“Singh King”

Hotel Pleasant Haveli
Ranked #4 of 108 Hotels in Jaisalmer
Reviewed 4 July 2009

Fabulous place! I spent one month traveling/backpacking in Rajasthan and No. India and this was one of the best places I stayed - definitely the most affordable place I stayed given the superb level of comfort and cleanlines. Dilip is an excellent host - very welcoming and friendly. I recommend joining him for an evening drink on the rooftop to talk about local life and activities. Breakfast included in hotel price during high season. Fast free internet on site. Hot and Cold Water. A/C for hot season.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank megs20
Write a ReviewReviews (1,108)

Reviewed 3 June 2009

While on a recent trip to Jaisalmer, my girlfriend and I had the pleasure of staying at Hotel Pleasant Haveli. It was definitely a welcome respite from the heat outside. The owner, Dilip, is very friendly and helpful, even providing free mineral waters without asking and inviting us to share evening drinks with himself and friends on the rooftop at night. He was also very helpful with local tours and sightseeing ideas, and speaks excellent english. The hotel is very new, with 4 rooms currently and 2 more planned for the near future. The walls and floors are made of beautiful stone, with elegant common spaces and private rooms. The beds are very comfortable, and the AC was a necessity given the intense heat outside. In addition, the flatscreen television made watching Champions League match-ups possible. The hotel is located a 1 minute walk from Gandhi Chowk, the main market area of town with many good restaurants, and approx. 5 minute walk from the fort gate. It is a quiet area of town, allowing for very comfortable nights' rest. Free internet access in the lobby, within reason. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone, whether seeking budget accomodations or luxury.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tychis
Reviewed 28 May 2009

I traveled by train to Jaisalmer in the middle of the scorching Indian summer. I was happily greeted at the train station by a taxi sent by Hotel Pleasant Haveli. Everything from that moment on was perfect during my stay at this fine, family-run, small hotel. The room was very comfortable. The AC worked great. I was provided with lots of ice cold free bottled water. The owners even treated me to a hot snack upon my arrival. I can't say enough positive about my stay at the Hotel Pleasant Haveli. It was one of the highlights of my trip. Jaislamer was an incredible place to visit.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo
5  Thank onomataho
Reviewed 8 May 2009

This hotel is located close to the best parts of Jaisalmer, you don't walk far before you are in the the narrow streets and Markets. It's a 10 min walk to the Jaisalmer Fort, (check out the Italian Resturant just in side the main gate, best food in town) Dilip and Narendra are friendly and always ready to help. The rooms are big and have double beds in all but one.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank TripmanMelbourne
Reviewed 6 May 2009

I've spent 2 nights there; everthing was great, Narendra Singh and his staff are really professional and will give you very good advices for free !
As i was very sick they specially payed attention on me; I will warmly recommend them!
Joelle, from Paris

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Opheli_B
Reviewed 28 April 2009

I met the owner when he only had his internet cafe. He was just a cool guy - not trying to sell stuff and not trying to take advantage in any way. He and his uncle gave us a ride back to Udaipur and I got extremely ill. They were so kind and compassionate, I will never forget them.

You are really in good hands with Dilip. I recommend his hospitality highly.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank audigraph
Reviewed 27 April 2009

This was the most comfortable place I stayed at in my tour of Rajasthan and Varanasi.
To compare I stayed at Pearl Palace (Jaipur) which was also very good , Singh Haveli (Jodhpur), and Sita Gueshouse (Varanasi)

What was exceptional about Pleasant Haveli was :-

1. The superbly appointed rooms. Check out the photos and look at the quality of the finishings. Silk bedcovers !

2. The Air Con and Fan worked flawlessly when it was 44 deg outside. No problems with electricity or water.

3. The overall ambience of the accomodation. This was the best I saw.

4. The staff could not do enough to help me and would just give me a bottle of water if I looked hot ! These guys excel in customer service.

At first I thought I might be missing out by not being within the fort. Not true. Conveniently located to Sunset point it is also only a short and enjoyable walk to fort area. I would highly recommend Pleasant Haveli to any traveller.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo