“great hotel/restaurant in Jaisamer”

Hotel Pleasant Haveli
Ranked #4 of 106 Hotels in Jaisalmer
Reviewed 12 April 2014

if you're searching for a nice, clean, comfortable stay in Jaisalmer, the Pleasant haveli is the hotel to choose. Price is higher than other hotels, but the place is really worth it.
Rooms are big and clean, and the people there is kind and professional. All your needs are satisfied, as you can have free water bottles, or even if you need a special meal during the day, the guys in the kitchen have no problem to please the request.
AC, free WIFI, and a spectacular and relaxing rooftop restaurant make this hotel a great stay at just 5 minutes walk from the fort.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 422mariop

Reviewed 1 April 2014

A lovely hotel, new build in the style of a haveli, within 5-10 minutes walk of the fort. Our room was pristine, as was the bathroom. The manager, Krishna, was most helpful, phoning our driver for us to change plans. The view of the fort from the rooftop restaurant was superb, we had a lovely meal one evening and good breakfasts. Free water was a very welcome gesture.

Room Tip: Although the hotel was not in a noisy area we had a good room on ground floor at the back of the hot...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Chenille_11
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We had 2 fabulous night at Hotel Pleasant Haveli. There have been many positive reviews and I can only echo the sentiments.The staff were extremely accommodating and there were several nice touches that made a difference - complimentary water, free ironing service, lovely food on the roof terrace with fabulous views of the Fort, wi-fi and tastefully decorated spacious rooms.
We were there for Holi Festival and came back to the hotel covered in paint, after we had checked out and were given a room to shower and change before we left.
The location is excellent - only a few minutes stroll to the Fort.
I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Louiseoxf
Reviewed 24 March 2014

The Pleasant Haveli is a very nice and well located hotel with spotless rooms and all the "basics" - wifi, hot shower, etc. - working perfectly; however, where Hotel Pleasant Haveli stands out is with the service level its team provides which is beyond great. I could share several examples of their commitment to making you feel at home but the best one is probably the following; I am huge football fan and my club was playing a derby which was televised but not available on the hotel sets as they are equiped with cable and not satelitte. I told them of my problem and they called a few bars and restaurants - even offering to contact other hotels for me to move to! - to see if a viewing could be arranged for me. Eventually, they told me to go out, sightsee, enjoy the day, and not to worry as they will find a solution, promising me I would be able to watch the evening match, somewhere and somehow. I came back in the late afternoon to discover that they had gone out, bought, and installed a satelitte box and registered for this sport channel! I couldn't believe it and when I offered to pay something - anything - for this service they flat out refused. I got to watch the match, we won 6-0, and I ended up staying three nights at Pleasant Haveli instead of the initial one planned.

Finally, make sure you organize a Camel Safari with the Pleasant Haveli directly as they offer and organize tour for their guests exclusively. The guides are extremely knowledgeable and experienced and are able to recreate a four-day traditional camel safari in half-a-day. Also, seriously consider leaving the comfort of your hotel room to spend one night sleeping in the desert, under the stars - which I should have done.

Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here a couple of years ago and it was lovely to see the same friendly staff and service. Rooftop restaurant is great to just relax with a nice view of the fort and look at stars. Rooms are clean and comfortable and the showers are great. It is off the main area so it is fairly quiet which is nice. Wi fi is excellent. The hotel now offers a private camel safari - I highly recommend it. I went the first year with tourists and dancing and I had a terrible experience. This was informative and private and unique - enquire with them because we wish we stayed overnight in the desert. Thanks again for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 20 March 2014

My first reaction of seeing the hotel was 'this is not what I booked reading Tripadvisor reviews'. First of all its not a Haveli but a hotel that is build with traditional Jaisalmer stones and named a Haveli. But once you enter the hotel, you will feel at home. The team takes care of you and after a few hours, its like a family. Dont go for the ground floor rooms. They are adding another 3 rooms on the third level and will be operational later part of this year. So any one who plans to stay at this hotel after July 2014, ask for those rooms. You can see the amazing Jaisalmer fort from there. The rooftop restaurant is also excellent with great views of the fort and great food.

Room Tip: Ask for the 3rd floor rooms after July 2014
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 March 2014

We stayed here one night after returning from safari. The staff were very 'pleasant' and we stored our bags while away on safari. We had a ground floor room so no view or decent light nevertheless very nice. Would have preferred a room on 2nd floor.

Rooftop restaurant served up one of the best Dahl's on this trip. Food was excellent. Nice touch by staff making sure we always had water with our for our journey. Aother nice touch is that the main manager spoke brilliant English and gave good advise and offered us the wifi code on arrival - a travellers essential!

Nice relaxed atmosphere and brilliant location, we walked most places. and only needed car to get to fort.

Room Tip: Go for a room on the first or 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends