“Got the lot!”
Review of Jasmin Home

Jasmin Home
Ranked #4 of 108 Hotels in Jaisalmer
Reviewed 2 August 2014

This hotel ticked all the boxes for me.
I got taken here by rickshaw only a few minutes from the bus stand, as soon as I arrived I got a welcome drink and felt at home, its hard not to. As a graphic designer i was interested in the design of the building so it was even better to know the owner was the one who designed it himself. Everything has been thought of with a spacious lobby complimenting the surprisingly big rooms. It only has a few rooms so it gives the feel of a warm and cosy homestay as to a hotel which I guess it really is. Cosy bed with a bathroom and shower I would be proud to have myself. Restaurant upstairs was clean as was the full hotel, and I got shown for a few minutes how my dinner was prepared (I had dal fry).
I can see this place gaining a good reputation locally, it offers something different with their safaris, massages and cooking lessons all available. Fantastic value for what you get and a caring host.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Esytgr

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Mr. Jitu has appropriately named it Jasmin 'Home' as he indeed gave us a homely feeling. With his friendly flexible approach, he helped us manage our trip very well.
The rooms were very decent, clean, with stylish yet minimal interiors (with local flavour) and as per the commitment. Before booking, he had clearly informed us about the room size & it was exactly so.
They have a pure veg kitchen (Except that they make egg omlets in morning) , which we visited and confirmed that they had separate set of vessels to cook egg items. Being Jain, we have relatively restricted items to eat but the arrangements for food were very satisfying. They would discuss our desired food & prepare accordingly. Quality & taste of the food as well was upto the mark.
We are glad we booked this 'Home'

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank ShreyasShah2014
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here because it is not inside the Fort walls. Otherwise it would just be too noisy!!

The owner Jitu gave me and my friend the suite room which was huge (I nominated the 4 poster bed), free wifi, a big tv, A/C and Im glad to say it all worked very well. Original and local decor inside mixed with modern mod cons. Breakfast was included but we had lunch also, impressive menu and cooking from the chef. For Indian standards and only going by other hotels Ive stayed in this was really clean.

Jitu organized for us to see the Fort, lake and havelis for a good price. We didnt have time for a safari which was unfortunate. His family were friendly and so were all the staff making sure we were comfortable and gave us an interesting insight into living in the desert from his background of many years in camel safaris.

Thanks to all the staff and Jitu`s family, I can only recommend to anyone visiting Jaisalmer to check this out...

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank stuartfoot
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We stayed 2 nights at Jitu's haveli. It has all the comfort of a hotel : soft mattress, nice bathroom, good AC. Since it's newly built, everything is very clean and modern, with a local touch in terms of decoration. We had good breakfasts on the terrasse, fun cooking class with the chef, and were lucky enough to go to a very nice masala chai local shop with Jitendra. Jitendra recommends us a good schedule to visit Jaisalmer. While his haveli is outside the city center (but only 3 minutes tuktuk), we enjoyed being there because we could see the real life of Jaisalmer (market on the way, school just besides). Personally, I wouldn't stay inside the fort walls. If passing by Jaisalmer, Jasmin Home is the place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2014

In a world of homogenised travel experiences, we were fortunate to have an opportunity to stay overnight in the Thar desert, Rajasthan.

The journey to the desert included a stop at a local market to choose food for the simple but delicious vegetarian meals cooked on an open fire, and also included visits to various places of interest including a deserted village, beautiful ancient sandstone burial cenotaphs, and a deserted palace.

Although somewhat worried about camel riding, any such fears were unnecessary upon meeting Abdullah the cameleer. Both Abdullah and his two camels were gentle and evoked a sense of safety. We soon succumbed to the camels' soporific motion as we rode up and down sand dunes during a beautiful sunset and sunrise. That night, a traditional meal was prepared dinner and cooked from scratch. Jitu, Abdullah and the team are expert cooks, and we've never tasted chapatti's like they produced that night.

Sleeping arrangements were simple on this occasion, and reflected how often we don't need a 'five star' hotel experience to feel connected to a location. Two comfortable beds, piled high with locally made quilts, set up high on the sand dune, offered a stunning view of the full moon rise and surrounding desert, and views of the ever-changing colours. The trip concluded with another camel ride at dawn, breakfast and a leisurely return to Jaisalmer.

Although some will want the pseudo luxury (and price) that an overnight stay in the Swiss tents offers, would we do this again ? Unequivocally yes. If you have particular questions you'll find Jitu more than helpful in meeting your needs to ensure you have a wonderful desert experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank 845Steve
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I went to Jaisalmer with my family - including two young kids and we decided to stay here. The owner Jeetu is very friendly and wonderful host - you will feel like you are staying in your own home. They serve great food on the rooftop - the cook was awesome and made food as we wanted. When we were there (Feb, 2013), the road outside the place were undergoing some construction - and that somewhat ruined our experience. We could not simple walk out and go to the fort and enjoy the city. By the way, it's a good 10-15 min walk to the fort - so this place is not middle of a lot of activity, but instead you also get a lot of space, solitude and cleanliness. Jeetu arranged vehicle for us to tour the city and also excursions to the desert. All in all - highly recommended place

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ArnabBanerjee2014
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I stayed at Jasmin Hotel for a quick stop and had a great experience. After having known Jitu the owner, his family and the team, I was feeling really at home: they all tried to make my stay comfortable! Not only the hotel is excellent, but the restaurant is amazing and I had one of the most tasty dinner in India. I would definitely recommend Jasmin Home: good price, nice place to stay and eat exquisite Indian dishes.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends