“Excellent value, great staff”

Real Desert Man Camel Safari
More attraction details
Owner description: We are an adventure tour company specializing in Camel Safari and sightseeing tours in and around the resplendent Jaisalmer:)
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I am a solo female traveller and was nervous about going off into the desert with just a guide and me. As it's low season there are less tours departing so it was hard to find a group to join up with, but Real Desert Man came up trumps.

I did an overnight tour with four other travellers and am so glad I did. Jeetu our main guide and driver took great care of us, then we met Honey, Mahindra and Ganesh with the camels. All four of them were a great balance of fun and professional. They made great daal, rice, veggies and chapattis for dinner and kept us in chai. I really appreciated how they were so careful with all our rubbish, being super cautious to collect it all and take it back. After the tour I was given free use of a room at their hostel for a shower and sleep, plus they arranged for me to be driven to the airport. Great value for money and I'd highly recommend this company.

1  Thank lucyblucyb
Write a ReviewReviews (1,418)
All reviews
in 55 reviews
"overnight stay"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The real desert man deliveres a great camel safari experience! All people are really friendly, helpfull and funny! They take care of you before you go, during the trip and also afterwards! The safari was pretty good! Nice staff, good for the camels, and good for us!

1  Thank Sophie S
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My gf and I did the 1 night safari and had a great time. The camel ride was perfect, and the evening was the best, sitting around campfire, singing songs and sleeping under the stars. Thanks real desert man :)

2  Thank Simon d
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This desert tour company is most accommodating and constantly checking in on customer satisfaction before after and during the trip which I loved. I chose the overnight culture adventure camel trek option which was everything I'd hoped it would be. With this option we first explored an abandoned village where you can kind stones of fossils from the hundred of millions of years ago when Jaisalmer was under the sea in the dilapidated buildings. Once we arrived at base camp, we were greeted with chai and cold water and then set out to ride our camels out to the dunes to watch the sunset. Before taking this trip I was under the impression that we would continue into the desert from here to the sandy dinner and overnight spot and return from there in the morning by camel, but how it turned out was similarly exciting. We simply returned from the sunset location to where we had first arrived for lively and unforgettable music and dance followed by a delicious dinner. A camel cart took us back to the dunes where we slept under the countless stars, quite a highlight. In the morning I woke up to a beautiful sunrise and my camel, Saya, and her caretaker who led us, a young man named Sawai Singh. More exploration of the dunes at dawn was followed by a nice breakfast. I thoroughly enjoyed the hospitality (especially since we trekked during the summer season when less tourists are around, I think we got a bit more specialized treatment) and my experience with the camels! I highly recommend taking to the Thar with the Real Desert Man, a must do when visiting Jaisalmer.

1  Thank Julia S