“So welcoming!”

Ranked #18 of 105 Hotels in Jaisalmer
Kent
“So welcoming!”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

This is a great hotel! Even before we arrived we were corresponding with the owner, Sunny - who is so friendly and helpful. The hotel is in a great location, the rooms are clean and the WiFi is good too. The rooftop restaurant serves great food and the staff up there are so nice! They can't do enough for you and you. Like all the hotels here, they have their own camel safari. But they absolutely do not pressure you to do it with them. We did anyway, and it was brilliant! Not expensive and we really liked our guide, Pircass ( definitely spelt wrong - apologies!!) He was friendly, humble and couldn't do eno
likes Bob Marley. I would highly recommend asking for him as a guide!all in all, a great hotel run by honest and friendly people.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Alice G

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I think this is my second review, I felt compelled to write one!!!

What can I say? We loved it here. It's extremely good value for money and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

Our plan was to head to Jaisalmer and head onwards to Kurhi to have a camel safari. We ended up staying here for week. Myself and my girlfriend are on a budget so it was important to get as much value for our money as we could. The rooms are large, clean and comfortable. Great value for 550 rupees. Don't expect the Taj Mahal for that price!! It's located on a quiet street and has plenty nearby (2 ATMs within 2-3 minute walk, shops etc).

For us food is important. We like to venture out and eat when we can but we ate on the roof terrace every single day and night. The chef is amazing. Everything is reasonably priced at 90-120 per dinner dish (€1.10-1.40). Dishes are large and they are made up quickly.

We did a camel safari with Hotel Renuka for 2.5 days having ditched our plan to go to Khuri. We were sceptical of going initially because there is nothing on trip advisor (Renuka told us that they have tried fruitlessly to get a listing). Anyway, we went with our gut and booked. We left early the first day, stayed 2 nights, and returned lunch time the last day. I have no other safaris to compare it to but it was out of this world. It cost us 2300 rupees (shy of 30 euro each) for everything. Transport to and from the start and end point (40km each way), our guides and food. We had two guides called 'Del Boy' and Maddel. If I started talking about them, I'd write too much. Suffice it to say that they genuinely lovely and it made the trip memorable. The food was delicious and there was more than enough to eat. We had comfy sleeping arrangements too. The camels are well kept and behaved. Also, the first dune we went to was empty, not another tourist in sight. The second night had tourists there but we still had out own dune. There was plenty to go around. Other operators, from what I have read, use more popular dunes so they could be crowded. I recommend Renuka 100%.

Finally, the owner Sunny and his brother are fantastic hosts. Sunny made us feel at home and was so helpful with every single need we had. This doesn't go for Sunny alone, all the staff are friendly, smiley and helpful. I think the owners and staff of hotels, or home stays, make or break your experience. Sunny and his staff tick every box. I can see why they have return custom.

Other things to note: Fast internet. It is in all the front rooms but not the back for some reason (we stayed in the front for 2 nights and the back after the camel safari). Not a problem as the roof terrace and public areas have it.

Room Tip: Chose front rooms for good internet.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank oisinob
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We stayed two nights in Hotel Renuka. It was superb .. amazing. Hotel manager was really helpful and arranged a desert trip in so cheap that I couldn't believe. Rooms are spacious and clean. View of the fort from roof top resturent is breath taking both in day and night. Would like to come back again and suggesting everybody to book only here if you are looking for room in Jaisalmer :)

Room Tip: Please request for the front room with two balcony in first floor.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mr_Tapas_Das
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Renuka Hotel for one night after being on a camel trek in Jaisalmer. The people working there were hospitable, and the rooms comfortable, especially given what we paid! We ate 3 meals at the rooftop restaurant and enjoyed the leisurely pace. The stuffed tomato was amazing, and the chocolate banana pancake was also delicious. Would highly recommend this for budget travelers, the hot water was also much appreciated!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Carolyn G
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I had a great stay at Renuka - location was fantastic, walking distance to everything but not right in the middle of all the chaos. The room was comfortable, the hot water was plentiful. They were super helpful about organizing a day trip around the area. And the food at the restaurant was great. I will always stay at Renuka whenever I return to Jaisalmer.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Alec B
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 January 2014

This was the first of 16 hotels we stayed in during our visit. It wasn't the biggest, poshest or best equipped but it's certainly the one I remember most fondly. Our room was simple, quiet and clean and good value for money. Extra blankets were provided on cold nights without us having to ask. The staff are incredibly helpful and friendly (especially smiling Amin - I thought you'd like another mention :o) ). The food was delicious and the rooftop restaurant, with lovely views of the fort, was snug, welcoming and a great place to meet and chat to other guests/travellers. I very much hope I have the opportunity to stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I had such a great time at Hotel Renuka! Free pick up from the train station at half 5 in the morning, and had a morning chai and omlette with Amin! Went to sleep for a few hours and then decided to go on a camel safari but as I was only in Jaisalmer for 1 night I would just spend the night in the desert. The hotel didn't charge me for the room just for the safari....and it was so much fun! Our guide Prakash was great, and the dunes we slept at weren't that touristy. Overall, loved this hotel and all the staff... if you go say hi to Amin, he's great!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo