“good stuff”

Silk Route Art Gallery
Ranked #17 of 33 Shopping in Jaisalmer
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Silk Route Art Gallery is located in hotel the silk route. All products are from desert, original design and handcraft, traditional, unique.Desert gipsy made. Textiles, bed covers, tapestry, clothes, belt, bags, tablecloth, scarf, room ornaments,,,etc You can find only one item all of the world!! Also we are wholesale to the shop dealers.
New Delhi, Delhi, India
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“good stuff”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

this is not an attraction, but incase you wish to buy some of the local stuff, it is the place to go. excellent collection and variety. pricing is also good. recommended.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Niladri74

Jaisalmer, Rajasthan, India
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Stunning wares!”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Beautiful handmade, colorful, embroidered pieces from Rajasthan! Dileep is a great man who will give you a fair price.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank stonesthrowaway
Gosport, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Good stuff”
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I m not a very good shopper and for that reason itself I am always apprehensive about going to these handicrafts markets where you need the eye and the knowledge to pick out the stuff that you are looking for and the place was actually a recommendation by the guide who wanted to help us out with our search for ethnic and traditional Indian fabrics and clothing. Half of the stuff I saw there was rocket science for me with glassy beads, threads and prints all out on display and confusing me even more. Fortunately the person in charge seemed to be aware of people like me and extended a great help in actually giving me an“Indian fabric for dummies” lesson and giving me some really nice products to take back home. I wouldn’t boast that I have become sort of an expert with the craft and textile work but still I can say that they have handmade and customized stuffs that are actually worth the price and can brought from here at a nice deal.

Visited November 2013
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great authentic textile shop”
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

I am always wary when buying arts and textiles in India as you never really know what you are getting and always expect to get overcharged.

I found silk route a refreshing change as the quality of the textiles was great and having got them home (3 large bed spreads) they are still in good condition.

The staff here are very friendly and helpful. I did not find them at all pushy. Also the prices were very reasonable.

St Andrews, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful people”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Great little place run by super friendly people. I ended up staying a week in Jaisalmer and they spent almost every day enjoying their company. They were really helpful and helped me sort out anything I wanted. I arrived a stranger and left a friend

Can't recommend this place enough.

Visited July 2013