“Reasonably priced - but bad on service”
Review of Hotel Pushpak

Hotel Pushpak
Ranked #4 of 58 Hotels in Bhubaneswar
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Reasonably priced - but bad on service”
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I stayed at Pushpak with my parents and few relatives. We had 2 large rooms and 1 junior suite with about 10 people to accommodate. The accommodation was decent but the service sucked!

However, I must highlight that my overall experience of customer service in Odisha was anyways low. Compared to the rest, Pushpak is above average - but compared to what you would expect in other cities (esp Metros) its quite pathetic.

Also, they try every ploy to make you use their "perks". For example, every time you ask for refill of water they will prompt you to use the water bottle in the minibar :-P.

However, it is reasonably priced for the kind of accommodation it provides and given that you may not need to stay for more than 2 nights and will mostly be out sightseeing - its not a bad deal.

Room Tip: Choose the deluxe rooms. If traveling with a large group - ask for the Junior suites with extra bedd...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Nikhil K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Ahmedabad, India
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Great clean place to stay with a very friendly effecient staff. We stayed five nights from 5th to 10th May. This place is really a nice clean comfortable stay. The rooms were clean. They were all very nice and accommodating. The bed we had was comfortable and the room was very very quiet. Being a vegetarian, got the best quality veg food with very good taste. I recommend Hotel Pushpak if you are looking for great affordable stay in Bhubaneswar.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Rahul A
Surat, India
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Has Got scope of improvement. But even then the stay and behavior was definitely satisfyingOn entering the impressive foyer the reception staff were friendly and efficient. The room was furnished to a high standard and very clean.I most likely stay here again.

1 Thank miteshpatel169
Surat, Gujarat, India
Reviewed 19 May 2012

our stay was completely comfortable with all necessary things next to our hand and with excellent room service,conditions etc. We would like to thank the entire staff and management for providing good service. thank you!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank brijesh06051981
Bhubaneswar, India
Reviewed 8 May 2012

Hotel is very near to airport and I could locate without a problem. We enjoyed at stay in hotel Pushpak our stay was 3 nights 4 days. Staffs were very helpful. The rooms were cleaned & specious. During my stay the boys wished me by saying good morning and they guided me whatever I asked for. Room service boys were so good. The front office boys called me to have complimentary breakfast. The breakfast was hygiene and tasty. We had dinner at the restaurant which was very nice to my satisfaction. We had a pleasant stay starting from the on line reservation, the customer care was very helpful and they were very prompt at confirmation of booking immediately after payment. We have come across and even in the present trip this was the best amongst other hotels. I got appreciation from my brother –in-law and his wife who also stayed in a different room along with us, for selecting such a best hotel.

Room Tip: affordable price
2 Thank srikanta s
Maharastra
Reviewed 6 May 2012

i stayed here for 5 nights in april. this was my first visit to bhubaneswar. i was there for both some official work but also was accompanied by my family who wanted to visit bhubaneswar and puri and the jagannath temple. we decided to stay in bhubaneswar because it was central and the airport was also in bhubaneswar.

Pushpak offered pickup service from the airport which was promptly availed. i was delighted to see the pickup guy upon landing at the airport. hotel was just 5-10 minutes drive from the airport. checkin was quick. i really liked the front desk people. there was a girl and one guy (i think his name was Mr. Bapi) who was very helpful. he guided us during the stay to visit puri and other places.

bell boy walked us to the room which was well kept. bathrooms were very spacious and towels were crisp and clean. i always want hotels to have good hot water facility which is not guaranteed in most hotels across india. i was so relived to find running hot water. ahh! it was there all thoughout the stay and i enjoyed it. the beds were normal and bedspreads were clean.

the memorable part of the stay was complimentary breakfast. it was buffet and had a variety of options. my kids loved it every morning. it was served in a large and clean restaurant which was well kept. we dined in the restaurant (Golden Bird, i think) a couple of times and the food was fantastic.

all in all, i would definitely rate pushpak very highly. i will be sharing this experience with my friends and would recommend it to everyone i know. EXCELLENT JOB MANAGEMENT! THANK YOU!

4 Thank SamirPandey
Mumbai
Reviewed 15 March 2012

I travel quite offen to other cities. This was my first Bhubaneswar trip and I happened to find a good deal for Hotel Pushpak online at hotelpushpak.com. The complimentary airport pickup provided by the hotel was good (nice car and driver). Check in at the hotel front desk was fast. Front desk staff were friendly and respectful. My wife and I had got a good room - spacious, good bed and clean linens. Bathroom was equally spacious - all modern fixture and clean/new towels. The shower was very good and water was always hot. We stayed for multiple days but had complimentary breakfast on only one of the days (had work on other days). There are multiple options in the breakfast (dosa, break/omlett/jam, aloo parotha, puri/bhaji) and I would recommened everyone to take advantage of this nice breakfast option provided by the hotel. Good breakfast is rare now a days but Pushpak has it and for free. Room service guys provided tea once (on order) and the service was flawless. Overall a very nice stay and I would highly recommend my friends and family to stay here again. Infact, I have booked an executive room for my wife's parents who will be visiting Bhubaneswar and Jagannath Puri soon.

Location of the hotel is perfect - almost in a central location and less than 10 minutes drive from the airport. Travel desk people were able to arrange taxi during my entire stay. Thanks to Hotel Pushpak for making my stay wonderful during my Bhubaneswar visit.

Room Tip: I don't remember my room number. But most of the rooms looked similar from outside. So I guess m...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
hotel_pushpak, General Manager at Hotel Pushpak, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
Dear customer,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our hotel, your comments are very much valued. We really appreciate your comments regarding our guest services. Our staff members take their roles in our industry very seriously and try, to provide quality guest services that our guests expect. It’s our pleasure to have you as our regular guest. We hope to see you again soon.
For, Hotel Pushpak