“Good food, nice place, great views” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nirvana House Rooftop Restaurant

Nirvana House Rooftop Restaurant
Ranked #30 of 366 Restaurants in Jodhpur
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, View, Kids, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
London, United Kingdom
“Good food, nice place, great views”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2010

This is a good place for a delicious Rajasthani meal in Jodhpur - the owner and staff are lovely, the food is good and there are four different areas with views of the fort, the clock tower, down town or even a beautifully decorated dining room indoors.

It's not a local haunt though, if that's what you're looking for. When we went all the customers were non-Indian tourists.

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Brilliant!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2010

I was in Jodhpur between 10-17th October and visited Nirvana Cafe on the back of tripadvisor's recommendation. If we had not obtained the address in advance, Im sure we would never have found it. It is situated close to the clock tower and stands in the shadows of the Fort.

The owner greeted us, showed us to the rooftop terrace which is a haven of tranquility amidst the hustle and bustle of the old town. The owner was exceptional, suggesting two dishes which were fantastic. The service was first class as was the price. The location was just as good. If your in Jodhpur, I would suggest you pay the Nirvana cafe a visit, you will not be disappointed.

hove
“great food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2010

Visited this restaurant after reading previous reviews. Fabulous food ,service,location.

well worth a visit.

Portland, Oregon
“memorable meal and hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2010

Dinner at Nirvana was probably my favorite meal in Northern India! We ordered too many dishes, all were absolutely delicious and I overate trying not to leave any behind! Service from the attentive staff was excellent and the owner/host was welcoming and charming. We enjoyed the rooftop and the adjacent temple.
Wanted to return to their crafts shop before leaving Jodhpur and am glad we did. I did my splurging for the trip on several fairly priced, very beautiful and quality pieces--even though I had no room in my pack for such large pieces...
I also appreciated the no-pressure atmosphere, which is hard to find in India!. The owner took great care in preparing my purchases for the remainder of my journey and even sent staff out to buy me a special bag to carry them with me, which turned out to be indispensable. Amazing service!
I highly recommend both the restaurant and the crafts shop.

Mumbai
“peaceful place ..hidden in the crowded market”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2010

We found this restaurant just by chance..We had paneer tikka and the spring rolls which were freshly made and were delicious..the service and the ambiance was good. The open terrace had the view of Meharangan Fort, Clock tower and Jaswant Thada.. a beautiful atmosphere at the sunset time..