“Building atm but come Sept this will be a beautiful hotel.”

Hotel Golden Haveli
Ranked #73 of 106 Hotels in Jaisalmer
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I am writting this review considering the hotel will not be under building extension in the next few months. I am doing this because i have noticed a few bad reviews regarding the building work. I would like to mention at this point the hotel cost is heavily cut, I and my friend would not have been able to stay in this hotel if we had to pay full price and we are happy to accept building work going on. it would be unreasonable while prices are slashed to not accept such things.

When the building will be finished this will be a beautiful hotel in stunning standstone. The owner really has not spared any expense. the location is a little far out from the fort compared to some buts only a 15 minute walk or a 50 pence tuk tuk. I really like the location as its much more peaceful compared the around the fort and it has a very large swimming pool - something most hotels around/inside the fort doesnt have.

all in all i feel the hotel will be stunning, the location is not to far out and the owner and staff are friendly have accommodating.

P.S for those who are on a bit of a budget or want to try a real local restaurant there is one within 5 minutes walking distance, follow the road to the main fort road and take a left its 20 meters down - the place is very basic but the food is great and super cheap.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank JosephOconnor

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We recently stayed in this hotel and had an awful experience. It was a building site with the builders using the pool to clean themselves!! We were the only guests. When we asked where breakfast was going to be served they said it would be in our room! When we complained they offered to clean an area in the restaurant despite it being a building site!!!! We didn't bother. We ate out. Luckily we were only there two nights. We complained to the manager who refunded us for 1 night plus our food. We shouldn't have paid anything!!!! It might be nice once it is completed but they really should not have accepted bookings when all this work was going on.

Room Tip: We have travelled all over India and this was definitely the worse place we have stayed in.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank JulieLancashire50
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We liked hotel's friendly Staff and location. The room was clean and very spacious fitted with AC.

The owner Mr Gazi Khan and the manager Mr Suraj at the front desk and other staff were very courteous. The hotel is located just away from city noise, but within easy reach to city and attractions. Our return train was in the evening, but we were allowed late checkout.

We liked the roof top restaurant which is pure vegetarian. They can cook anything for you even if it is not in their menu. We liked the Jaisalmer views from the roof top.
When we reached hotel, a new swimming pool was under construction in its final stage of completion.

I highly recommend this Hotel for couples, families and Groups.

We visited Jaisalmer in Nov 2012 and it is late, however, this review may help the tourists.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2014

This hotel is well located a short walk from Jaisalmer Fort or a tut tut ride, which the hotel is happy to organise for you.
With wifi and laundry available and even a swimming pool.
There was some building work happening whilst we were there and although noisey during the day it did not start too early or go on into the evening so not too disturbing.
The restaurant is located on the top floor, watch you don't bang your head when going up to it! The food is fine but the service slow.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Hotel is good. It is around 1KM from fort and has calm surroundings. Rooms are spacious unlike other hotels around fort. Some part of it is under construction. staff is good and responsive. Worth staying!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
Reviewed 20 February 2014

When we entered, we didn't like the location of the hotel. It's tucked into the back lanes of a mosque where there are no proper street lights. But then the rooms were spacious and clean, so we thought it was good value for money. Until the drama started.
We got a call from the reception announcing that a man wanted to demonstrate something regarding the desert safari. We had booked the hotel by phone and were informed that the desert safari was included within the Rs. 4000 package for a single night's stay. We thought it was really nice of them to inform us about everything beforehand so we asked the man - who said his name was Bhai Khan - to come inside our room and demonstrate.
Bhai Khan soon clarified that the desert safari would be charged separately - which was the first jolt. However, we agreed to go for the desert safari for a price of Rs 10200 for three people including a city tour of Jaisalmer early the next day. When we requested him if he could book tickets for us from Jaisalmer to Jodhpur, Bhai Khan agreed and asked for Rs 1200 (Rs 400 per head) for the tickets.
The next day, neither Bhai Khan nor any of his men arrived until almost noon. When we questioned the hotel staff about this, they said that they had nothing to do with Bhai Khan because, apparently, he is an independent agent. They didn't say why neither the hotel nor Bhai Khan himself clarified that they worked independently before we paid him for the desert safari. The Golden Haveli staff ignored our questions when we asked why they gave access to touts like Bhai Khan within the hotel premises.
Anyway, our desert safari went on quite uneventfully. We had got our bus tickets (for Rs 1200) for our trip from Jaisalmer to Jodhpur at 10 AM the next day. When we reached the bus stop, we were informed by the people there that Swagat Travels (the bus for which Bhai Khan had booked our tickets) had no bus departing at 10 AM and that we had to wait for the 11 AM bus. When this bus arrived, we saw it was a ramshackle non-AC bus - whereas for Rs 400 per head, we thought we were going to get an AC bus or a volvo. Concerned, we asked some fellow passengers about the fare from Jaisalmer to Jodhpur and they said it was Rs 180. Clearly, Bhai Khan had cheated us of more than Rs 600. When we called him up, he disconnected the call several times. On calling from another phone, he spoke with me, and said he was only charging a commission. When I warned him that I will lodge a police complaint against him and Swagat Travels if they didn't refund our money, the people associated with the bus began to pressurize him - and finally the bus conductor paid us back Rs 600.
I have reasons to believe that the Golden Haveli supports and encourages fraudsters like Bhai Khan. It's a nightmare for tourists. I have no idea how much they've fleeced us for the safari and food, but one thing's for sure - I will never visit this hotel ever.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Sampurna2014
Gazi K, Owner at Hotel Golden Haveli, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

I very much apologise for what has happened one of my managers employed an outside person to organise the safari and this is the outcome. I have fired the manager concerned and we will not be using any outside people in our hotel again.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

I stayed along with my friends and no words to describe the kind of fun I had there and they stay. We stayed in teh suite rooms and enjoyed each and every minute there. I really miss the entire team and the hotel when ever i travel now. I do not know whether this can be possible in hotels. I really enjoyed my stay.

Quality rooms, Well cooked foods. I prepared my own food too which they allowed me. Swimming and amazing staffs. Hats off to the management who maintain this resort and staffs. The building was so sexy with yellow stones and the rooms were cool and calm. And their Manager helped me in every aspect they can.

Room Tip: Ask for anything possible they will try to do it to the most.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends