“Peace and tranquility”
Review of Gorbandh Palace

Gorbandh Palace
Ranked #31 of 108 Hotels in Jaisalmer
Reviewed 21 April 2014

A little out of town but worth it. Great swimming pool and spa. Excellent shop to buy scarves, throws etc. staff were extremely helpful always particularly when my partner twisted her ankle. They provided ice and a wheelchair and kept asking how she was. Highly recommend a stay here.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
HRHhotels, Guest Relations Manager at Gorbandh Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Robert D,

Greetings from Gorbandh Palace, Jaisalmer

Thank you very much for your kind words expressing and sharing your experiences at our hotel - it's ambiance, location, the services and our staffs attentiveness.
We are delighted to know that you had an enjoyable and memorable stay at our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back at our hotels soon and create another memorable journey for you.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We are total India novices and have been thrilled by our trip thus far. The highlight of staying in Jailsalmer has been our stay at the Gorbandh Palace. From our delightful welcome to our excellent room we have been very pleased. The restaurant deserves a particular mention. Fantastic service and an amazing chef, don't go anywhere else to eat in this town! Excellent spa too. Throughly recommend this place.

Room Tip: We didn't have any qualms about accepting our first room as it was excellent.j
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Anuranjan kumar s,

Greetings from Gorbandh Palace, Jaisalmer

It is our pleasure to have served you on your maiden trip to India. We thank you for your special mentions of the chef, restaurant, spa and service. We are thankful to you to for choosing Gorbandh Palace, Jaisalmer and your kind words on TripAdvisor.

We look forward to welcoming you back at our hotels soon and create yet another memorable journey for you.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Hotel was nice, but one of the very worst services I have faced in my whole trip. I have booked all my hotels through expedia and all hotels and services at the hotel were good, but this one was the worst.

As soon as I checked in, they said that I have booked it only for 1 person(I was on my honeymoon).
Thus, they charged me seperately for another person. Every hotel room with 1 bed allows you at the occupancy of 2 people in that room. I felt like I was being cheated when they told me about it. But I had no option and had to pay extra for another person.

Everything I had to order was atleast 2 or 3 times. I ordered shampoo, came when I called them 3rd time. I requested for heater, they sent it when I called for 2nd time. I requested a towel couple of times, they didnt sent it to us. I had to go myself and take it from them from their service room. Common, thats the worst thing for a guest to do at your hotel.

Room Tip: Please do not go to this hotel. They dont serve you based on that you are their customer/guest. Ther...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Shaileen S

Dear Shaileen S,

Greetings from Gorbandh Palace, Jaisalmer

Thank you for your review on the hotel. Guest comfort is our up most priority but from your review we feel we didn’t match your expectations. We respect your concerns as a traveler and your review will make us strive harder in working towards ensuring faultless hospitality and zero-defect service all the time.

We still look forward to welcome you back at our hotels and serve you at our best to regain your confidence in us.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I keep on coming very regularly and always stay at Gorbandh Palace and will continue to do so :) Very good and courteous staff, great ambience, nice rooms, good location. Evening cultural program at the lawns is also good.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear saarthakg,

Greetings from Gorbandh Palace, Jaisalmer

There is a special pleasure in serving esteemed guests like you who keep giving us the opportunity to serve them often. We are full of gratitude for your kind words about our hotel.

We look forward to welcome you soon and serve you yet again at our best.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

It was our family tour. It was an heart whelming experience at Gorbandh. We just stayed there for a day, but was worth every minute of it. The restaurant staff was so cordiall and helpful. I had a baby and a boy of 7 yrs with me..they really packed us some food for them when we went sightseeing...how Thoughtful! Also mr Bax Khan helped us with our late check out, which was awesome with two kids. Everyone from Housekeepin, to F&B to front office were so courteous. Thank you all. Will definitely come back again.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms are really good and if you are looking for quietness, Gorbandh is for you.

Dear NamitaSourabh,

Greetings from Gorbandh Palace, Jaisalmer

Serving our guest with the best and making them comfortable is what we strive for. We are glad you liked our services and staff. It has been our pleasure to serve you.

Even we look forward to welcoming you back at our hotels soon and creating yet another memorable journey for you.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Our tour of Jaisalmer with family friends on Holi festival was excellent and more enjoyable due to the hospitality granted by the Gorbandh palace, Jaisalmer's all the staff members. Room service to the Restaurant, we have been treated like special guests. I really appreciate the Services of hotel management and looking forward for the next opportunity to recharge at the same hotel !!!
Thanks & regards
Hasu Jakasania
Ahmedabad

Dear Hasu13,

Greetings from Gorbandh Palace, Jaisalmer

It is exciting to read your review on TripAdvisor where we could indulge with your satisfying experience. We were glad to serve you while you were at our hotel and also at peace now knowing that you had an enjoyable and memorable stay at our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back at our hotels soon and creating yet another memorable journey for you.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

We spent 3 days in Jaisalmer. We were there with my parents and my friend, We took three rooms Room was good. Clean and with good amenities. Located outside of Jaisalmer, Mornings were very pleasant as the hotel is very quiet. The food is excellent. Staff was very courteous specially the Manager Mr. Khan. Thank you Mr. Khan for making our trip memorable.

Room Tip: All Rooms are good

Dear ashishusharma,

Greetings from Gorbandh Palace, Jaisalmer

Thank you very much for your kind words about hotel's ambiance, location, services and staff.
We are happy to know that you had an enjoyable and memorable stay at our hotel.