“I felt at home”

Ranked #50 of 99 Hotels in Jodhpur
Venice Beach, CA
“I felt at home”
Reviewed 3 February 2012

I was meeting my Beloved in India and his flight was delayed so I arrived ALONE and a little concerned. Pushpender was there when I got of the plane and took me to his home - Kiran Vilas. He got me all settled and then took me to a POLO match where we met the KING! Whom Pushpender knows. I was on my own for a couple days but Pushpender and his dad made me feel safe and at home. His dad even took me to the local barber to get my hair dried and taught me personally how to do his daily yoga routine - which I still do.
Our last night there he arranged a cultural exchange with a wonderful band and we danced and drank and sang and had a wonderful time. I spent 2 weeks in India at multiple home locations and frankly they were all great - but Kiran Villas and Pushpender will always be my favorite part of India.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Well we were there in Jodhpur on New Year Eve. Its was a one day stay in Jodhpur and memorable New year party celebrating with guests and Owners of Hotel (Mr. Pushpender & His Father). The Gala Dinner along with performances by Folk singers was amazing. The owners are very friendly and takes care of the stay like a family.Rooms are spacious with all basic amenities like TV/AC etc. Food was homely. ...overall very comfortable and friendly stay.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
North Olmsted, Ohio
Reviewed 10 January 2012

We stayed at Kiran Vilas for one night while visiting Jodhpur for a friend's wedding. We booked this place at the recommendation of a friend who lives locally.

Its a small hotel with a traditional Rajasthani decor. The room we had was huge (easily over 3 times the size of other large rooms we stayed in during the trip) with two double beds put side by side. It had period furniture and ample storage. The bathroom was spacious, tiled with running hot water and was spotless.

The owner and staff were very hospitable, friendly and helpful. They offered to call around and book various places for sightseeing. Room service was excellent. We checked in early so had breakfast on two days - large portions of home made Indian food.

We really enjoyed the sound of soft Rajasthani music played by a musician in the lawn outside, on a stringed instrument (like a violin; can't remember what it was called). We'd heard those tunes years ago when living in Rajasthan. It evoked such nostalgia.

Bottomline - this place meets western standards of cleanliness (which a lot of similarly priced hotels we stayed in didn't). staff are helpful and friendly. The traditional decor gives it an atmosphere - you look forward to the hotel after sightseeing. We would stay here again if we visit Jodhpur.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Jaipur, India
Reviewed 10 December 2011

grt hospitality....
will always want to stay if in jodhpur. i walked in the hotel for an holiday propose had the plans to move to jaisalmer after a days stay of but i changed my plan and stayed in kiran villas hotel for a an additional day. just to get a feel of excellent hospitality.
thanks to all in Kiran Villas.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
jaipur
Reviewed 3 December 2011

i stayed with my family members for three nights in november . KIRAN VILAS is a great place to stay where i found great hospitality with great pleasure it is a right place where we found the a great rajasthani culture i enjoyed a lot .

Room Tip: every room is traditionaly designed by rajasthani furniture
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 18 July 2011

I stayed in this hotel r a week and it was a gr8 experience. The atmosphere , maintenance and more over the friendly owner and house keeping persons, they are great. This is a place where you can stay peacefully and enjoy the view of the fort during dinner. I just had a very good experience with them.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank johnpaaul
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 27 February 2011

Me and my wife stayed 1 night at the delux room. The room space is big with a confortable bed & clean bathroom.

The host is great and lovely to show us pictures of royals with him. They have prepared plenty of stories for you.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple