“Just Awesome...!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 103 Hotels in Jaisalmer
Bharuch, India
“Just Awesome...!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

I'm late to review this Hotel...but I can't forget my experience with this Hotel...We (Me & My Wife) stayed here in Dec. 2013 for 3 Nights...I booked pink room in this hotel on the basis of TripAdvisor reviews...After We reached to Jaisalmer...Mr. Krishna (Manager) arranged riksha for us...and as soon as we are in Hotel...and we start spending time here...we come to know the good nature of all staff...specially Mr Krishna (Who took care of us for all of the time we were there)...Hotel premises...specially terrace (For evening sitting..such a Romantic experience)...They arranged Camel safari for us...only we and other one couple was there...we enjoyed our time there...and dinner which was prepared by local people...We explored Jaisalmer and had very good time there...when we were leaving for railway station...Mr. Krishna dropped us with his car...I really appreciate him for his good service...We miss Pleasant Haveli and Jaisalmer.

Room Tip: Book rooms on First floor...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Pitt Meadows, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Everything about hotel was superb! Located outside of fort & close to restaurants and shops. Krishna, manager, & hotel staff were all excellent. Room was very clean & bed comfy for sleeping. Bathroom was big, clean, with excellent toilet & strong hot water pressure in shower. Excellent for the price we paid. Free flow bottled water, which is rare in India! Free wifi works well in room & rooftop eating area, which has an excellent view of surrounding area and fort! Highly recommend this hotel! We really enjoyed our stay because of Krishna - thank you!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
London UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

This is a great choice in Jaisalmer. Don't waste time researching further: if you're looking for an excellent mid-range hotel, you just found it.

My train from Bikaner was late - I reached Jaisalmer at about 1.00am - but Krishna was waiting for me as promised (other passengers from the same late train were left high and dry by their hoteliers) and I was whisked to the Pleasant Haveli in no time.

My comfortable room was cool and clean, if compact, and everything worked (always worth noting!).

The Haveli is in a quiet, relaxed part of town but little more than a 10 minute walk from the fort. The rooftop terraces are delightful with fine - if slightly distant - views of the fort, and the food is good and well-priced.

Krishna is worth his weight in gold - always helpful, always smiling. It's a measure of how much I enjoyed staying at the Pleasant Haveli that I felt my eyes fill with tears when the time came to say goodbye to him.

I'm guessing that means I'll be back...?

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank BackInLondon
Bruges, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Reaching Jaisalmer by train arriving at 11AM the first thing I do is looking for the sand
dunes in the horizons. Next thing: stretch my neck to search for the sandcastle. I think that’s the first instinct I have whenever I reach a
place known for something.

But
 I see no dunes, just some pre-desert. All I see are pale golden houses, havelis and more
 houses. Where are the dunes? Our train was early and we were a little worried about getting to our prebooked accommodation at Pleasant Haveli. As it turned out though, we needn’t have bothered worrying. Without arranging anything, we were greeted off the train by a man holding a sign with our names on it.

Still dazzled we allow ourselves to be lead to this man’s jeep, which took us to the hotel. Just a short ride.

One thing you should know about Jaisalmer: it’s HOT! 42-degrees! Thankfully though, it wasn’t humid so it was more bearable than you’d have thought.

Our hotel is in a good location right next to all the shops and only a 10 minute walk through a street with shops, to reach the main ‘sand castle’ fort!

We didn’t arrange arranged a camel safari through the hotel. But kind as the owners of Pleasant Havelli in Jaisalmer are, they offered to look after our bags while we were gone so no concern about talking luggage with us on the camel. We could even use the room we would be staying in upon returning from the camel safari.

I try to be a conscientious traveler and follow my Lonely Planet and Rough Guide which implores
tourists to refrain from staying in hotels built in the fort. So we choose this small hotel ‘Pleasant Haveli’.

The view from the rooftop terrace is amazing.We enjoyed the beauty of the landscape which was entirely dotted by windmills. These windmills are one of the latest developments in the area that provided electricity to the villages. The colour of the houses and the fort is very capturing: we are in the golden city.

I was really impressed with the level of service we got. So many good things have been written about this hotel, but even then it was hard to decide whether to stay in a hotel outside the fort or to opt for a hotel inside the fort. It will always stay a question if I made the right decision, but I do know this hotel is excellent with gorgeous views of the fort and I’m glad I made this choice.

It stand out as one of best hotel we've stayed at in all our travels, for value, hospitality and beauty.

Everything about the place is perfect, from the genuine welcome, the gorgeous tasteful décor, the comfort of the rooms with balcony, the friendliness and professionalism of the owners and the staff. All the guys who worked at Pleasant Haveli seemed genuinely intent on making sure we were comfortable and happy and that we enjoyed ourselves. I really can't recommend them highly enough. I had such a great time and was really impressed by them.

The owner seemed genuinely intent, yet not pushy, on making sure that we enjoy ourselves and that we have a good time. He is a really friendly guy who gave us a warm welcome and some free bottles of water each time we arrived back at the hotel.

Nothing is too much trouble. After being picked up from the train station the staff prepared us a delicious tali.

After being spoiled with attention in Castle Bera and didn't think any other hotel could top it, but the hospitality we experienced at the Pleasant Haveli will have us coming back for more … if we could!

The view from the roof terrace is stunning and I could sit there for ages watching the fort in the sun while enjoying some chai. Whilst my husband enjoyed the cool room and read his book.
All meals were freshly made and tasted good, overall well priced.

Breakfast is included and you can order whatever you want: just choose from the menu.

Our room was not as large as others we had on our trip, but the extra bed managed fine. My daughter slept in the balcony and had her own private little place, she absolutely loved it. The room was spotlessly clean and nicely decorated. The bathroom big enough was running cold and hot water, free towels. We had showers in the afternoons and evening and they were always powerful and hot. There was a flat screen TV in the room, but we didn't use it. The beds were really comfortable and clean sheets.
Location is good. Don’t mind the street running to the hotel, it’s the only downside.

Close to a few restaurants, shops, ATM etc and about a 10 minute walk from the fort entrance.
Wi fi was generally excellent and was available throughout the hotel including in our room and on the roof terrace. We took the opportunity to Skype with our parents and download a few newspapers.

We experienced a desert storm at night with RAIN, and I mean really rain. Alls street stood blank and the electricity fell out in the city. Luckely the hotel has it's own generator so we had ample light. Nevr tell me again that is doesn't rain in the desert!

Having breakfast with a view makes the start of our day very pleasant. Great views of the Golden Fort from up here including
the shimmering dunes in the far distance.

Would for sure choose this hotel again!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank like2travel2u
Goa Velha, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

Jaislmer is such a pretty place. Walking around the town can be an adventure. The hotel was nice, super service. Courteous but never over the top. Know when to leave the guest alone. The rooms were comfortable. The food was good especially the breakfast. The terrace restaurant was a delight . Lovely ambience and good food. Recommended hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank ShanayMehta
Aberdeenshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights in April.
It was a great place to stay.
It was a nice building, in a good situation with a nice walk through the town to the fort.
Most of all the staff were just great. Friendly without being pushy. It was great to be given free bottles of water all the time. The food was really good and we just had a great time and enjoyed the hotel and Jaisalmer very much.
We stayed in a different hotel the last time we visited Jaisalmer and Pleasant Haveli was much much better.
Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Quebec City, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

We enjoyed staying here. The staff were very, very friendly (without the annoying hustling for tips dynamic that we came across in other hotels). They seemed interested in their guests and were ready to share info and pleasantries. We got some great advice on visiting the town from the manager. The place itself is lovely, well-kept and close to the walled city.

The breakfast on the terrace was great too. That was a wonderful place to experience sunset.

Our only regret is that we took for granted that all the hotels we would stay at during our trip would be as nice and friendly.

What a great place