“Construction site!”

Ranked #12 of 103 Hotels in Jaisalmer
here&there
“Construction site!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2012

Imagine our shock when we turned up after a long and tiring drive to find the hotel still under renovation! The first 2 floors were being completely refurbed and the room we had booked had no curtains and barely any furniture!

The proprietors upgraded us to a decent room and as long as you kept the curtains drawn and AC on, you could just about forget you were on a construction site!

Nothing special about this place except that it's cheap and ok for a night.

Room Tip: Ask for the deluxe rooms on the 3rd floor
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mambofiti

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Korean first
Valmiera, Latvia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012

Myself and my boyfriend went to visit this wonderful town. Issack (as I understood the manager) helped us a lot. We went to see around during the night and he impressed us with his stories about this small town and Indian culture.
We were OK with hotel room, only bathroom could be better, at the very beginning I was afraid to go in :D But with one eye I so other rooms, they were very beautiful and nice, so ask for those ones!
If you visit this hotel, I suggest not to look for food place around, the best one is up to the roof. They will cook so delicious food. And do not forget to take chocolate-banana lassi ^_^
We arrived very late, but still we got Issack who picked us up from the bus station. Also roof was open for food. Nice place, nice people. There I felt like more then only a guest :)

Thanks a lot!

Room Tip: Do not forget to ask for AC in the room.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Sofia, Grad Sofiya, Bulgaria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012

I went in Jaisalmer twice this year - first time with my family and second time - with my friends. It was really nice experience and thanks to the people running this hotel I could see and enjoy Jaisalmer in the fullest. First of all, these people are wonderful! They will help you about everything and make sure you'll be happy at the end of your stay. They propose you an amazing trip in the desert, one that you cannot simply refuse - they plan everything for you and you only enjoy the trip, the sunset in the desert, the dances at night in the camp, the food. Everything is really nice. You can ask them for any favor, they will gladly help you - they searched with me at night a musician, from whom I wanted to buy a musical instrument. They can give you a ride from and to the train station, they do literally everything they could do for you.
The hotel itself is a really nice play to stay - big and comfortable rooms, clean and nice for sleep after a long and tiring day in this city. The restaurant on the top of the hotel serve tasty food, cooked with a lot of love. From there, while enjoying your diner, you can watch the sunset or the fort.

I have precious memories in Jaisalmer thanks to my friends in Haveli Hotel and I will go again there for sure, and I would recommend to anyone, who is planning to go there - go to Haveli Hotel, you will be beyond happy afterwards!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012 via mobile

I've been stayed there about one week.
They do their best for me and guest.
Every day i've talked with barkat who is manager there.
And i had free tea and coffee :)
He is also nice & friendly.
I like jaisalmer because of this hotel.
They gave me good memories of india.
I've learned how to ride motorbike from barkat.
If i have any chance to go there i would like to visit in jaisalmer again.
I miss barkat and issac.
Don't think too much.
You must visit :)
They will give u good memories!!
And don't miss to eat something in the rooftop resturant.
I had butter chickin. It was the best!!

• Stayed May 2012
Ljubljana, Slovenia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

i felt very comfortable at hotel haveli. the family who owns the hotel are very friendly and helpful people. we talked a lot and i enjoyed their company:) i loved the relaxed atmosphere of the place, all the chai we drank and all the tasty food we had at the rooftop restaurant:)
i am glad i decided to stay at hotel haveli and whenever i come back to jaisalmer i will stay there again!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

I visited this nice hotel and I had a lovely time, the owner is really helpful, we had the chance to know him and he is a wonderful person, he picked us up in the train station and help us to check some train and bus reservations.
He offred rides to the center and organise an excursion to a Ghost city nearby, where we saw nice temples.
The staff is helpful, the place is clean and cute and the terrace is a plus. I would definitely come back to that place!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2012

I stayed at Hotel Haveli twice, each time for 4-7 days, and enjoyed myself both times. This was before they had roof top dining! Issack, the owner, is a gracious host (as you will read from many of the reviews), and you can learn a lot just by taking the time to sit and chat with him. The rates are very reasonable, and the hotel is clean. Hot water was dependable, and the desert tours are well organized. I have a favorite room there...at the time, it was the best room. I don't know the official number of the room...try..."S" room. :-)

Room Tip: My favorite is the first room on the right when you go upstairs. It has A.C. and a sweet vibe.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo