“Just amazing, I mean it!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Gulaal

The Gulaal
Ranked #1 of 103 Hotels in Jaisalmer
“Just amazing, I mean it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

I spent several weeks in India, read lots of reviews. Stand at some nice places but this is tops! Super friendly owners went out of their way to make us comfortable, happy and pampered. Foods great, hotel is gorgeous, what else do you need or want, it is perfect. Highly recommend.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank David C

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and for your amazing review.

Our philosophy is to explore all opportunities to make the guests feel most comfortable and we did exactly that to ensure that you remember us fondly. The very essence of a Hotel [Ad by save net] is to provide a tranquil setting for the guests to relax in and we take pride in being able to offer this to our guests.

I would also want to thank you for your compliments about our services and facilities. I have shared your review with my entire team which will only motivate our Staff to continue and strive harder to excel in providing exceptional experiences to our guests.

Service excellence with the urge to anticipate and comply with guest needs is what we believe in. I am so happy to know that you got to experience the best of our hospitality.

Many thanks again for taking the time to write the review. We hope that you will plan another holiday with us soon!

Virendra Singh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Although we were not staying at The Gulaal hotel, we had breakfast and lunch there, and i must say the food was delicious!! The owner was really nice and took well care of us, if i have the chance to return to Jaisalmer again, i would definetely stay there. Amazing view, pool, service, food, and we got a chance to see the rooms that were absolutely beautiful.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Jana V

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

I spent 3 pleasant days at the Gulaal. One couldn't find a more pleasant, attentive and knowledgeable host than Virendra Singh Bahti. Whether helping me through the prolonged , involved process of getting an Indian SIM card for my cell phone, dropping me all over town or suggesting the local special millet flour chapati for breakfast he was most eager to make my stay as satisfying as possible. A charming, most pleasant host. Rooms and suites are very spacious, classically Rajasthani beautiful with lovely carved yellow sandstone architectural detailing, carved and painted furniture, beautiful local fabrics, high ceilings, old wooden doors, ornamental floors and views from many rooms of the fort which is illuminated at night. But combined with lovely modern baths, lighting and very efficient quiet air-con and fans (2 of each in the suites). June is very hot in Jaisalmer so It was very pleasant to cool off in the attractive fairly large very clean pool in the garden. I like Indian breakfasts so the home made curds( yoghurt) , chapatis, omlets, pickles, Masala Chai were perfect. There were many other choices. Only drawback or possibly a befit to being away from the intense centre of town is the 10 minute walk into town, 15 min to the fort entrance. Virendra offers complimentary bus or train pick- up or happily will drop you off in town- few minute ride. A tuk-tuk costs 50Rupees (95cents Canadian) from anywhere in town for the 5 minute trip to get back to the Hotel ( June 2013). The rest of the staff are attentive, friendly, efficient, eager to please without being intrusive. Jaisalmer is very vibrant beautiful small citywith a lovely 1001 nights ambience . The Gulaal is the perfect place to base yourself, relax and chill out after a hard days shopping, walking, visiting the desert. Reccommended.

Room Tip: I was in nice bright suite 203 complete with large balcony. Glorious view of the Fort. Hard asian ma...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Kendd

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Excellent value. A most gracious host and staff made us feel welcome. They were willing to go the extra mile to see that our needs were satisfied. Definitely would stay again. The food was very good with breakfast and lunch served on the rooftop.

Room Tip: Second floor with view of the fort
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank tkeeffer
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

One of the Finest and Cutest Modern havelis, a true labour of love by two brothers - Rathores. The rooms are done in most luxurious manner with great attention to details with no two rooms alike. Each room has its own character and full of positive Energy. The View of the Fort from the Windows is dream like and the view from the roof top in the twilight is just heart warming.

Room Tip: The Rooms towards the Fort have million dollar view.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Rvk S

Bangalore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

The room was good value Excellent double bed and good bathroom. Safe in wardrobe. The room service was so good. I have stayed other places but this is superb in all respects....Thanks to the whole team. Great value for money!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at the Gulaal in February of 2014. After two weeks of travel through India with my two sons I need a quite, clean and friendly place to rest. Victor the proprietor went out of his way to make our stay comfortable. Food was good with a quite roof top area. I would recommend it to anyone who has made their way this far into India.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

gulaal, Owner at The Gulaal, responded to this review, 23 May 2014