“Nice place to stay”

Ranked #27 of 103 Hotels in Jaisalmer
Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
“Nice place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

I like the hotel in terms of facilities and food. It's nice place in the mid of the town. You can go to market and fort by walk. Roomtop restaurant is also giving nice view. Small place but Rooms are good with 24hrs hot water. Only problem is, its in the city area, so you can not sleep if you are not comfortable sleeping in noisy area. You may heard different local songs played by their local shops and market noise in early morning.

Room Tip: I most dislike is, the hotel is in the center of the town and in the market area, so it's too mu...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Korean first
Jaipur, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

Excellent and classic architecture in the heart of jaiselmer , every facility on door step, hope this is perfect place for every visitior, specially Staff is very humble and ready to service along with pleasant behaviour

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank jeet2014
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

Its a nice place to stay... There are hell lot of options in Jaisalmer as it is crowded by hotels at every corner.. This one has a great view of fort, commndable interiors, spacious rooms, clean bathrooms & nice people. Good one!!

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Naresh J
Jaipur, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

I stayed in the hotel in September 2013 and took an overnight camel tour. I found both the hotel manager, Vicky, and the tour leader, johnny, to be friendly and easy going people and i have since become friends with Vicky. The rest of the hotel staff, kitchen and housekeeping, are also very friendly and helpful. The place was great, and also the camel tour was great fun, we played desert Olympics, caught and milked goats in the desert, made bread and cooked over an open fire. Plenty of bedding, water and good companionship on offer! I certainly would recommend the hotel and the tour.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kanisha P
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

Hotel Mangalam is a very nice hotel with convenient location, good comfortable rooms, quick service and friendly staff. I stayed in this hotel with my husband and had a very pleasant and memorable experience in all respects. The room given to us was clean, well maintained and the staff were prompt in their service and eager to help always. Further they were very prompt in arranging good cab and driver for our sight seeing.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

We stayed for 3 nights at the Hotel Manglam in July 2013. Everything about this hotel was perfect: the rooms are beautiful (the maharadjah's portrait hangs over your bed) but most of all, the food is ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE, the best we've had in our 3 weeks trip in India. We had planned to go to other places to eat but once we tried the hotel restaurant, we just could not go anywhere else.
Service is OK, although they absolutely want you to pay in Euros, even if all you have is Rupees (we've had to pay with Credit card),.
All in all though, it is well worth the extra Euros for a little heaven in the midst of the Indian chaos. Probably our best hotel tip among our 3 weeks in India!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

My wife accommodated me in a Hotel Manglam in Jaisalmer in the old city as it would be easily connected to my work destination.
I had a 2 day stay at the hotel. They had very good service. Amazing swimming pool with great view of the fort. Very happy with the service. And I appreciate the hotel not trying to sell Mineral water.
The resturant staff very courteous and friendly. Special Food order also accepted.. The ambience is very good. The swimming pool has an amazing view of the fort. The reception staff very helpful. Managed my requirement very swiftly and fast. They arranged a tour guide at just 1 hour notice. Car cleaning facility done very nicely. Ample car park. Not a centrally airconditioned hotel. but lot of open area. well laid out rooms. If you are visiting Jaisalmer definite worth staying at this hotel

Jaisalmer’s major attractions are the havelis and the palaces and the Jain-dominated region has a lot of temples. Apart from that Gadisisar Lake and a few museums formed my itinerary .
I also checked some excursion plans on the outskirts of Jaisalmer, but I had to keep my craving at the bay as I ran out of time. But, I promised myself to visit the Sam Sun Dunes which takes you through the desert on a small camel ride with a magnificent view of the sunset. Apart from that, Khuri Sand Dunes, Akal Wood Fossils Parkwhich has 180 million year old fossils and the Sudhasari Desert National Parkwhich shelters the Great Indian Bustards also tempted me.
On the very first day, the event was scheduled in the evening so I had the entire day to feast around the city. I first destined towards the Jaisalmer Fort, the living fort. In the old city, 25% of the population lives in its walls. The massive expanse of the fort has shops crammed in a line on the streets where of course one can get beautifulsouvenirs and handicrafts from the real Jaisalmer. The Jain temples are lined up inside this fort and the architecture are admirable. One will spend the entire day admiring the magnificence of the fort. One should try the lassi out here. Its lip-smacking refreshing taste and its cooling affect perfects out the day trip.
The next day again I was lucky to get the entire day to myself. I went to Salim Singh-ki-Haveli and Patwa-ki-Haveli. Salim Singh-ki-Haveli is famous for its intricate etched architecture and engraves on its arched ceilings. After being fascinated by the honey-colored lace stone work in the most astonishing Patwa-ki-Haveli, I visited the museum in the in Patwa-ki-Haveli in which history spoke for itself.
One must also visit the Nathmal-ki-Haveli to see the riches of India. The first floor of the palace is lined with incredibly appealing paintings which are painted using 1.5 kilograms of gold. The history reflects back to the 19th century when you see the historical evidences the palace is filled up with. I missed it due to the cramped up time.

Room Tip: Heritage ones
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business