“Best hotel stay in my India travel”
Review of The Gulaal

The Gulaal
Ranked #1 of 105 Hotels in Jaisalmer
Trondheim, Norway
“Best hotel stay in my India travel”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

If you don't have time reading the whole review, just go ahead and book this hotel - you will not regret it.

I stayed in Hotel Gulaal for three nights with my girlfriend and i can truly say i have never experienced such amazing service ever before. We arrived early with the train and they were there to pick us up and gave us a free drive to the Hotel. When we arrived, the owner of the hotel gave us a free upgrade to a luxury suite cause it was low season and both suites was available. A pretty nice first impression.

Furthermore everything in this hotel is just amazing compared not only to Indian standards, but worldwide. Its super clean, the architecture is amazing, the rooms are beautiful with very good AC that continues working during power cuts (as does the rest of electricity because of a big reserve power), the water in the shower and sink actually has some pressure (other hotels we stayed in was usually quite week), the wi-fi reaches all parts of the hotel including rooftop, halls, room and pool, the pool is really nice and the restaurant serves the best food we had during our stay (yet slightly more pricy than some others). They also provide you with extra towel for using by the pool, and maintain your room more than once every day.

As if this is not good enough, the owner of the place and his staff is extremely helpful. The Hotel is located a 10-15 minute walk from the fort entrance, but they allways offered us a car ride to our destination. The owner previously worked as a guide, and is therefore full of information about anything you might ask, and he will help you get the best deals and ways around in Jaisalmer.

And just to top things of, out of the blue, when we were leaving the hotel he tells us that they have prepared some food for us to bring on our 18 hours train ride. What we did not know was that they did not serve any food on the train and the food came in very handy.

I almost forgot to mention they let us check out some hours later for free while waiting for the train.

The only improvement i could think of when he asked us upon departure was that you have to type the internet username and password every time you turn on/of your phone. Maybe this has improved already when you read this review.

Colclusion: I want to go back, and will recommend this place for everyone about to visit Jaisalmer.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Audun R

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and for your amazing review.

Our philosophy is to explore all opportunities to make the guests feel most comfortable and we did exactly that to ensure that you remember us fondly. The very essence of a Hotel [Ad by save net] is to provide a tranquil setting for the guests to relax in and we take pride in being able to offer this to our guests.

I would also want to thank you for your compliments about our services and facilities. I have shared your review with my entire team which will only motivate our Staff to continue and strive harder to excel in providing exceptional experiences to our guests.

Service excellence with the urge to anticipate and comply with guest needs is what we believe in. I am so happy to know that you got to experience the best of our hospitality.

Many thanks again for taking the time to write the review. We hope that you will plan another holiday with us soon!

Virendra Singh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
San Diego
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Could not have made a better choice by staying at the Gulaal in Jaisalmer! The compound is extraordinarily clean, quaint and beautiful - really feels like a little indian paradise! The service was truly unbelievable - beyond impeccable! We came during off-season and were immediately upgraded to a suite and had unreal dinners at their top terrace dinning area with an unparalleled view of the fort. When the owner heard I was feeling ill he immediately sent up a natural remedy for me completely free of charge! A++ Service!! Comes highly recommended!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank LJTravelor

Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

I spent several weeks in India, read lots of reviews. Stand at some nice places but this is tops! Super friendly owners went out of their way to make us comfortable, happy and pampered. Foods great, hotel is gorgeous, what else do you need or want, it is perfect. Highly recommend.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank David C

Mexico
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Although we were not staying at The Gulaal hotel, we had breakfast and lunch there, and i must say the food was delicious!! The owner was really nice and took well care of us, if i have the chance to return to Jaisalmer again, i would definetely stay there. Amazing view, pool, service, food, and we got a chance to see the rooms that were absolutely beautiful.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Jana V

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I spent 3 pleasant days at the Gulaal. One couldn't find a more pleasant, attentive and knowledgeable host than Virendra Singh Bahti. Whether helping me through the prolonged , involved process of getting an Indian SIM card for my cell phone, dropping me all over town or suggesting the local special millet flour chapati for breakfast he was most eager to make my stay as satisfying as possible. A charming, most pleasant host. Rooms and suites are very spacious, classically Rajasthani beautiful with lovely carved yellow sandstone architectural detailing, carved and painted furniture, beautiful local fabrics, high ceilings, old wooden doors, ornamental floors and views from many rooms of the fort which is illuminated at night. But combined with lovely modern baths, lighting and very efficient quiet air-con and fans (2 of each in the suites). June is very hot in Jaisalmer so It was very pleasant to cool off in the attractive fairly large very clean pool in the garden. I like Indian breakfasts so the home made curds( yoghurt) , chapatis, omlets, pickles, Masala Chai were perfect. There were many other choices. Only drawback or possibly a befit to being away from the intense centre of town is the 10 minute walk into town, 15 min to the fort entrance. Virendra offers complimentary bus or train pick- up or happily will drop you off in town- few minute ride. A tuk-tuk costs 50Rupees (95cents Canadian) from anywhere in town for the 5 minute trip to get back to the Hotel ( June 2013). The rest of the staff are attentive, friendly, efficient, eager to please without being intrusive. Jaisalmer is very vibrant beautiful small citywith a lovely 1001 nights ambience . The Gulaal is the perfect place to base yourself, relax and chill out after a hard days shopping, walking, visiting the desert. Reccommended.

Room Tip: I was in nice bright suite 203 complete with large balcony. Glorious view of the Fort. Hard asian ma...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Kendd

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Excellent value. A most gracious host and staff made us feel welcome. They were willing to go the extra mile to see that our needs were satisfied. Definitely would stay again. The food was very good with breakfast and lunch served on the rooftop.

Room Tip: Second floor with view of the fort
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank tkeeffer
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 1 June 2014

One of the Finest and Cutest Modern havelis, a true labour of love by two brothers - Rathores. The rooms are done in most luxurious manner with great attention to details with no two rooms alike. Each room has its own character and full of positive Energy. The View of the Fort from the Windows is dream like and the view from the roof top in the twilight is just heart warming.

Room Tip: The Rooms towards the Fort have million dollar view.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo