“well offered”

City Heart Sarovar Portico
Ranked #6 of 34 Hotels in Ludhiana
“well offered”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

This is located in the heart of the city very much accessible on foot from the railway station.
nice clean rooms, and good food. the breakfast is complimentary. the staff is very helpful and knows bit of city well. this is town where primarily people come for business and this is the perfect business hotel.

Room Tip: go for deluxe rooms as they are big airy and bedsa are firm and nice.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank najnar
Rahul S, General Manager at City Heart Sarovar Portico, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Guest,

We are delighted that you had a good experience while here at City Heart Sarovar Portico, Ludhiana

Thank you for your kind words, this will motivate team to continuously strive to do better to delight the guests at City Heart Sarovar Portico.

General Manger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I went to Ludhiana on a business trip for an entire week. Since there were many of us travelling we were on a tight budget.

With low expectations, we entered Ludhiana. The approach to the hotel was a disappointment as it went past a crowded old road that led you to the hotel. Limited parking space, lots of noise and lots of crowd. That was my first impression of the place.

However, the hotel was much better from inside. The buffet breakfast was ok. The rooms were spacious. The staff was also fairly decent. They did make mistakes in taking orders or room service. But that is what one expects at that price. Check-out took a lot of time. There hotel food is not good and unfortunately there are no decent places around the hotel.

Would recommend it only if you are on a tight budget and if you want to use it only for sleeping. You need some mode of transport to reach the hotel.

Room Tip: Its in the heart of the old city. Bear that in mind if you book this.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

We do appreciate you taking time out to share with us your experience while at our hotel.

We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations.

We have taken note of your feedback about the Room Service and Check Out Experience

I have shared your valuable feedback with the relevant teams in our hotel and assure you of a better experience the next time.

gmspl@sarovarhotels.com
Ludhiana, India
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

It's not about service. It's the people, who willingly are serving here. This hotel is very close to the business centre and offers great stay and good food. The breakfast spread is the best I have come across. The rooms are very comfortable with all the facilities one could need. The hotel has fine dining restaurant with really fine attendants.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments about your stay at City Heart Sarovar Portico

We are glad that the team made your stay comfortable. Your encouraging comments will help us do better.

We look forward to welcome you back soon.

Yours sincerely,
gmspl@sarovarhotels.com
Mumbai
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I have stayed in this hotel many times. I have found the hotel to be very good location wise with a close proximity to railway station and market. The rooms have been very good, but not very well maintained.

However, I have more bad experiences with this hotel than good.

1. Service to guest is almost non-existent. There is no smile at the reception.

2. No manager was available to contact when I wished to lodge complaints many times. Neither he bothered to contact me later.

3. Food is not very good and breakfast menu is restricted.

4. They gave me Free Dinner Coupens for long stays on the day they served only Veg food.

5. I have had problems earlier when the Credit Card company denied payment to them and then they frantically followed up with me to get payment through other channels. However, there was not even a word of thanks after the payment was made to them.

6. They issued me Sarovar Rewarz Card, but did not credit any points to my account for numerous stays I have had here. The reception takes down only the number and then they are unable to inform me about any point credit problem.

7. I was told to vacate hotel 2 days back. My stay was not scheduled for departure and on 26th Sept 13, they called me in the afternoon after I had reached office for a meeting and told me that I cannot stay anymore because the hotel was sold out for two days from 26th night.

I had to vacate the hotel and near by hotel Fortune Klassic welcomed me by happy smile & upgrade being ITC Gold member.

So much so for Sarovar group of which I have visited only this hotel. But I would not exactly love to visit them anymore.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Shyam_Potdar
Rahul S, Owner at City Heart Sarovar Portico, responded to this review, 28 September 2013
Dear Mr.Potdar
I am personally dismayed to know of the incidents which affected your pleasant stay at City Heart Sarovar Portico, Ludhiana

We will certainly take necessary corrective measures and we will do our best to delight you, should you give us the opportunity in future.

We will Ensure that the Sarovar Rewardz points are credited your account.

I have shared your feedback with the respective teams and we will work towards improving on the points highlighted by you.

We look forward to welcoming you back at City Heart Sarovar Portico, Ludhiana

Yours sincerely,
Gurgaon
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Simply loved the personalises attention culture of the Hotel, right from the reception team to the porters, all were well mannered and competent. Rooms are a notch better then someother so called 5 star hotels in ludhina...room service was quick and food quality above expectations.

Being near to railway station have some pluses and some minuses.. Overall agreat place for the business trip.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Shriyut
Rahul S, General Manager at City Heart Sarovar Portico, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind words. We sincerely await the opportunity to welcome you once again.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 16 September 2013

The only reason of me not giving the hotel 5 stars are:

1) The check in by the lady at the front desk was the most horrible experience i have received in my life as a businessman. They checked me in asked me to go to the second floor where i had been allotted my room, WITHOUT A PORTER!!!!!!!. I have stayed in all category hotels all over the world, but even a budget hotel gives you assistance in helping you with your rooms.

2) The wifi of the hotel is almost as good if it was not present. Firstly, the system of the front desk handing you new user id's & passwords every 8-10 hours is not required. Rather change the passwords everyday. Even then, the connectivity is either very very slow (as in the 90's dial up connection) or the system is completely down. This is unacceptable in a business hotel.

Now coming to the pros.
1) It has the most spacious rooms that i have ever encountered in the superior/deluxe category.
2) The room service is very very prompt.
3) The staff (except for the front desk is very cordial & friendly).
4) The food spread has a lot of variety in their buffets. But being a strict vegetarian, the live counter making egg omelettes during breakfast was not a good experience. Hope they change that as soon as possible.

Else, all in all, a very good option to stay in the hustling city of Ludhiana & very close to the business areas of the city as well.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
We have taken a note on the feedback about the Check In Experience and Bell desk Services at the Hotel and shared with the team, we have taken the corrective measures to ensure the great check In Experience for our Guests
Regarding the WiFi we are in process of upgrading the speed and with effect form next month we would have good connectivity on the WI Fi
We take all feedback seriously, and have shared your valuable feedback with the relevant teams to assure you of a better experience the next time.
Thank you for your kind words. It gives me pleasure to note that you liked the services offered by our housekeeping, front office and restaurant team and you liked the room facilities

Gurgaon, Haryana, India
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Very comfortable Room.
The Staff is very helpful and friendly.
The Room Service food is goo as long it is Indian.
Do not try the Continental Food.
Caesar Salad Version is very "Creative" Version to say the best,
the pasta was horrible.
The Burger had Chicken Sausage instead of Patty.
Otherwise nice Stay, just the Area is not very comforting for Foreigners.
All over very satisfied.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Hermannschueler
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and posting your review on Tripadvisor. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and our hospitality.

We have taken a note on your feedback on the quality of Continental food .and have shared your feedback with the Kitchen team and we are working towards improving on the continental food.

Thank you for your kind words. It gives me pleasure to note that you liked the services offered by our hotel team.

regards