All reviews the owner rooftop restaurant great view train station chai hot water desert safari nice rooftop place to stay beautiful hotel his brother jaisalmer fort amazing place his team rooms are clean amazing experience sand dunes
Reviewed 7 April 2016

Pol Haveli is more than just a place to stay. It is a vibrant home away from home with awesome staff and the owner Manu really goes the extra mile to ensure that your Jaisalmer experience is amazing, including arranging your desert tours, pick ups and drop offs to the station or ongoing travel/
I look forward to my return to Jaisalmer and the many friends that I have referred there have all had amazing experiences. I highly recommend you stay here

Room Tip: Ask Manu to give you his best room - they are all great
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 April 2016 via mobile

Pol Haveli has everything you could want from a hotel. The staff are very friendly and attentive. They instantly make you feel at home and are always available to assist you in any way possible. I would particularly like to mention the kindness and hard work of Surya and Khan. They made our stay absolutely wonderful. The food and the hospitality they showed us was phenomenal. Khan's thali was the best meal I had in the entire month I was in India. They were very welcoming when we asked to see what was happening in the kitchen. Another great thing about Pol Haveli is it is located outside of the fort, so you can relax away from the noise and the traffic whilst having a great view and only being a short walk from the fort.

I cannot recommend this place enough to all types of travellers from families to those by themselves. Well done guys!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 March 2016 via mobile

This was the first time I was in a hotel, where they didn't even ask for my ID proof and didn't register my name in their record. Sounds pretty illegal . Their standard of service and hospitality was "ok ok " type. They seemed more busy and more interested in treating their foreign guests well. They were mingling so much with their foreign guests in their restaurant area that on the arrival day it was difficult for me to make out whether it's hotel staff or some Indian relatives of this European lady! Anyway, we didn't mind this friendship. But somehow we felt it was affecting their service to us and paying less attention to Indian family like us. Coming to food.... Some items were ok and some were excellent. Thanks to cook Khan for delicious special thali. I found food slightly expensive. We were in suit room and it was superb for price we paid. Spacious and with all facilities. Three stars I have given for the room itself. Overall, if you're non Indian and looking for some great time with "new friends", this is the place for you. But I don't recommend this to Indian families. Better hotels with good service available nearby.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Pragnesh N
Reviewed 16 March 2016 via mobile

Our stay at Hotel Pol Haveli couldn't have been more perfect. Everything about it - the owner Manu, and all the staff especially Sourya and Khan were so welcoming that you feel like family. The rooms are very comfortable with hot water all day and the best bed we've had in India! There is a rooftop restaurant which not only serves the best food (which Khan can teach you how to cook) but also offers a great place to socialise with other travellers. We felt so at home at Hotel Pol Haveli that we didn't want to leave. Also they offer great overnight camel safari trips which we did and it didn't disappoint. We will definitely come back here when we return to Jaisalmer. Couldn't recommend this place more highly.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2016

stayed here many times....
for good reason.. not very expensive ,lots of character, clean friendly and fabulous roof top with a great view and garden. the rooms vary, but i have stayed in a few now. larger family rooms and smaller back packer rooms too.

Stayed: December 2015