“my stay at gateway hotel”
Review of The Ummed Jodhpur

The Ummed Jodhpur
Ranked #16 of 96 Hotels in Jodhpur
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
“my stay at gateway hotel”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

The hotel is located around 5 km away from the city railway station. The rooms are nice, clean and spacious. the hotel staff are courteous and very helpful. The breakfast served here is really cool and overall a great value stay for your money spent out here.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Singh_Devraj, General Manager at The Ummed Jodhpur, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your motivating feedback for the hotel and the team.

We are delighted to know that you loved your stay and especially loved our buffet spread for breakfast and our spacious rooms. Thank you for appreciating the hospitality of our associates.

We will look forward to your next visit sometime soon.

devraj.singh@tajhotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We stayed in this property for 3 nights and it was a memorable experience. Mr Dixit the Manager there very courteous and the staff equally helpful. In short if was a nice family trip. I recommend it to all family travellers.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Singh_Devraj, General Manager at The Ummed Jodhpur, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear Mr.Sachin,

Entire team here joins me in thanking you for staying with us. We are glad that you and your family had a memorable experience at The Gateway Hotel Jodhpur. Thankyou for appreciating our hospitality and for your compliments for Mr.Dixit and the Chef. Your words of appreciation are highly motivating for the team.

We will look forward to your next visit with us soon.

Warm regards

Reviewed 16 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights, and we are definitely going to return. I had heard about Taj Services but never got a chance to experience it before. Having stayed at The Gateway definitly lives up to all what i had heard about service @Taj being so hospitable and personalized.
They actually make you feel like you are the guests in their own homes.
Their rooms as well very fresh and very spacious.

Looking forward to try other Taj Hotels now.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Singh_Devraj, General Manager at The Ummed Jodhpur, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your compliments on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted to know that you loved your stay here and especially liked our spacious rooms and the hospitality of our associates. Entire team here at Jodhpur joins me in thanking you for your positive feedback.

We will look forward to your next visit sometime soon.

Warm regards

Reviewed 14 May 2014

At The Time Of Checking We Got a Warm Welcome From front Office Staff.I stayed with my family for two nights.The rooms are very specious..It has all the morden facilities.Even the staff of the hotel is loyal, co-operative and honest. We enjoyed the continental and chinese food .We also enjoyed traditional rajasthani food.. Which was more than delicious. I received very good hospitiality from the enitire staff of the hotel. If I would ever get a chance to visit Jodhpur, I would live to stay at Taj Gateway Jodhpur.There are no words descriptive enough to describe my feelings forTHE GATEWAY HOTEL JODHPUR.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank rupesh601
Singh_Devraj, General Manager at The Ummed Jodhpur, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Mr.Rupesh,

Greetings from The Gateway Hotel Jodhpur !

It is indeed heartening to receive such positive comments on tripadvisor on your recent stay with us. We appreciate your compliments about our products and services and especially the traditional rajasthani food. At Gateway Hotels, across the country, we promote and showcase local food traditions and we hire lady homemakers from rural communities to offer the true regional cuisine experience to our guests. We are glad you loved our Rajasthani thali.

Needless to say, such feedback is very encouraging for our team that is committed to deliver high quality service that The Gateway Hotel Jodhpur is known for.

We look forward to your return back at the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

This is a very superb & a huge property. The food spread was really out of the world specially the breakfast, whatever dish u could think of in the breakfast it was there in front of you. The quality & taste of the food was also very good. The staff was very helpful. My son had got 104 degree fever & I called for ice cubes at 3 in the midnight I was surprised within no time the ice was brought to me & they also assured me if I wanted a doctor any time they would immediately arrange it for me. The hospitality was beyond my imagination. Very spacious & comfortable rooms. Have a very massive & lush green lawn. Would recommend anyone blind folded to stay in this property.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the lawns give you a good view
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback for the hotel and the team..

We are delighted to know that you loved our spacious rooms, quality and tase of food and especially enjoyed the huge spread for breakfast. Thank you for appreciating the procativeness and hospitality of our front desk staff.

We are looking forward to your next visit sometime soon.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We held a 2 nights conference at The Gateway Hotel, Jodhpur in March 2014 and we had a great event. Apart from the excellent property, the team at this hotel including the sales, front office, F & B were very professional. They ensured that we had a very comfortable stay and excellent events at the venues. The rooms are of good size and the hotel has many outdoor & indoor venues to host your lunches and dinners. I would surely like to go there again

Thanks guys for your effort in making our event a success !

Room Tip: All the rooms are similar, so you can choose any one. In case you want to avoid stairs choose ground...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MukeshMakhijani
GatewayJodhpur, General Manager at The Ummed Jodhpur, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear Sir,

Greetings from The Gateway Hotel Jodhpur!

I take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Gateway Hotel Jodhpur for your recent stay.

I hope we met your expectations in accommodation and services and were able to serve you with the highest degree of professionalism.

It has been our constant endeavor to provide consistent service in order to exceed your expectations.

While perusing through your review, I was delighted to note your appreciation pertaining to our to our service and team members. Have conveyed your compliments to the entire team and they were thoroughly delighted.

I greatly value your patronage and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back, in the near future and assure you of our best attention and services.

Kindest Regards,

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I stayed with my family in the last week of March 2014. As we all know, hotel is a bit far from main city. After reaching there, the check-in was absolutely smooth (we checked-in a bit early). Though I had booked a Deluxe Room, but they upgraded us in a Suite. And no doubt that suite was excellent with all the modern amenities. Staff of this hotel is very co-operative and friendly. No complaints on that part.

In this hotel, one will find huge lawns with lot of pigeons and peacocks ... in the evening sit near the swimming pool and enjoy the greenery ... amazing feeling that !!

But I strongly feel that their food-court needs immediate improvement. I took 2 breakfasts and 2 dinners in GAD (Restaurant) and found that there was absolutely no change in their menu. Whatever they cooked on day one, the same was also in store for day 2. Moreover, the options were very limited. There was no Rajasthani Dish and even no 'Paneer Dish' was there in their menu.

We requested for a late check-out which was politely acknowledged by the hotel staff and our check out was again very smooth !!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ritesh_kg
GatewayJodhpur, General Manager at The Ummed Jodhpur, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Greetings from The Gateway Hotel Jodhpur!

While perusing through your review, I was delighted to note that you had a wonderful stay with us and would like to express my gratitude for the kind compliments and appreciation that you had passed on to the team especially pertaining to the seamless check in experience , the special gesture of upgrading you to one of the most sought after suites, the courtesy , competency and the responsiveness of the staff.
You were also very kind in commenting very positively on the experience by the swimming pool with bountiful nature at its best. Have conveyed your compliments to the entire team and they were thoroughly delighted.
I have shared with our Executive Chef, your observations pertaining to the menu over two dining experiences at our restaurant .
Please accept my sincere apologies for the misdemeanour which had unfortunately escaped our attention. I always endeavor to ensure that all menus designed by the Executive Chef are cyclic and are never repeated .
Irrespective, I would request you to please treat this oversight as a one off incident and we would like to assure you that we shall be extremely cautious i the future.

Kindest Regards,