The Ummed Jodhpur
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Treebo Parkk Boutique(Jodhpur)
View Hotel
All reviewsgateway hotelswimming pooltaj groupmain cityhuge propertyexecutive chefrestaurant staffnice propertyhorse ridinglush green lawnssingh rathoreown vehiclestar propertygarden viewrooms are largesight seeingf b
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This is a very superb & a huge property. The food spread was really out of the world specially the breakfast, whatever dish u could think of in the breakfast it was there in front of you. The quality & taste of the food was also very good. The staff was very helpful. My son had got 104 degree fever & I called for ice cubes at 3 in the midnight I was surprised within no time the ice was brought to me & they also assured me if I wanted a doctor any time they would immediately arrange it for me. The hospitality was beyond my imagination. Very spacious & comfortable rooms. Have a very massive & lush green lawn. Would recommend anyone blind folded to stay in this property.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the lawns give you a good view
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Singh_Devraj, General Manager at The Ummed Jodhpur, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback for the hotel and the team..

We are delighted to know that you loved our spacious rooms, quality and tase of food and especially enjoyed the huge spread for breakfast. Thank you for appreciating the procativeness and hospitality of our front desk staff.

We are looking forward to your next visit sometime soon.

Warm regards,

Devraj Singh
devraj.singh@tajhotels.com

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We held a 2 nights conference at The Gateway Hotel, Jodhpur in March 2014 and we had a great event. Apart from the excellent property, the team at this hotel including the sales, front office, F & B were very professional. They ensured that we had a very comfortable stay and excellent events at the venues. The rooms are of good size and the hotel has many outdoor & indoor venues to host your lunches and dinners. I would surely like to go there again

Thanks guys for your effort in making our event a success !

Room Tip: All the rooms are similar, so you can choose any one. In case you want to avoid stairs choose ground floor rooms
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MukeshMakhijani
GatewayJodhpur, General Manager at The Ummed Jodhpur, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Greetings from The Gateway Hotel Jodhpur!

I take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Gateway Hotel Jodhpur for your recent stay.

I hope we met your expectations in accommodation and services and were able to serve you with the highest degree of professionalism.

It has been our constant endeavor to provide consistent service in order to exceed your expectations.

While perusing through your review, I was delighted to note your appreciation pertaining to our to our service and team members. Have conveyed your compliments to the entire team and they were thoroughly delighted.

I greatly value your patronage and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back, in the near future and assure you of our best attention and services.

Devraj Singh

Reviewed 18 April 2014

I stayed with my family in the last week of March 2014. As we all know, hotel is a bit far from main city. After reaching there, the check-in was absolutely smooth (we checked-in a bit early). Though I had booked a Deluxe Room, but they upgraded us in a Suite. And no doubt that suite was excellent with all the modern amenities. Staff of this hotel is very co-operative and friendly. No complaints on that part.

In this hotel, one will find huge lawns with lot of pigeons and peacocks ... in the evening sit near the swimming pool and enjoy the greenery ... amazing feeling that !!

But I strongly feel that their food-court needs immediate improvement. I took 2 breakfasts and 2 dinners in GAD (Restaurant) and found that there was absolutely no change in their menu. Whatever they cooked on day one, the same was also in store for day 2. Moreover, the options were very limited. There was no Rajasthani Dish and even no 'Paneer Dish' was there in their menu.

We requested for a late check-out which was politely acknowledged by the hotel staff and our check out was again very smooth !!

1  Thank Ritesh_kg
GatewayJodhpur, General Manager at The Ummed Jodhpur, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Greetings from The Gateway Hotel Jodhpur!

While perusing through your review, I was delighted to note that you had a wonderful stay with us and would like to express my gratitude for the kind compliments and appreciation that you had passed on to the team especially pertaining to the seamless check in experience , the special gesture of upgrading you to one of the most sought after suites, the courtesy , competency and the responsiveness of the staff.
You were also very kind in commenting very positively on the experience by the swimming pool with bountiful nature at its best. Have conveyed your compliments to the entire team and they were thoroughly delighted.
I have shared with our Executive Chef, your observations pertaining to the menu over two dining experiences at our restaurant .
Please accept my sincere apologies for the misdemeanour which had unfortunately escaped our attention. I always endeavor to ensure that all menus designed by the Executive Chef are cyclic and are never repeated .
Irrespective, I would request you to please treat this oversight as a one off incident and we would like to assure you that we shall be extremely cautious i the future.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

I visited this hotel with my family and just loved the hotel. Hotel staff is very friendly. Though swimming pool was not cleaned properly but this hotel is spread across big lawns.

Market is not that far but you would need some conveyance with you as you would not get anything around for sure.

Stay : 9/10
Food : 8/10

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Greetings from The Gateway Hotel Jodhpur!

While perusing through you review, I was delighted to note that you were extremely satisfied with the stay and the hotel experience. Have conveyed your compliments to the entire team and they were thoroughly delighted.
However, I would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused pertaining to the experience at the swimming pool. In fact, there are instances of sudden sandstorms in Jodhpur during March to September and these erratic weather conditions bring in dust that settles in quickly and though the filtration system is quiet robust, it takes a while to get the pool back in its priestine condition.
As regards, conveyance, we have noted your comments. The hotel is slightly off city limits, away from the urban frenzy of Jodhpur situated amidst an oasis of tranquility and has a professional travel desk that offers safe and secured modes of transport at a price point.Do let me know of any assistance pertaining to the same in the future and we shall be delighted to help you on your next visit.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

We had a nice experience staying at The Gateway Hotel Jodhpur during Holi Festival in March 2014. We were 2 families and checked in for 3 days / 2 nights. Celebrated Holi with Jodhpur Locals at the special event organized at their Lawns. They had made special Color Pools with never ending session of Gulal and organic colors. Kids enjoyed playing Holi. The crowd were sober and nice music plaed by some DJ of the Honey Singh Band.

Gateway Jodhpur is a nice property. Its an ideal place to idle around with family and friends. We had long stroll in the nights with our better halves and we chatted endlessly under moon lit area near the swimming pool. We even saw peacocks strolling fearlessly in the property. The breakfast was good, but in limited variety. The local delicacies of Jodhpur though were missing, it was a standard layout. However the ambience during the dinner was perfect.

We really had a good time in this hotel. I recommend families to visit as the kids can safely roam and play around and the couples can enjoy a romantic walk around the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the lawns. You can watch peacocks roaming around in the morning and have coffee holding your partners. Its quiet romantic experience.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
GatewayJodhpur, General Manager at The Ummed Jodhpur, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Greetings from The Gateway Hotel Jodhpur!

While perusing through you review, I am extremely grateful for the kind words of appreciation especially pertaining to Holi festival, your experience by the swimming poolside and the magnificience of nature especially the beauty of the presence of peacocks . Have conveyed your compliments to the entire team and they were thoroughly delighted.