“Great people. Excellent food.”
Review of Haveli Hotel

Haveli Hotel
Ranked #17 of 108 Hotels in Jaisalmer
Reviewed 29 July 2013

It is a reasonable hotel but the selling point is the great service and the fantastic owners. They weren't pushy with the camel safari at all. Very generous people. The food was so great! Just give them plenty of notice for cooking but trust me it is worth it!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 July 2013

I was there once more and it was a very good return. Such a not expensive and relaxed place where I always feel at home.I took my breakfast at the rooftop and I could see there the rising sun.The room was clean and they helped me with information and everything I needed. All the staff is very kind .This time i didn't the safari camel but I had good talks and a great time in Jaisalmer.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I stayed in Haveli Hotel for three nights during July 10-13.
It's not really far from downtown, but really quite in the night.
In haveli hotel, you can totally relax.
The owner can also arrange some tour and tickets for you.
I join the camel safari, it was really nice.
The staff in hotel are very friendly.
You will feel like home in havel hotel.
If you have any request, just ask the staff or owner.
They will be really happy to solve problem for you.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I loved my stay at Hotel Haveli. I stayed way longer than I had intended to because I had such a nice time there.

The second night I was there, I went on a very reasonably priced non-touristic camel safari arranged by Issack and it was exactly what I had wanted. A quiet trek through the desert on camel back, arriving at the dunes and watching the sunset, followed by dinner and conversation, and a very comfortable sleep under a ridiculously star-filled sky. The hotel let me keep my things in my room while I was gone on the safari so I didn't need to pack and unpack when I returned which was nice.

The hotel is very close to everything you would want to see in Jaisalmer. Issack made me a map so I could find my way around the city. My room in the hotel was very clean and a good size. The bathroom was huge which was rare on my trip all over India. Whenever I needed something cleaned or something from the market, one of the workers would take care of it for me. They were extremely helpful! The food from the rooftop restaurant is good and priced fairly too.

The atmosphere of the hotel is so relaxed and comfortable, I couldn't help but want to stay longer. I often found myself on the roof just taking in the amazing views and the desert breeze (and dance in the occasional rainstorm!) Issack and Barkat were excellent conversationalists and we spent a lot of time talking and sharing our knowledge, culture, and jokes with each other. I would definitely return if I find myself back in India.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 July 2013

It was a 4 am as we reached Jaisalmer and as we talked to Mr. Barkat Ali we quickly found a place to retire! After a refreshing nap as we woke up to our surprise Mr. Barkat had already planned the safari for us. We had a quick visit to the Fort which truely was deserted as the season was off but yes it was good to see the life there as there were not much tourists there. We were taken to Sam Dunes at evening. enjoyed the safari night stay at the camps in the dunes. And reached back to Hotel Haveli the next day morning. Mr. Barkat arranged for us a room to refresh and yes that was complimentary ... and then he took us to the market and helped us shopping. he treated us with a must try Mango Shake All Thanks to Mr. Barkat. I would be back Soon!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank AMajid
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We had booked this hotel for New Years (ones I wanted to book were sold out) but could not travel due to a family issue. Owner of the Hotel Mr. Issac is very understanding and accommodating and he let us postpone out stay on same rates. Mr. Issac guides you well on exploring city and where to go shopping for authentic stuff.

We did not take their tent accommodation so no idea on that but the hotel stay in Jaisalmer wasn't pleasant at all. Bathrooms are dirty, taps/shower doesn't work, no shower curtains on bathtubs, blocked drains... it just stinks!

Rooms are decorated/done in a traditional haveli style but somehow the locality and bathrooms are a big turn off.

Hotel is accompanied by a local garage with open drains...

However its very close to the main road and has easy access to markets. Auto rickshaws are readily available.

Room Tip: Go for upper level rooms. Never for ground floor ones.