I stayed at this hotel for 3 consecutive nights from 6th May to 8th May 2014. I found the rooms to be excellent and value for money proposition. The rooms are spacious and relatively quiet despite being bang in the middle of the town. Being a very frequent traveller I look for the small details which make all the difference in how I rate a Hotel.
In this case the one thing I really liked in the room was how the TEA BAGS in the make your own tea sections had been packed in small plastic covers to make them hygienic for use. Normally the individually packed Twining tea bags are more expensive hence normally avoided by the business class hotels. And again as a normal practise the Taj Tea bags are just left on the tray in exposed open condition. I really appreciate that the Hotel took care of this small detail as it is normally the practise to overlook something so insignificant yet so important.
The service standards too were in line with what you would expect from the “SAROVAR” brand.
Coming to the “lows” the only significant blemish was the extremely poor management of the restaurant / coffee shop (where you would head for the breakfast / dinner routine).
It was not that the food suffered any big time quality issues. It was just that the detailing was not paid proper attention to. To put things in perspective here are my grouses -
1. The spread was not exactly lavish it was just about adequate.
2. With the above said the trays / bowls containing the food at the buffet counter should never have run dry but they did and repeatedly. Not only that the intervening periods for refills were irritatingly long.
3. If you are a PURE vegetarian as I am that is not even egg. Then be very cautious with the green dots. Double check if in doubt as there is no responsible person who takes care of this. It is done very casually. I found bakery carrying RED dots for two days and then magically on the third it became GREEN. On double checking and then triple checking the colour was changed to RED.
4. If you are taking the dinner buffet then check whether some snacks are a part as sometimes they serve it and sometimes they don't.
5. Similarly at Breakfast time some south Indian dishes can be requested but not visible. So you will need to check whether they can make Dosa etc. Do not expect the servers to go to each table and ask everyone diligently.
6. Moreover having had dinner for three consecutive nights I found the dishes very monotonous. The hotel could have done better by having some changes in the Menu.
Had the restaurant services been better I would have really had a better time than I did. So final words are – STAY here but keep the option of EATING out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A modern Business Hotel with extra spacious rooms and great wi-fi service ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your City Heart Sarovar Portico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.