Hotel Fort View
Hotel Rang Mahal(Jaisalmer)
US$117
US$87
Agoda.com
Mystic Jaisalmer Hotel(Jaisalmer)(Great Value!)
US$20
US$16
Priceline
Hotel Shahi Palace(Jaisalmer)(Great Value!)
US$7
US$6
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Royal Haveli(Jaisalmer)(Great Value!)
US$54
US$18
Hotel Lalgarh Fort And Palace(Jaisalmer)(Great Value!)
US$21
Gorbandh Palace(Jaisalmer)(Great Value!)
US$57
US$39
Priceline
All reviewscentral hoteldouble bedroomrooftop restaurantcamel safarithe ownernice rooftopclean roomschaiplace to stayhot wateralivibesfortchowkindiahoststourists
Reviewed 13 April 2013

The rooms are clean and mattresses are comfortable. I wish they had mosquito nets in the rooms though.

The best part, though, is the roof top restaraunt with the amazing view of the fort. The brothers, Kamal and Ali, cook up amazing food and are always up for a chat throughout the day. Be careful, you could easily spend the whole day here!

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank Ericnathanyu
Reviewed 30 March 2013 via mobile

This hotel has a good location, and an ok blurb in the Lonely Planet, but the staff and room were horrible. I got the bigger, nicer room with windows facing the view of the Fort, but the room had no sink, and the toilet didn't flush properly. When I took a shower, the staff (all male) stand on the balcony of the inner courtyard, one floor up, so they can see into the shower. I left immediately. The staff is high on bong or weed, and will pester you with 20 stupid questions. The food is bad. Don't stay here.

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank kgauss
Reviewed 22 March 2013

Because of work, I stayed in Jaisalmer for a few months. Many evenings, this was the place where I was coming to relax, have something to eat and drink. The prices of everything are one of the cheapest among the roof-top restaurants and the view is definitely the best. The location couldn't be better, it's right on the Gopa chowk, in the very center of the town. Enjoying the great food from Hussein (the chef) the beautiful view and the company of the very friendly restaurant manager Ali I spent many unforgettable evenings. Thanks!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Petr S
Reviewed 14 February 2013

We spend 5 days in Jaisalmer and came for dinner, lunch and a cooking lesson!
We learned to cook a really Thali and tasted different dishes : everything was excellent and more cheaper than a lot of restaurants and with large portion sizes!
We especially liked Ali who is always smiley and takes care of you.
....and everything with a nice view of the fort!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank A and T
Reviewed 14 January 2013

I spent one month at the Fort View so I had the chance to really see the goods and bads of the place. The location is ideal, right in the middle of the central market within steps of the fort gate. It must first be pointed out that the hotel and the restaurant are run by different management so I cannot praise or criticize hem equally as one entity.

First I'll tell you about the restaurant:

In one month in Jaisalmer I ate
And spent time at more restaurants than I can count. Of all I think the Fort View has the BEST VIEW IN TOWN. Also the value is good, they are very generous with portion sizes and the prices are significantly cheaper than other tourist restaurants, I honestly don't know how they can make a profit. And the best thing about the restaurant, as mentioned in other reviews,is the restaurant manager Ali. He is likely to be one if the funniest and friendliest smiling faces you will come across in India. Even if you choose to stay elsewhere I highly recommend coming to the restaurant.

As for the hotel, the prices are dirt cheap, with a basic small room with no windows starting as low as 150. There are also two rooms with awesome fort views, but obviously a little more expensive. So as most tourists know, for dirt cheap prices you have to lower your expectations. The cleanliness of the rooms is very basic and rooms are in need of some maintenance ( broken fixtures, toilets that don't flush, etc.) and the manager of the hotel doesn't seem very interested in fixing these things at the moment. Because of location and view this hotel has so.much potential and I hope quality improves in the future, especially for the sake of boosting business for the restaurant. But if you are looking for a cheap, convenient place to stay, this is a good choice.

• Stayed: December 2012