“Average hotel, terrible service”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jodhpur
Hotel Sachdeva Excellency
Ranked #82 of 100 Hotels in Jodhpur
Rosario, Argentina
“Average hotel, terrible service”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

The hotel itself was alright - decent location, moderately clean, passable room service (though they only offer about 25% of what is listed on the menu). The "restaurant" was a dirty corner of the roof with absolutely no shade, so after the first day I avoided it.

The service was not good at all. The hotel was deserted and it seemed to me that they cater to Indian businesspeople and didn't quite know what to do with a foreign traveler, even though all I wanted was a bed and wifi (which, despite what they claimed, never worked).

Let's face it - most (if not all) hotels of a certain price range in India WILL try to rip you off or come up with an excuse to make you part with your money. But the fact that the staff here was so clumsy at it is what makes me think they don't see a lot of foreign guests. Starting at check in, they tried to quote three times the price that is on their website, and when I told them I had checked the price beforehand, they just smiled with a "hey, it was worth a try" expression. Over and over, they would ask me for money for things I was not supposed to pay for (Internet, hot water) and when I didn't fall for it, they would smile sheepishly and carry on as if I hadn't just caught them trying to cheat me.

At checkout, an employee who spoke only a few words of English insisted that I couldn't leave unless I gave him money, although he couldn't explain why. He recruited another man off the street, who didn't speak English either, to help him explain it to me. I knew he was just trying to get a tip, but I pretended not to understand because I wanted him to explain to me exactly why I owed him money. When it became obvious that I was going to miss my train if I didn't pay, I gave him a small tip and he protested that it wasn't enough for ALL THE STAFF. I grabbed my bag and ran out.

There are plenty of hotels in Jodhpur, avoid this one.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Calcutta, West Bengal, India
Reviewed 20 January 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 2 days by advance booking through MAKE MY TRIP.during 16-18 Dec,12.We arrived at this hotel on 16 th. early morning informing the hotel authority well-in-advance about our early check-in. Though they said nothing about early check-in- charge before or at the time of our arrival, they charged us extra Rs 700/ during our check out .which we felt a sort of cheating.We think there should be uniform 24 hr check-in time in all HOTELS and it will be less complicated to both parties.Though the room was big &well-furnished the bathroom was in very poor shape , the bathroom lock was faulty, particularly the supply of hot water was very very inadequate.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank T_konar
Bangalore
Reviewed 14 January 2013

We stayed 2 nights there with our children. The room and service were OK but it missed the details that give you the feeling to be in a nice place. At night you could hear anything going on in the hotel, especially the door slaming. We wouldn't have been there if we would not have been rebooked after the other hotel turned up to be full. i think you can find better places for the same price.

Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Deuxetquatrefontsix
Thane
Reviewed 15 November 2012

The room was not good and also the staff were themselves not clear on whether the check out time was 24hrs or 12pm. The food is high priced and taste is ok.close proximity to the station is an advantage, but rooms are not really a pleasant experience.

Room Tip: check especially for rooms which do not disturb your sleep from Train sounds.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Jodhpur hotels

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 30 October 2012 via mobile

We stayed in two different rooms for 2 days, the service was simply superb, the location of this hotel is an added advantage as it is centrally located and its very easy to access the rail starion.

The man in reception always carries a smile on his face & one should not miss the food u get here. ITS SIMPLY SUPERB.

• Stayed October 2012
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Filthy sheet (only one) and cover. Lot of stair activity in night. The trains seem to come through the middle of your room . Lousy shower with trickle water only. To be avoided at all costs. Moved out next morning to Jee Haveli which was the opposite for the same price of 2000 R

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank martin e
San Jose, California
Reviewed 19 January 2012

During our trip to Jodhpur,i was searching for a good budget hotel and found Hotel Sachdeva excellency is the best among many in Jodhpur.

We stayed there for 1 day.

Rooms -: Very spacious and very clean.
Washrooms -: neat & clean
Location -: 0.5kms from railway station and a min walk from Nai sarak.
Staff - Excellent and Courteous.
Front desk - Very helpful

Food - Food in the restaurant is OK..We find it very spicy..So it is better to try food elsewhere.
Price - 990 for air cooled rooms.

Travel Desk - Not Good and very pricey. For Jodhpur,hire an auro-rickshaw (max Rs 400) or Indica (Max 700).

Tips -: Pack your food while visiting Mehrangarh fort..Food in Mehrangarh Cafe is very bad and expensive.
Bargain hard with the auto-rickshaw drivers.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family