“Luxurious stay but no swimming.”

Vivanta by Taj - Hari Mahal, Jodhpur
Ranked #6 of 99 Hotels in Jodhpur
Reviewed 13 March 2014

The Taj is a lovely property from every angle. The lobby, the public spaces, the grounds, the room are all reeking of old world charm. The facility has modern amenities which add to the comfort of the stay. The service is considerate and courtiers, and the check in/out is effortless.
The food is very good, and breakfast is rich and tasty.
But alas the swimming pool is not heated and in January it's freezing cold.
You wonder how a beautiful and rich facility as the Taj, have overlooked a simple detail like that.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
VShrikent, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj - Hari Mahal, Jodhpur, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Vivanta by Taj – Hari Mahal during your visit to Jodhpur.

We are glad to learn that you liked our hotel, its facilities and services, and the food we served in our restaurants. I regret if any inconvience caused to you on account of swimming pool water temperature. We are privileged to enjoy the goodwill of our guests, and have always benefited from their advice and suggestions, and we will certainly consider the invaluable inputs provided, for comfort and convenience of our guests.

Please do let us know of any assistance that we may be of in future.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

stay was very comfortable rooms are very spacious well done furniture very nicely match the royal touch bed are very comfortable very clean a Royal feeling during stay its
in the heart of Jodhpur city well located

Room Tip: take rooms overlooking poolside
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
VShrikent, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj - Hari Mahal, Jodhpur, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your visit and feedback.

It was a pleasure to have you with us at the Vivanta by Taj – Hari Mahal, Jodhpur. Our property has been built upon a palatial theme and we are glad that our intentions resonated so well with you.

As a team, it is our earnest endeavour to provide a comfortable and enjoyable stay experience to all our guests and we are happy to learn of your approvals with it.

We look forward to have you back with us, please do let us know of any assistance that we may be of.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

We stayed at this property for four nights. Whilst this hotel provided the level of luxury you would expect from Taj, we were overwhelmed with the care and attention shown by the staff.

My wife took ill (a minor ailment) whilst we were there. I phoned the front desk and asked them if they could help with the medication she needed ( being a Doctor). Without any hesitation, this drug was delivered to our room within the hour. We also received a phone call from them enquiring about my wife's health. It was comforting and reflected their sincerity.

The restaurants in the hotel served up some of the best food we had during our long holiday in India. Ajay, the chef of their Chinese restaurant along with Laxmi Singh and Mahipal Singh of The Latitude are assets to this hotel-enough reason for anyone to return!! They regularly approached the diners, encouraging them to request for whatever took their fancy!!

The cleaning and turndown service was immaculate and the toiletries provided were world class.

We had at the time of check out to undertake the long journey to Jaiselmer, forgot to pack our bottle of Gin and Malt whisky and had left this in the room!! I phoned Rahul, a manager at the reception, some thirty miles into our journey to inform him of this. He reassured us that our supplies would be waiting for us upon our return from Jaiselmer. And so it was!! Rahul along with two of his colleagues returned our goods, making sure that all the pre-requisite formalities were completed. In my view, this reflects the quality of training Taj provides for their staff and management.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Sir,

It was a pleasure to have you both with us during your visit to Jodhpur and we are delighted to learn that you had a wonderful and comfortable stay with us, and liked the hotel’s facilities and services.

Food is an intrinsic and important part of any hotel experience, and I am glad that our chefs’ efforts met with your approvals. It is our earnest endeavour to provide our guests with personalized and warm services, and I am happy that my colleagues won your heart in this regard. We truly believe that our people are our greatest strength, and your affirmation of their commitment and service excellence has been very motivating. Thank you for your heartwarming appreciation, and we have been pleased to share your feedback with them.

Thank you for your visit and feedback, and we look forward to be of service again.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

This is the third time I have brought my tour group in to stay and never have regretted it. A lovely cloth given to refresh and a nice glass of juice to cool while waiting to be checked in. All set even before our drinks were finished. Rooms are always lovely, in fact I have had the same room three times now too! Large, bright and all necessary needs met with desk, chair, settee to sit in by the windows overlooking the pool. Comfortable bed, t.v., large safe to hold good sized laptop, tea and coffee making and bar fridge. Bathroom meets needs and the shower is great.

There is even an overhead fan if you like that instead of the aircon. Comp water as well.

We had dinner and it was just super! In the mornings the buffet breakfast is perfect with fresh orange juice too. Breakfast starts at 7 a.m. Wifi is not free but I feel very reasonable to have it in your room. There is also an area outside the dining area that you can sit and enjoy your meals...lovely touch.

It is a beautifully appointed hotel, so very regal. Staff are all nice and efficient. The pool is a delight to see from your room and wonderful that they have netting up now that is really hard to see but keeps the pigeons out of this area for us to enjoy it more.

