“Highly Recommended, Great Atmosphere”
Review of Haveli Hotel

Haveli Hotel
Ranked #14 of 105 Hotels in Jaisalmer
Houston, Texas
“Highly Recommended, Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I loved my stay at Hotel Haveli. I stayed way longer than I had intended to because I had such a nice time there.

The second night I was there, I went on a very reasonably priced non-touristic camel safari arranged by Issack and it was exactly what I had wanted. A quiet trek through the desert on camel back, arriving at the dunes and watching the sunset, followed by dinner and conversation, and a very comfortable sleep under a ridiculously star-filled sky. The hotel let me keep my things in my room while I was gone on the safari so I didn't need to pack and unpack when I returned which was nice.

The hotel is very close to everything you would want to see in Jaisalmer. Issack made me a map so I could find my way around the city. My room in the hotel was very clean and a good size. The bathroom was huge which was rare on my trip all over India. Whenever I needed something cleaned or something from the market, one of the workers would take care of it for me. They were extremely helpful! The food from the rooftop restaurant is good and priced fairly too.

The atmosphere of the hotel is so relaxed and comfortable, I couldn't help but want to stay longer. I often found myself on the roof just taking in the amazing views and the desert breeze (and dance in the occasional rainstorm!) Issack and Barkat were excellent conversationalists and we spent a lot of time talking and sharing our knowledge, culture, and jokes with each other. I would definitely return if I find myself back in India.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Korean first
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 7 July 2013

It was a 4 am as we reached Jaisalmer and as we talked to Mr. Barkat Ali we quickly found a place to retire! After a refreshing nap as we woke up to our surprise Mr. Barkat had already planned the safari for us. We had a quick visit to the Fort which truely was deserted as the season was off but yes it was good to see the life there as there were not much tourists there. We were taken to Sam Dunes at evening. enjoyed the safari night stay at the camps in the dunes. And reached back to Hotel Haveli the next day morning. Mr. Barkat arranged for us a room to refresh and yes that was complimentary ... and then he took us to the market and helped us shopping. he treated us with a must try Mango Shake All Thanks to Mr. Barkat. I would be back Soon!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank AMajid
Jaipur
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We had booked this hotel for New Years (ones I wanted to book were sold out) but could not travel due to a family issue. Owner of the Hotel Mr. Issac is very understanding and accommodating and he let us postpone out stay on same rates. Mr. Issac guides you well on exploring city and where to go shopping for authentic stuff.

We did not take their tent accommodation so no idea on that but the hotel stay in Jaisalmer wasn't pleasant at all. Bathrooms are dirty, taps/shower doesn't work, no shower curtains on bathtubs, blocked drains... it just stinks!

Rooms are decorated/done in a traditional haveli style but somehow the locality and bathrooms are a big turn off.

Hotel is accompanied by a local garage with open drains...

However its very close to the main road and has easy access to markets. Auto rickshaws are readily available.

Room Tip: Go for upper level rooms. Never for ground floor ones.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank KeepTravellingInLife
New Delhi, Delhi, India
Reviewed 4 July 2013

all the facilities at an affordable price, plus camel safari and night camping was just awesome :D
It was a wonderful experience specially because of Mr. Barkat Ali Khan who even helped us in shopping :)

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kashifbinahmed
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 3 May 2013

Great locality, nice environment and most important awesome people.
Everyone very helpful and knowledgeable about the surrounds, can give you all the good tips to make your trip perfect.
I went for a Camel Safari and had one of the best time. You can feel home at the hotel and friends with all.

Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Reviewed 2 May 2013

We stayed a total of 5 nights in the Haveli Hotel in Jaisalmer and we had a very pleasant stay. It was low season, so there were not many guests and the hotel room was pretty cheap (250 Rs).
The manager was very nice and helpful and organised free pick up service from the train station which was really good to avoid the touts.
The room was clean, with a small attached bathroom.
Free Wifi was available.
As they were not many guests, the food in the rooftop restaurant took a while to be prepared but was excellent.
In 5 minutes walk, we could reached the fort and everything else. location is pretty good but still quite.

The manager also organised a camel safari for us which was excellent.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Oulu
Reviewed 19 April 2013

Haveli Hotel is beautiful place to rest and its rooftop restaurant is superb place to hang out. Staff is helpful and the owners very easy-going and kind people. You feel more like staying in a someone's home rather in hotel as it's very laid-back. It's also very well located outside the hustle and bustle of Jaisalmer's center but still close enough to enjoy the town fully.