I have happy memories of my stay in Hotel Grand Central. The front desk staff are warm,courteous and friendly. I could see that they have a positive attitude to please the guest.
The Restaurant serves excellent food. (Never book a room without the complimentary breakfast, because the breakfast is excellent.) The ambiance is as good as you find in any five star hotel.
The privacy is wonderful and the cleaning staff are unobtrusive. Myself and my wife stayed in absolute solitude ( except an occasional distant sound of a train moving out of the station nearby)
The beds are comfortable and the sheets are clean and fresh. The pillows are soft.
The bath room is sparkling and running water twentyfour hours.
I am presenting a detailed review because I wish people should enjoy the same kind of pleasant stay in Bhubaneswar like me.
I found clever forighners making a beeline for Hotel Grand Central because they know that they get more comforts for less money.
I should make a special mention of three things that pleasantly surprised me.
1) When i settled the bill, the front desk made a refund of Rs One Hundred and twentyfour !(Have you heard anything like this before?)
2) Two hotel servants carried all our luggage up to the gate of the railway station(without me asking for any help)
3) One late evening myself and my wife returned from a tour obviously tired and exhausted and the lady at the front desk asked us to sit down on the sofa and sent for some coffee compliments of the hotel.
Overall it was a very pleasant and comfortable stay for us for four days and I would strongly recommend this hotel for everyone except snobs who go around saying that they stay in five star hotels only!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Grand Central is the ideal accommodation option for business travelers as well as leisure travelers. Centrally located near the commercial center of the city at Old Station Road (Just 1 minute walk from The Railway Station Platform No 4), this budget hotel offers 31 A/C rooms to stay. The rooms at Hotel Grand Central are categorized as Deluxe, Super Deluxe and Executive Deluxe Rooms. All the rooms are lavishly furnished with cable television, channel music, direct dial telephone, study table, mini bar and Free Wi-Fi connectivity. The attached washrooms are equipped with bathroom toiletries and receive a continuous supply of hot & cold water. The Executive Deluxe rooms additionally have fruit basket ,Tea/Coffee maker and shaving kits available. The multi cuisine restaurant at Hotel Grand Central has a wide choice of mouth watering Indian, Continental and Chinese cuisine that are bound to get your taste buds tingling with delight. There is also a swanky bar with a wide range of Indian and International liquors. Travel desk also offers sightseeing tours to distant heritage sights, namely Puri and Konark. Corporate are also facilitated with a boardroom and a conference hall, which is ideal for business and private events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Priceline, Agoda, Booking.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Grand Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.