Don't think I need to say that I will be back!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
VShrikent, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj - Hari Mahal, Jodhpur, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Sir,

It was our pleasure to have your back with us along with your group and thank you for your loyal patronage of Vivanta by Taj – Hari Mahal, Jodhpur.

We are pleased to learn that you liked the lay out and appointments in our room, as also the element of natural light and spaciousness which they have. It is definitely rewarding for us when our guests appreciate the thoughts which have gone into the detailing of the property.

Food is an intrinsic part of any hotel experience, and we are glad to know that you were happy with the food that we served. Thank you for your kind appreciation of my colleagues, who will be delighted to learn that you have appreciated their services.

We also understand your viewpoint with regard to the charges for Wi-Fi services. As these are governed by chain wide applicable policies, we have introduced multiple choice considerations for their convenience presently, and are optimistic that future technology would provide us with a more amicable solution for our guests.

We look forward to welcome you back, and please do let me know of any assistance that I may be of personally in future.

With best regards and wishes

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Lovely place - service a bit fussy & over the top but generally very nice. Room was large with a balcony & although we both got twin beds rather than the kingsize rooms we'd booked, the beds were comfortable so it wasn't too much of an issue. Shower was fantastic.

The package we booked came with a half day city tour, which turned out to be 4hrs with a car and a (lovely) driver, so don't expect a guide (as we did) if your booking includes a similar arrangement. This turned out not to be an issue - the audio tour at the Fort is the best I've heard - a charming way to spend the morning.

Breakfast was fine. Dinner was great - there's a "single person Indian tasting menu", which was perfect for me, as it meant I wasn't faced with way too much food, while my friend (who lives in India and was ready for the Western options) enjoyed her fish & chips. The wine we ordered was reasonably priced & perfectly chilled. Waiter could have been slightly more focused, but was pleasant and we got along okay.

Wifi was not free. This always annoys me & I thought I'd checked it before we booked. Having said that, it wasn't too expensive, so I got over it but really - hotels of this standard shouldn't charge.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
VShrikent, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj - Hari Mahal, Jodhpur, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Madam,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit to Jodhpur.

I was sorry to learn that we did not provide you with a room of your choice, and we will ensure delivery upon these requirements in future, which are so important in one’s perception of a good stay. Thank you for your generosity of spirit, and I am glad that you liked the room provided, with its balcony feature.

I am also glad that you enjoyed the sightseeing which is part of our package. Thank you for your interesting perspective regarding guide services, which while we don’t include as part of our package, I was pleased to learn you did not feel the necessity of.

Food being an important and intrinsic part of any hotel experience, I was delighted that you were happy with the food in our hotel.

We also understand your viewpoint with regard to the charges for Wi-Fi services. As these are governed by chain wide applicable policies, in deference to the feedback received from our guests we have introduced multiple choice considerations for their convenience presently, and are optimistic that future technology would provide us with a more amicable solution for our guests.

Thank you for your visit and we look forward to being of service to you at our other hotels across the chain.

Please do let me know of any assistance that I may be of personally in future.

With best wishes and regards

Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay at the Taj. I liked the rooms. They were large, nicely furnished, clean and comfortable. Breakfast wad a nice spread and the staff were friendly. We ate at the Chinese restaurant one night and the only thing I liked was the garlic rice. The rest of the dishes tasted and looked the same. They must have used the same sauce for everything.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank lolikia
VShrikent, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj - Hari Mahal, Jodhpur, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Dear Madam,

Thank you for taking out time to post this review. I am delighted to know that you liked the grandness of the hotel, its spaciousness and the breakfast buffet spread. I have also noted your views on the taste of the Chinese dishes. I shall share this with my executive chef and shall take appropriate steps to address it. I sincerely appreciate such feedbacks as it is because of them that we continuously improve.

With warm regards

Reviewed 19 February 2014

We are loyal Taj visitors usually prefer to stay at Taj hotels across whenever we travel. This time around our expectation was not let down.
We stayed for 2 nights in Feb 2014. Upon arrival we were upgraded to a pool view room. Very nice courtesy!
Ambica at the front desk was really friendly and helpful to us. She helped with all the places to eat etc. We had dinner at the Italian coutyard resturant here and Sandeep was the server who made sure we enjoy every moment spent there.
The guest relations manager - Mr. Chawla is also very hospitable.

Temperature controlled pool would have been nice along with complimentary WiFi.

Overall wonderful stay and no complaints.

Will surely go and stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
VShrikent, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj - Hari Mahal, Jodhpur, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear Sir,

I am very delighted to know that we did not let done the legacy of Taj hospitality and were able to reinforce your faith in us. It is rejoicing to see the names of our associates who made it possible too. I shall proudly share this with them and also with other colleagues who have been their support from the back areas.

Look forward for your continued patronage with Taj hotels.

Best regards