hotel.The hotel is nice and very close to railway station.staffs are friendly.rates are reasonable.food quality is also good.breakfast menus are good.only the staffs attending the breakfast needs to be more swift.wifi they provide free of cost but the speed of the wifi can be better.overall it's a pleasent stray.one can definitely give a try.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

It is a good hotel for the persons who want to stay near Rly stn. Clean rooms and bathrooms, friendly stuff and a well mannered and helpful front desk. Only problem was with the pillows, they were rock hard. Food was average to good. Overall a pleasant experience.