“Quite a tropical look”
Review of Marugarh Resort

Marugarh Resort
Ranked #29 of 99 Hotels in Jodhpur
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Due to poor signage, we battled to find the place in the late afternoon. The venue is ok, apart from the fact that they are currently building, but the attention to finer details is lacking. Our bathroom really had an almost unbearable smell to it, and our double bed only had two uncomfortable cushions. The kettle didnt work and we had a noisy aircon. Apart from that, the gardens are beautiful, they have a nice pool, and very friendly staff. This hotel has plenty of potential if they get their finer details right!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 July 2013

Me and my daughter stayed over night on our way to Ranakpur. Stunning garden, nice rooms - and quiet. A real shame then that the restaurant was unable to get the heating system for the buffet to work. Our dinner was lukewarm, as was our breakfast, but was tasty and well prepared. Beeing in the middle of nowwhere, going to another restaurant wasn't an option. The service in the restaurant slow and unprofessional.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank mamta66no
Reviewed 9 April 2013

For the western tourist, I would not recommend this hotel. It is quite amazing in concept. Very impressive. But I'm sure it targets the domestic tourist and especially the special occasion market.
Great place for an Indian wedding or huge function. There was what I think was a birthday party, when I stayed. But the whole effect as a foreign tourist is very synthetic. Almost theme park in its atmosphere. (Reinforced by the attendant Disney figures at the function). It is a long way out of town and the front desk charged me an exorbitant sum for a taxi when leaving. Food was good at night. Breakfast not so much. We moved on to something which suited us more.

Room Tip: Near the pool if you are a man. I saw no women using the pool.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vonGawne
Reviewed 5 April 2013

This resort is true value for its money and we truly had fun staying there, best time o be there is from august till March end. Its lovely place which is located on outskirts of Jodhpur with backdrop of big hill to its beauty:) But food here truly was big disappointment, minus food this place will be cool enough to enjoy.

Me and my wife had deluxe suite and were not disappointed at all.

Manager Mr. Navin is very helpful.

Deepak & Vandana Singh

Room Tip: go for deluxe room facing pool:P
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank homedzyn
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Allright, the garden is acceptable. The hotel itself lacks atmosphere, like a cheaper chain type hotel. That was quite a disappointment after the many havelis we had been staying in before. The location could have made up for that, but unfortunately that was not the case at all. Very far away from the centre, along a bad, busy road. No possibility to walk out of the hotel grounds.
All that again could have been made up by excellent service. But, again unfortunately, the service was poor. We asked for laundry service, they would pick up, but never did. When we handed it out next morning, they told us we were late ... When paying the bill, my pin code was wrong, they said. I tried again, and again wrong. But ... I have the number in my telephone and could make no mistake. Before and after, I never had any problems.
At 12 at night, bouncing on our door: room service?? We were alone in the pavillion in which our room was situated. Being 2 women, we did not feel very comfortable.
When leaving, we had to wait for our luggage for a long time. Such a long time that I walked down the swimming pool to my room to see what was going on. A boy near the swimming pool used his telephone and yes, the luggage was coming out of the room.
All in all, it gave us not a good feeling with this hotel.
May be this hotel is quite okay, for a businessman staying here overnight. But for overseas tourist I would never recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hendrike49
Reviewed 8 February 2013

We had a lovely stay at Marugarh. Agreed it's a way out of Jodphur, but it was a real oasis of calm. Indian food was excellent with great service, in fact charming waiters who force fed us at breakfast. We had a free upgrade to suite 1000 which was fantastic - our own lounge and dressing room - because a wedding party had taken over most of the other rooms (the wedding wasn't at the hotel so no noise).
Only minor grumble was no wifi, but free Internet access in their office. We'd stay again.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jim C
Reviewed 26 January 2013

Overall, the Marugarh was nice enough for a short stay. Service was a bit weak with no baggage service when we arrived. Rooms were clean but a bit "Mickey Mouse" ... no wired or wireless, no chairs on the balcony, the "safe" was a sloppy little plywood box that a 10 year old could break open. The grounds really are beautiful, but have very large high voltage power lines running through the middle of the property. It is also VERY isolated. There is really no where to walk from the Marugarh.

On our first breakfast, I was very disappointed by the limited choice ... that was until I tried the food. It was AMAZING. We also had dinner / snacks a couple of nights in the bar. The food there was also outstanding. All in all, I wouldn't recommend someone seak out the Marugarh as a place to stay, but it was a pleasant enough place to rest for a few days.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family