“The best local Indian dining experience in Jodhpur!”

Hem's Delicious Food
Ranked #76 of 374 Restaurants in Jodhpur
Price range: US$3 - US$20
Cuisines: Chinese, Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours
Description: HEMA'S DELICIOUS FOOD where cooked food prepared by family according to centuries-old recipes. ROOF-TOP RESTAURANT with Full views of the Majestic Mehrangarh Fort and Blue City There are five rooms with an atmosphic and cheerful decorated with cultural themes of Rajasthan.
London, United Kingdom
“The best local Indian dining experience in Jodhpur!”
Reviewed 17 December 2012

We found it difficult to find authentic looking restaurants in the rabbit warren lanes of Jodhpur but stumbled upon the wonderful gem that is HEM. This restaurant is all about two things: 1) Mama Hem's cooking 2) The amazing view. We ate a number of local dishes including the Thali; these were all cooked fresh from scratch and tasted amazing. Our moment of sheer heaven came from the coconut paratha....I ordered another two as it tasted so wonderful. The service was genuine and warm. The whole family chatted to us and were very hospitable showing us their wonderful kitchen with a huge array of spices. Vipin, the host, told us the menu changes daily and showed us photos of how he changes the layout to keep guests entertained. Great business and truly remarkable hosts. Stop reading reviews and go and experience this place for yourself now! Ohh and the view is spectacular......see the photos.

2 Thank TheroamingSherriffs

“Yum Yum Yum”
Reviewed 15 September 2012

Apart from being the best guest house I stayed at in India and having some really great experiences with this beautiful family, including taking us to an authentic temple celebration for Krishna, the food was possibly the best I ate in all of India. Super clean, tasty and did I mention super clean. That's what I always look for first when eating anywhere in India, it's cleanliness. I totally recommend staying with these guys and eating as many meals here as you can. Have fun!

Forgot to mention the view from the rooftop it looks right at the Fort. And lots of kites in the sky at sunset. I can't say enough about this family, they're so sweet.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Kristalcc
Los Angeles, California
“Mama's Delicious Food!”
Reviewed 14 September 2012

My wife and I stayed at Hem Guest House and we had the time of our life. We are big foodies and have to say we were VERY pleased with the quality of service and food. Overall, they were very accommodating and GREAT hosts. Plus the view from the rooftop are absolutely spectacular! I strongly recommend staying at Hem Guest House and eating Moma's delicious cooking!

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank sreznik
Krabi
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Our best stay in India !”
Reviewed 9 September 2012

Hem Guest House is really a must in Jodhpur ! We stayed there for 3 days. The rooms are beautiful and decorated with style. The view from the rooftop is outstanding on the fort. The atmosphere is great and sympatic. The food cooked by mama is delicious. But on top of that, Rishi, Vipin and they're mother are lovely people. At Hem's we felt at home. We had even a cooking lesson and learned to make the famous Hukma, which you shoudn't miss to try !

We fully recommend this place to everyone !

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank Enquetedumonde
Salamanca, Spain
“Homemade food!”
Reviewed 5 September 2012

I really enjoyed food here at Hem's guest house.We had Thali,homemade noodles, vegi burguer...among other things.Everything was very good and service was great.Also the Lassi's were amazing. I strongly recommend this place not only for the food and service but also for the view, straight at the fort.

• Visited August 2012