“"Class!"” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Jaisalmer Palace

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hotel Jaisalmer Palace
Ranked #48 of 103 Hotels in Jaisalmer
“"Class!"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

Nice hotel in the Haveli style . On the roof comfortable sitting areas, great panoramic view of Sonar and Jaisalmer City. Very good food, recommended and incredibly nice owner. Is it like one days stay longer than planned to get from traveling in India to recover. Hotel also offers Desert Camps, with which you can explore the area.

Room Tip: Super Deluxe Room No. 207
1 Thank LJ021998
JaisalmerP, Manager at Hotel Jaisalmer Palace, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hotel Jaisalmer Palace,Jaisalmer and for sharing your feedback through TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to note that you had a wonderful experience and that you were happy with our service and facilities. Your feedback is very encouraging and will motivate us to strive harder towards excellence.

Thank you for recommending Hotel Jaisalmer Palace We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon.

Devendra Singh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Polish first
moglibaloo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

I visited Jaisalmer and found this hotel's management to be very kind, helpful, responsive to requests, and very interested in making my stay as nice as possible. I was on a motorcycle safari myself, and parked my Royal Enfield 500 cc cycle in front of the hotel, and there it stayed safe and sound for the three days I was at the village. The village is very safe and I didnt think there was a worry at all. Jaisalmer palace staff made sure the bike was well looked after. If there is any reason to stay at Jaisalmer Palace, one would be to meet the owner Mr. Singh. He is a man in his 40's who grew up in a village in the desert, and was a forerunner in building the tent and desert safari industry. We had the opportunity to walk around town with him, and it seemed he is a star as so many friends came up to speak with him and greet him. He can arrange a camel safari for you at the nearby town of SAM. My friend and I struck up quite a good friendship with Mr. Singh, so he was kind enough to personally show us some places. He is busy, so I was happy he made time. He brought my friend out riding and told the camel guide to leave them be, and off into the desert sand Mr Singh and my friend trotted. I suppose she will write her own review, so I will let her explain the time personally; but, what I can attest to is her complete enthusiasm for the generosity and gentlemanliness Mr Singh showed her. I would agree, he showed me the same kindness as I mentioned. The hotel is easy to find at night, which in the village around the fort, all the buildings look similar, but the Jalsaimer Palace has tasteful white christmas lights which highlight the beautiful gold sandstone facade. The hotel has a nice rooftop which does provide a great view of the fort. His cook makes meals from scratch, and allowed me to watch to learn a little mutton tikka masala cooking skills. It was really tasty. Mr Singh said he is in the process of making the rooftop enclosed room into a movie room where he will show movies nightly for free, but he still was in the process of getting the hotel to his preferred state. As I said, the hotel is new and has been open about 3 months. There is value for money at this hotel. The water was hot, he provided a night heater if the temperature was cold (I was there in January), and he gave good suggestions and advice, to which I didnt think had any personal stake in his suggestion. Endemic in India is a commission mentality, but I really believe Mr. Singh didn't give a hoot about commissions, and I think he was keenly interested in me getting a good experience during my visit to Jaisalmer.

I am going to give it 3 to 4 stars because I dont believe in star grade inflation. For 5 stars you can stay at Surygardh Palace 20 km outside of town at a minimum rate of 10000 Rups (160 USD). Jaisalmer Palace you will pay less than 2500. The location is great, the beds are comfortable, the water hot, heaters available on request, food good, nice relaxing roof to chill out on, nightly movies to come, safe place to put your car or motorcycle, all this is what I wanted.

I give it three stars on cleanliness as no place (not even the expensive places) in Jaisalmer should be 4 or 5 stars ... dust is endemic as you are in a desert. Location is 4 stars as it is not in the fort, but I didnt want to be in the fort because the touting and noise and aggressive people there I found tiresome. The rooms get three stars as when I was there Mr Singh was just getting the special aspects of what make a room perfect into place. But the rooms were very large, bed was comfortable, and I am sure the place will be further improved shortly. But value for money is what I wanted, and I wanted nice people around me. This I got at Jaisalmer Palance.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Sir,

Ajmer
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

The hotel is very nice, clean, the location is great, staff very helpful, offering tours in the desert. In short, a really good choice. Nice Fort View from roof top and good choice of cuisine.
The owner is a nice person and provide best to the tourists.

1 Thank SuryaAjmer

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

We had my family and I for 3 days at this excellent hotel. Very efficient staff. Manager treated us in a very professional manner. It is a small but charming hotel, amazing views from the restaurant. Clean and well maintained. Do not forget to ask special jaisalmer dish (Dining).

1 Thank PriyaRathore

Jaipur
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

I stay in hotel jaisalmer palace yesterday. Nice comfortable rooms on average price . About services food was excellent and about restaurant nice view of sonar from roof. And Mr. Singh, is very good person make your stay very friendly. This hotel is good choice to stay in jaisalmer

• Stayed January 2014

Jaipur, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

I was at Jaisalmer on 28/29 Dec 2013. i lke the property very much and recommended it for the reasons below.
*New Property
*In center of the city, close to all tourist attractions
*Excellent Services
*Roof Top restaurant from where you can enjoy the glimpse of Jaisalmer for in night.
*Friendly Staff.
*Nice and Clean room.

Room Tip: Specious room, nice and cleen
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ranbanka_10

Ahmedabad, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

We first selected the Damodra Camp to spend our nights in Jaisalmer, but our travel agent suggested us Hotel Jaisalmer Palace, choice we did not regret. We were fortunate to have one of the suites and we were accommodated beautifully. So if you want to be beautifully housed, CHOOSE preferably a suite. dinners are served at the roof top by candlelight and the buffet is well stocked and quite varied desserts. Nothing wrong with the comfort and cleanliness level.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple