“Average hotel experience but owner very good”
Review of Hotel Siddhartha

Hotel Siddhartha
Ranked #49 of 108 Hotels in Jaisalmer
Reviewed 5 January 2013

I opted for the hotel after seeing very good reviews about the owner Mr Vinay, which really is correct. He is very cordial, supportive and takes good care of the guest. Below I am giving the objective pros & cons of hotel;

Pros :
1) Inside fort near to Jain temple, foreigners would like the same more, however as Indian traveller thats not a very much a plus for me as I have seen many temples and this is not a plus for me.
2) Very good host
3) You will never be overcharged. The owner is very genuine
4) Free pickup provided thru local auto by Mr Vinay
5) You call Mr vinay for anything and he will arrange for the same. Even he arranged very beautiful birthday cake for me.
6) Room was big, spacious and newly built
7) I am used to professional hotel experience & not to homely one. This will give you homely experience and a nice one.
8) Silent atmosphere away from hustle bustle. Roof view is good but however not very amazing to me.

Cons;
1) I opted for Rs 1000 room (highest in category) with panaromic city view and this did'nt turn out as expected. The view outside this side of fort is not great. Infact the windows are covered with mesh grill with long grass outside and you would not feel as if its a good view. To my opinion this first setback was so overwhelming than other positives. So if you are looking for a room with great view, don't opt

2) In general jaisalmer hotels does not keep towel, soaps, water Jug/bottles & glasses, You will have to ask for it at every hotel. My suggestion to hotel is to provide these without asking as it is irritating to call for all this, as soon as you check in

3) No kitchen in hotel, however Mr. Vinay arrange every thing as you want. Infact I had gone with a small kid and he promptly arranged the boiled milk number of times. which is good.

Aside the hotel. If you are looking to stay in Jaisalmer and opting for any hotel inside fort. Do aware that there is no night activity at fort after 8 pm. It looks deserted, even when I had gone on 15-16 dec and never find any single traveller having dinner at any restaurant at night. Infact gone every restaurant was empty and I used to be lone visitor. This seemed strange. However just outside the fort gate till daba Para (place outside fort) the restaturants had travellers. To indian travellers I would suggest to stay just outside fort gate if you need little crowd.

Room Tip: This is a good budget hotel with positives but not great view.
3  Thank tajar123

Reviewed 3 January 2013

I has visited jaisalmer in dec end 2012,and had stayed at siddhartha hotel,i had earlier visited jaisalmer 20 years back and had stayed outside the fort and decided that on my next visit i shall stay inside the fort,it was an unique experience made good by the excellent host Sri Vinay vyas who took it on himself to lug our luggage on his scooter,we got a room with a view,which was nice,his assistant Dev was a constant companion ,the roof top has 360 degree view from the top of the fort,being near the Jain temple helps.It was a unique experience google chatting with sri vyas ,while riding on a camel in a camel safari.Rooms though basic are adequate,it was a good experience,though in summers it must be tough with no aircon provided.

regards

A SEN

Room Tip: choose a room with a view the rooms facing the fort wall
1  Thank amiteswar
Reviewed 1 January 2013

Staying inside the fort was a great experience - all the key sights were very close. The hotel is a great value, and Vinay Ji (the owner) is a fantastic host. He will help you in whatever you need. A truly wonderful person.

Be advised that the rooms are very basic - no frills.

Reviewed 26 December 2012

It is an excellent hotel inside the fort premises with homely atmosphere , which provided 24 hrs. hot & cold water and arrange tasty food from the neighbourhood restaurant. Cleanness added a extra comfort. The behavior of Mr. Vinay Vyas and his assistant Dev give me new experience in this desert city. Mr. Vinay dropped me at Rly. station at 11 p.m. by his own car and gave me enough time just like a close-friend.

2  Thank anupkrbiswas1962
Reviewed 26 November 2012

Based on Trip Advisor review, I booked the hotel over phone by directly contacting the owner Mr.Vinay. He booked a fort facing beautiful room for us. It’s such a nice hotel with clean, hygienic, spacious room with hot-cold water facilities. Mr.Vinay is really a great man. He helped us a lot during our stay at Jaisalmer. When we reached Jaisalmer, he was there to pick up and arranged everything for us. Every time, he used to accompany us for any side seen or camel safari and brief us the history of the city, fort, nearby villages and everything. .He arranged one adventure trip in the middle of Thar Desert near India-Pakistan border and that trip was one of the most memorable trip of my life. Thanks a lot Mr.Vinay for everything. Hotel Siddhartha is like Home away from Home. We really felt very homely during our stay. Thanks Vinay and Dev for making my trip such a wonderful and fabulous.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank TripAdda
Reviewed 15 November 2012

We were given a good room and the location of the Hotel also is in the fort premises, which was a different experience.Right from the pick up till the drop at the Railway station at 11 pm, Mr Vinay Vyas looked after as his close friends.Arrangements for Sight seeing were also done very smoothly.its a house converted into a hotel, but worth staying.Even in the late night, food was arranged from a neighbourhood reaturant with a smile.

Room Tip: First go around the different rooms available and then select the room, more so room with a view.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 November 2012

Though its not a very big hotel but the rooms and the bathrooms are very neat and clean. Mr. Vinay, the owner, is undoubtedly a fantastic person, he is very understanding and extended his full cooperation as per our requirements. He picked up us from the railway station free of cost and as we were from Bengal, he arranged for a Bengali Guide for us to show us the spots and not only that, he himself accompanied us to some of the nearby spots. We really felt very homely during us stay there. I once again thank Mr. Vinay for his friendly approach and behavior.

S. Majumdar