“Unusual but beautiful”

Ranked #58 of 189 Jodhpur B&B and Inns
nottingham
“Unusual but beautiful”
Reviewed 22 April 2013

It's a beautiful 300 year old haveli. It has seen better times but that is a large part of its charm. The rooms are big and very comfy. It's not luxurious but more than makes up for it in character.

Asfaque is a very interesting and engaging host- you really feel the family connection to the haveli.

I was going to put the contact information in the review, but Asfaque asked me not to. With a bit of digging online you'll find everything you need to know.

The haveli is in the old town nearer to Merangargh than most of the hotels. It is surrounded by daily Indian life and all the more interesting for it.

Now I am back from India, it's one of the places I think of the most which says a lot.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
New Delhi
Reviewed 13 January 2013

We landed up in this hotel instead of other hotel ,, but i feel this is much better than the one I had booked.. Good Hospitability and care by Mr Asfaque..the more important is his perfect guidance and help by which we had memorable trip..I highly recommend this hotel ..

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank ArnabHazra
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed 26 October 2012

I with my wife and daughter stayed in this hotel from 18th October to 20th October, 2012. The building is actually a 200 hundred years old "haveli" (palace of Nawab) which has been turned into a guest house 4 years ago. The owner Mr. Asfaque is a retired teacher and lives in the other part of this large palace. He is a nice person full of kindness and hospitality. He runs this hotel in a non-professional manner. It is a good experience for me to talk with him in his office room.

The owner showed me 2 rooms. We preferred to stay in an AC room on the ground floor. We were surprised to see that the room was around 400 sq. ft. in area.

The building is old and made of stones. Recently it is renovated and new AC machines has been installed in 2 rooms only. There are only 5 rooms till now. As the building had been declared as 'heritage', the owner cannot do any major change in the structure. But modern bathroom with plenty of water is available in each room.

It is situated in the older portion of Jodhpur city near clock tower. Naturally the area is congested with loitering people, free cows, oxen, cars, auto rickshaws and rickshaws. But there is a colorful character of this old city to enjoy. You always have to be cautious so that any ox or any auto rickshaw do not ram into you. My daughter disliked the narrow lane, but I enjoyed it.

I went there by a car (Indigo AC) from Udaipur. The driver easily took the car to this haveli and entered the main gate. It was a good place to keep the car in the courtyard. The owner Mr. Asfaque was kind enough to allot a small room for my driver without any charge.

This guest house is located below the famous Mehrangarh Fort. In the night, we viewed the illuminated fort from the open roof.

The food was prepared by the family members of Mr. Asfaque, the owner. It was tasteful and much more adequate. We enjoyed the food here with much delight.

I booked this hotel over phone without paying any advance money. Mr. Asfaque talked to me over phone many times whether we would really stay in his house. After entry in the room, I did not pay any amount of money. At the time of check out, I paid the dues.

I am extremely pleased and happy to stay in the old Palace.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Jamil_Sayed
Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany
Reviewed 4 October 2012

Sarda Haveli Heritage is a really beautiful guest House, located in a 200-year-old Haveli(Indo-Persian Manor). When we arrived we were quite baffled by the beauty of the rooms in comparison to the cheap price.
The owner was very nice and helpful. For example we were shown the way to the post office by hi son personally. The visitor is allowed to explore the huge manor, including an look-out-towrr, which gives a great view over the historic town and the Jodhpur Fort.

Room Tip: Rooms without air conditioning can get really hot.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank GermanBackpackers
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I was taken there by the rickshaw driver. It turned out to be a good option. The owner was very helpful. Internet: just a computer that you can ask to use. Good food. Beautiful haveli. So peaceful and close to the fort and market. Hot water just in the small shower. Good room. I stayed in the pink maharaja.

• Stayed March 2012
Manesar
Reviewed 13 February 2011

We reached Jodhpur early in the morning and told the Riksha driver to take us to Saji Sanwri, but he took us here (Commission purpose). The Rooms were fine, after paying we slept for 2 hours and went for Sightseeing. After that we came back asking for directions to Saji Sanwri, only to notice that we were duped. Fortunately the caretaker gave us 3 cards while leaving for sightseeing which we were going to throw (but kept it as it had map behind it). While leaving we saw another group of foreigners duped, saying that it had wifi (which I guess they don't have). Next time we will do our hotel payment in advance!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
8 Thank sonu_manesar
Melrose, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 January 2011

Definitely the one of the best guesthouses we stayed in! The owner and his wife were extreamly welcoming from the moment we walked in the door. Walking through the huge gates to this 200 year old havali makes you feel like you are part of history, and meeting the owner, you are already part of the family, Wish we could have stayed longer, the court yard is the perfect place to rest and sip on a lassi.
Guesthouse is well located between the fort and the market area. Rooms were spotlessly clean, each with their own character. The owner was talking about building a swimming pool in one of the court yards! I want to thank the owner for a memorable stay! Laura and BK (Scotland and Korea)

Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple