I opted for the hotel after seeing very good reviews about the owner Mr Vinay, which really is correct. He is very cordial, supportive and takes good care of the guest. Below I am giving the objective pros & cons of hotel;
1) Inside fort near to Jain temple, foreigners would like the same more, however as Indian traveller thats not a very much a plus for me as I have seen many temples and this is not a plus for me.
2) Very good host
3) You will never be overcharged. The owner is very genuine
4) Free pickup provided thru local auto by Mr Vinay
5) You call Mr vinay for anything and he will arrange for the same. Even he arranged very beautiful birthday cake for me.
6) Room was big, spacious and newly built
7) I am used to professional hotel experience & not to homely one. This will give you homely experience and a nice one.
8) Silent atmosphere away from hustle bustle. Roof view is good but however not very amazing to me.
1) I opted for Rs 1000 room (highest in category) with panaromic city view and this did'nt turn out as expected. The view outside this side of fort is not great. Infact the windows are covered with mesh grill with long grass outside and you would not feel as if its a good view. To my opinion this first setback was so overwhelming than other positives. So if you are looking for a room with great view, don't opt
2) In general jaisalmer hotels does not keep towel, soaps, water Jug/bottles & glasses, You will have to ask for it at every hotel. My suggestion to hotel is to provide these without asking as it is irritating to call for all this, as soon as you check in
3) No kitchen in hotel, however Mr. Vinay arrange every thing as you want. Infact I had gone with a small kid and he promptly arranged the boiled milk number of times. which is good.
Aside the hotel. If you are looking to stay in Jaisalmer and opting for any hotel inside fort. Do aware that there is no night activity at fort after 8 pm. It looks deserted, even when I had gone on 15-16 dec and never find any single traveller having dinner at any restaurant at night. Infact gone every restaurant was empty and I used to be lone visitor. This seemed strange. However just outside the fort gate till daba Para (place outside fort) the restaturants had travellers. To indian travellers I would suggest to stay just outside fort gate if you need little crowd.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Hotel Siddhartha reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.