“good people”

and 1 more site!
Renuka Hotel
Ranked #17 of 106 Hotels in Jaisalmer
Reviewed 24 July 2014

lthough the room we stayed in was a little bit dank and sparsely decorated, it was really clean and spacious. The owner of Renuka is a really helpful genuine guy, he arranged an amazing non touristy camel trek for us, and gave me really good advice as I was really ill when I arrived. The restaurant is cheap and has a brilliant view of the fort, and the hostel is located close to everthing. Excellent.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 April 2014

We had a good stay at this hotel. If you talk to the people, you will get all help you need (including hot water, but talk to the people, if you need hot water on a specific time:)). Everything was nice and everybody was really friendly. We also enjoyed the food in the restaurant with funny staff.
The camel safari was probably not the cheapest in the town, but it was really a good safari, with funny camels and a friendly guide. It was really a nice experience

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank whoever_ch
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Quiet, clean, fairly simple, very friendly and comfortable place. I'd booked on hostelbookers and been in touch with the hotel by email. The free ride from the bus stand to the hotel worked perfectly.
I was given a large airy room at the front and there was minimal noise at night.
The place is run with great confidence, but the family atmosphere is there all the time and the mix is just right. When it came time to settle up, I was more or less left to work out the figures and pay the balance. I was told I could use the computer any time I wanted provided I gave others a chance after an hour - very sensible and generous and unusual for India. Recommended, definately
I actually didn't care too much for Jaisalmer, because of the emphasis on tourism, though I'm glad I went. The "sand dunes" and camel rides are just a bit of froth, really, but it's interesting to watch Indians on holiday letting their hair down

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 March 2014

The stay in hotel Renuka booked through cleartrip was very comfortable along with its charges, facilities and behavior of hotel staff. Whenever we will go there we will certainly stay there. Hardatta Mishra Lucknow.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We stayed a few nights. The rooms are reasonably clean and reasonable good value. Staff is friendly, especially in the rooftop restaurant that serves cheap, tasty food, has wifi and good views of the fort, a short walk away. We also organised our camel safari here and had a great time with our guide 'Del Boy' who sang folk and religious songs in the evening, cooked good food and woke us up with tea. He was also great fun and worth asking for him if you do a safari. I booked ahead and got picked up with no problems from the train station, avoiding hassle from touts.

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Samuel_Dixon
Reviewed 7 March 2014

This is a great hotel! Even before we arrived we were corresponding with the owner, Sunny - who is so friendly and helpful. The hotel is in a great location, the rooms are clean and the WiFi is good too. The rooftop restaurant serves great food and the staff up there are so nice! They can't do enough for you and you. Like all the hotels here, they have their own camel safari. But they absolutely do not pressure you to do it with them. We did anyway, and it was brilliant! Not expensive and we really liked our guide, Pircass ( definitely spelt wrong - apologies!!) He was friendly, humble and couldn't do eno
likes Bob Marley. I would highly recommend asking for him as a guide!all in all, a great hotel run by honest and friendly people.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Alice G
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I think this is my second review, I felt compelled to write one!!!

What can I say? We loved it here. It's extremely good value for money and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

Our plan was to head to Jaisalmer and head onwards to Kurhi to have a camel safari. We ended up staying here for week. Myself and my girlfriend are on a budget so it was important to get as much value for our money as we could. The rooms are large, clean and comfortable. Great value for 550 rupees. Don't expect the Taj Mahal for that price!! It's located on a quiet street and has plenty nearby (2 ATMs within 2-3 minute walk, shops etc).

For us food is important. We like to venture out and eat when we can but we ate on the roof terrace every single day and night. The chef is amazing. Everything is reasonably priced at 90-120 per dinner dish (€1.10-1.40). Dishes are large and they are made up quickly.

We did a camel safari with Hotel Renuka for 2.5 days having ditched our plan to go to Khuri. We were sceptical of going initially because there is nothing on trip advisor (Renuka told us that they have tried fruitlessly to get a listing). Anyway, we went with our gut and booked. We left early the first day, stayed 2 nights, and returned lunch time the last day. I have no other safaris to compare it to but it was out of this world. It cost us 2300 rupees (shy of 30 euro each) for everything. Transport to and from the start and end point (40km each way), our guides and food. We had two guides called 'Del Boy' and Maddel. If I started talking about them, I'd write too much. Suffice it to say that they genuinely lovely and it made the trip memorable. The food was delicious and there was more than enough to eat. We had comfy sleeping arrangements too. The camels are well kept and behaved. Also, the first dune we went to was empty, not another tourist in sight. The second night had tourists there but we still had out own dune. There was plenty to go around. Other operators, from what I have read, use more popular dunes so they could be crowded. I recommend Renuka 100%.

Finally, the owner Sunny and his brother are fantastic hosts. Sunny made us feel at home and was so helpful with every single need we had. This doesn't go for Sunny alone, all the staff are friendly, smiley and helpful. I think the owners and staff of hotels, or home stays, make or break your experience. Sunny and his staff tick every box. I can see why they have return custom.

Other things to note: Fast internet. It is in all the front rooms but not the back for some reason (we stayed in the front for 2 nights and the back after the camel safari). Not a problem as the roof terrace and public areas have it.

Room Tip: Chose front rooms for good internet.