Hotel Pleasant Haveli
Suryagarh(Jaisalmer)
US$383
US$71
Agoda.com
Hotel Shahi Palace(Jaisalmer)(Great Value!)
US$9
US$8
US$56
US$47
  • Breakfast included
Hotel The Royale Jaisalmer(Jaisalmer)(Great Value!)
US$11
US$86
US$73
Priceline
Hotel Star Haveli(Jaisalmer)(Great Value!)
US$8
  • Restaurant
Hotel Lalgarh Fort And Palace(Jaisalmer)(Great Value!)
US$28
Hotel Victoria(Jaisalmer)(Great Value!)
US$17
US$14
1,175 results
All reviewsrooftop restaurantmanager krishnacamel safaribottled watertrain stationpleasant stayjaisalmer fortgreat viewmin walkhot showerfree picksmall hotelhotel ownerchaidelicious foodthar desertgolden city
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 February 2011

This was physically the nicest hotel I stayed in india. Looks like it's been renovated recently. It's all marble and sandstone inside and out. Very clean. Walking distance to the tourist sites. The owner picked me up at the bus station, which was nice. They have a stunning rooftop restaurant/sitting area with great views of the fort. I had dinner there when I first arrived at night and the views of the fort at night were wonderful. They also gave me a great recommendation for lunch closeby, which turned out to be one of the best meals I had in india. The staff went above and beyond when I ran into transport difficulties. My train to delhi hadn't been confirmed and I was freaking out that I'd be stuck without transport. The staff booked me an overnight bus ticket, with the stipulation that if my train ticket panned out they'd take care of canceling my bus ticket for me (the bus left only 20mins after the train, so it would have been difficult to do myself). They worked it all out with the tuk-tuk driver, who came into the train station with me to help me navigate the train situation, then he called the hotel once we confirmed my train was ok. If you've experienced the chaos of a typical bus stand, you'll appreciate how helpful it was to have the hotel staff do all this coordinating for me. And they did all this without taking any commission on the bus ticket. They also let me hang out in one of the rooms for a few hours, after checkout, before my train was supposed to leave. These guys were great.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 February 2011

The hotel was clean and the owner very friendly. Most important, the internet at the hotel was fast and free. The hotel is located outside of the fort which is preferable for sustainability reasons.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 January 2011

Very welcoming hosts, clean nicely decorated rooms with great shower. Good quiet location with large comfortable roof terrace (though think the owners are probably missing a trick by not advertising it more to non guests as it is a great place for a beer overlooking the fort!). The only small downside was that (v attractive) stained glass in the windows and doors meant that light from the hallway came in which was a bit distracting on the non camel safari mornings when you were after a lie in! That said, pleasant haveli was a great place to spend 3 nights.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 January 2011

Owned and run by Dilip, I cannot rate this place highly enough. From the intricately carved sandstone walls to the duplex roof terrace, this place really is a gem. After a hectic week touring Delhi, Varanasi, Agra & Jaipur, this was the perfect place to chill and see Jaisamer before heading down to Goa. The staff are attentative but not overpowering, with Dilip being present himself the majority of the time. The roof terrace with views of the fort is amazing with large cushioned stone carved seating areas on which to laze about, as well as an adequate restaurant with covered dining area for when it gets too hot or chilly. The rooms are all individual and beautifully themed, with outstanding wet rooms and powerful showers. It truly is a credit to Dilip & his staff and I hope it continued this way. Despite seeing all we wanted to see in and around Jaisalmer, if ever we were in India again, we would return just to experience the serenity of this place again!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2011

We stayed in November 2010 at the Pleasant Haveli. The rooms are very comfortable and clean, with hot water.Nice breakfast on the rooftop,with a beautiful few to the Jaisalmer Fort.
The stuff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends