“Just Wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Sartaj

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ludhiana
Hotel Sartaj
Ranked #16 of 51 Ludhiana B&B and Inns
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Just Wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

I came to Ludhiana on business trip and I had to go to chandigarh in evening, but it got late so I decided to stay in a hotel. I searched for budget hotel and this hotel popped at the top. They have a huge lobby that gives u feeling of a 3-star hotel but their prices are not to high. The hotel is quite old (apart from the lobby and reception area). they showed me various rooms and they were all old. as I was gonna leave they showed me this renovated room 107. Boy-o-boy that room was too good and at the tariff they sold was also in my budget. The best thing about these budget hotels is that they go out of the way to serve you. the owners are nice. their staff and waiters are cool and are ready to help you. food was average but cheap as well. service was way above my expectation. they have wifi facility and it worked fine. All-in-all an excellent budget hotel to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for the new rooms if you are willing to pay a little more than the discounted tariff.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank JagdipSingh

Families
Couples
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Chennai (Madras), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

I stayed in this hotel for around 5 days. Plus Points: Co-operative staff, nice location, clean rooms. Negative points: lack of facilities such as Wifi, bathrooms are old style. Food I didn't order, so can't comment on it. otherwise its a good hotel in its segment. Hotel owners were very co-operative and even helped me in printing my e-ticket. In a place like here, I felt like I was at home.

Room Tip: Room 108 is a big room and good for long stay.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
7 Thank Vickbha
Hotel_Sartaj, Owner at Hotel Sartaj, responded to this review, 25 April 2016
Thank you for spending your precious time in writing a positive feedback for us. Hope to provide you even better services in future.
Mumbai
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

I stayed in the hotel for 3 days and it is at a very convenient location, the staff was good. However, hotel lacked amenities such as hot water was available at limited times and most of the TV programs were inaccessible.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

6 Thank Kiron K
Hotel_Sartaj, Manager at Hotel Sartaj, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Sir

Greetings from Hotel Sartaj!!

We are so lucky to have a customer like you. Thank you so much for spending your precious time for writing a review for us on this prestigious forum.

Your detailed comment has enabled us to review this with the team and take necessary steps so as to avoid any such incidents. I do hope you will find the improvements in your future visits..

We are extremely sorry for the limited hot water facility as a budget hotel we cannot use water heaters as they increase our cost. The problem with limited TV programs was not our fault, as we pay our dues on time. But in future we will ensure if the TV is working properly before allocating the rooms to our customers.

I do hope you will find the improvements in your future visits. Request you to give us a call at +9198888-11122 whenever you are in Ludhiana and staying with us.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

I went to Ludhiana last week. My sister referred this hotel. The location of the hotel is near Railway station. So it was not much of difficulty after long travel hours from Mumbai.
The rooms are not at all expensive. They are comfortable. They have all the basic facilities.
The staff was very cooperative. The food was not very good. But overall I enjoyed the stay here.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Silkys366
Hotel_Sartaj, Manager at Hotel Sartaj, responded to this review, 30 November 2013
Dear Ma'am

Greetings from Hotel Sartaj!!

My apologies for the food. We try our best to provide tasty food to our customers in a budget price. I presume we failed in this case. Our cooks have been briefed and shall ensure corrective action is taken further.

I do hope you will find the improvements in your future visits.

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

I went to Ludhiana in October for first time. I had a tough time finding a hotel which was safe enough for women. One of my friends referred me to this hotel. This hotel is fairly close to railway station and Chaura Bazaar. The hotel fitted in my budget. The rooms were not that clean. Staff was real helpful. My train was at night and they sent a waiter with me to railway station. Overall they were very cooperative. Hotel has great potential for improvement.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank KavitaKri
Hotel_Sartaj, Manager at Hotel Sartaj, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear Ma'am

Greetings from Hotel Sartaj!!

My apologies for the cleanliness. We have very stringent room checks before allocating a room to a guest. I presumed we failed in this case. Our Housekeeping department has been briefed and shall ensure corrective action is taken further.

I do hope you will find the improvements in your future visits.

Lucknow, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

It might not be the best in business in the locality, but does no less in giving equal competition to the big boys. Located at an amazingly convenient location, Hotel Sartaj offers a just what you need for a comfortable stay in Ludhiana. Apart from being centrally located and having railway station, excellent means of transportation and vibrant markets within a small radius, it is the service that won't disappoint you. Being constructed in a crowded locality, the hotel appears to be congested. The rooms are small, but clean, comfortable and include all the latest facilities. Despite being in the noisy part of the city, the rooms provide you the required solace after a day of hard work. The people at front desk and behind the phone are really helpful, though servicemen appear to be a little bit lazy to respond. Hotel people do provide good breakfast, lunch and dinner for its guests, but there is still a scope of improvement and a lot better and lip-smacking food can be found once you start wandering about in the city.

All in all, it is a good hotel for spending a couple of nights or more in Ludhiana. I went there on a business trip and found it fairly nice according to its price chart. And, with most of the basic facilities available, nothing much can be expected from a budget hotel at this price. Inclusion of Wi-Fi and a little renovation would be a better for hotel's business in future. But still if you are looking for a nice, convenient and budget place to spend a night in Ludhiana, Hotel Sartaj is a decent choice.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank GauravSahi
Hotel_Sartaj, Manager at Hotel Sartaj, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear Sir

Greetings from Hotel Sartaj!!

It has been our great pleasure to have customer like you. Thank you for spending your precious time to write a review for us.

We are working very hard to satisfy all our customers. You would be delighted to know that we have started renovating some rooms to make them more comfortable. And the Wifi service will be available very soon.

We hope you choose us for your hotel experience next time as well.