Lowest prices for your stay
US$49
Free cancellation until 05/11/21
Hotels.comUS$49
Booking.comUS$52
eDreamsUS$52
All reviews rooftop restaurant the owner desert safari place to stay beautiful hotel rooms are large sonar kella a wonderful stay tuk tuk amazing hospitality fort view amazing place comfortable stay sam dunes amazing experience maru india
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 March 2017 via mobile

We loved our stay. The decor of the hotel is beautiful and well thought out. The staff is incredibly warm and helpful. Our bed was one of the most comfortable we've slept in over the past five months of traveling. The rooftop restaurant has beautiful views of the fort, as well as delicious food and excellent service. The location is just a 5 minute rickshaw ride from the fort and it's nice to get away from the noise at night. We highly recommend Helsinki House.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank tomhoward53
Mr_Maru, Manager at Hotel Helsinki House, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Dear Tom H,

Greetings from Helsinki House!!
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor on your experience at Helsinki House.

I am glad that you enjoyed the food and service at the our hotel and especially you found the bed & bathroom to be comfortable and clean- in our mind it is a priority for a great stay.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

Some hotels are more than just a room with bed - they have a soul. This is one such place. Right from cheerful reception, wonderfully designed rooms, excellent room service, awesome awesome breakfast and small games room for guests - this hotel has it all covered. Located near the lake and walking distance from the fort - this place has it a. A small roof top restaurant with alcohol and a wonderful view is also available. Do stay in this place and you would have a memorable experience!

Date of stay: February 2017

Dear Karthik M,

Greetings from Helsinki House!!
I am glad that you enjoyed the food and service at the our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

I was already having a great time in India but due to my stay at Helsinki House I truly fell in love with the place.

I normally never write reviews but I simply had to let other travellers know about this place. The brothers that run the place are the most genuinely helpful souls I have ever encountered. The outstanding hospitality is just the first good thing. The hotel itself feels like you exist in an alternate universe where you live a lavish life in a Palace. Wether your in the hostel or the more flashy rooms upstairs the place is pristine, clean, aesthetically pleasing AND the food is likewise faultless. Not that you are stuck eating at the hotel. The staff are more than happy to share the secrets of the city and recommend all the best delights that, without local knowledge, you may well miss during your visit. To add to the unique pleasure of staying at Helsinki House is simply the location. At first glance it looks a little too far from the action but to the contrary, it is actually  the EXACT place you need to be to truly appreciate Jaisalmer. I feel it would be a mistake to take accomodation inside the Fort. You would miss the true vibe. Helsinki House is perfectly situated with views of the desert to one side and full spectacular views of the Fort to the other. It is, at most, a 10min walk to the Fort which exposes you to a genuine insight of the city itself. There is not a 'rip off' in the place. You get far far more than you pay for. The staff take pride in their city and hotel and want you to love it as much as they do.

We also did a 2 night camel safari which Helsinki House custom made for our every want and need. Nothing was a problem for them, we asked, they supplied and at a very reasonable price. We were alone mostly on the safari. Not packed in with loads of other tourists and had some of the the most special moments of the trip thanks to it. Camel riding aside there's just nothing these people won't provide for you should you ask. They even sent a driver (free of charge) to pick us up from the train station at 1.30am as our train was 2 hrs late. No problem. They were the perfect mix of being there for you 100% without hovering or interfering at anytime. Legends!

I highly recommend you give it a chance. You will not walk away from Helsinki House with a regret about anything.

Thank you so much to the Helsinki brothers and staff. I will send as many friends your way as possible. I'd hate for anybody to miss out.

Much love Holly Lilah Bradshaw.

1  Thank Holly B

Dear Holly B,

Greetings from Helsinki House!!

I am glad that you enjoyed the food and service at the our hotel and especially you found the hospitality - in our mind it is a priority for a great stay.

We look forward welcoming you again.

Reviewed 22 March 2017

The staff is the best!!! Kind and helpful. Rooms are very spacious and clean.The room was clean and very modern. Everything worked in the room. The free internet access was a big plus. The bathroom was clean. Best value for money.

The atmosphere was ok and the food as well. It is a very casual place to dine, especially for breakfast. But Dinner was good

Overall we had a very very pleasant stay. We can't say anything wrong with it. Definitely will stay here again!!!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Pal_lovetotravel

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.
I hope we will have the privilege to serve you again whenever you are in Jaisalmer.

We hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

It was a great place to stay! And first look I appeared to be in a small narrow lane, but once yo step in you realize it's just the right hotel to be. Beautiful and spacious room, close to market by driving 3mins yet aloof ! Must Recommended.

Dear Maulik D,

Thank you so much for choosing Helsinki House & taking the time to write a review about your experience with us ! I am so glad that you enjoyed our hotel rooms and service.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.