“Beautiful Palace”

Ranked #1 of 95 Hotels in Jodhpur
Delhi, Delhi, India
“Beautiful Palace”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We went there for lunch,didn't stay there as we went just for a day and had a train to catch in the evening.
It is a beautiful palace,still inhabited by the royals.Every section speaks for itself.Their hospitality is remarkable.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anshita68
VincentRamos, General Manager at Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Ma'am,

Greetings from Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jodhpur!

Thank you for taking your valuable time to share your experience on your recent visit to the Palace. It gives me immense pleasure to know that even though you came for a dining experience and unfortunately could not stay with us during this trip, our services and facilities completely met with your expectations and were thoroughly enjoyed.

I have taken the liberty to share your compliments with the whole team and we would love to get another opportunity to be at your service, this time for a longer stay hopefully!

Vincent Ramos

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
poland
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed there for a day, was on cloud nine, best experience,service, ambiance etc.
felt like a true maharajah of Rajasthan, will love to stay for longer time next visit.
Spa, pool and breakfast was best ever had.

Room Tip: i was in room 102...the best ever stayed till today.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
VincentRamos, General Manager at Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur, responded to this review, 31 May 2014

Greetings from Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jodhpur!

It gives me immense pleasure to read your review on your recent visit to the Palace. Thank you so much for your kind words.

I am thrilled to know that you felt like a Maharaja and had such a pleasant and comfortable stay. It is always a pleasure to be at service to guests like you and nothing delights us more than your compliments.

I have taken the liberty of sharing your compliments with everyone and they are equally happy to know about your fabulous stay.

We will certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the Palace in the near future!

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Approaching this hotel we couldn't believe that this magnificent building was where we would be staying. We were greeted with red carpet, canopy over our heads, rose petals strewn at our feet and drums and trumpets. This was the beginning of two magical days and nights. We had a magnificent suite looking over magnificent gardens to the amazing pool and we were looked after by the staff in a way I had never experienced before in any other hotel. The food and service were exceptional. Words can not describe how fantastic it was. I wish, wish, wish I can go back there one day.

Room Tip: Just go there it is amazing, I don't know if there is a bad room there. Ours a corner room was...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
VincentRamos, General Manager at Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Ma'am/ Sir,

Greetings from Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jodhpur!

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at the beautiful Umaid Bhawan Palace with everyone. I am so pleased to know that your stay was fabulous and comfortable.

It is great to know that you enjoyed the Royal welcome and loved the services and amenities throughout the hotel, be it the food, the view or the Peacocks! Thank you for acknowledging our team effort.

I have taken the liberty of sharing your compliments with the whole team as nothing motivates us more than guest reviews like yours.

Hoping to get the opportunity of being at your service once again!

Lugo, Italy
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Feeling loke a Maharaja, is the right title of this review as I stayed here for (only) one night, but what a night as it was 2014 New Year's Eve, the party took place in the Jodhpur Castle, we where all given the typical Maharaja hat and were taken by bus to the JodhpurCastle where the Party took place, the party itself was amazing, the only negative point was the cold weather and the unsufficient heating, we were forced to go back to the hotel shortly after midnight to complete new year's Eve celebration indoor ! Despite this I can rate this hotel as the real Maharja experience, upon checking it they welcome you with musicians in Indian outfit playing typical local music, the morning breakfast was the best we had during our Rajasthan tour, we were given two separate rooms as I was with the family with our two children, rooms were impressive with huge bathrooms, the only down was the cool in room temperature, heating device wasn't working properly in both rooms.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
VincentRamos, General Manager at Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur, responded to this review, 27 May 2014

Greetings from Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jodhpur!

Thank you for taking out your valuable time to share such a wonderful feedback with fellow travelers. I am delighted to know that you felt like a Maharaja and truly enjoyed the stay even though it was for just one night.

I hope your New Year celebration was memorable and your family had a comfortable stay. It is our constant endeavor to make the guests feel like royalty and your kinds words are deeply appreciated. We will certainly make it a point that the heating system is in place for the coming season.

We would love to welcome you back to the Palace in the amazing blue city of Jodhpur.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 22 May 2014

My friend and I stayed here in February, 2014 and the service was the BEST we had on the trip as well as other trips in the last year. You are treated like royalty in this palace and feel like a true guest doing absolutely nothing but enjoying the visit. The staff is VERY sensitive to your needs (particularly housekeeping) to even anticipate what is needed before being asked! The employees LOVE the new general manager Mr. Vincent and you can tell by all their smiles. The food is wonderful ~ we were there 4 days and had it was like being in a 5 Star restaurant with all meals. Kudos to the chef and his staff. I would not hesitate to return and would highly recommend this palace as it is not just a visit it is a memory!

Room Tip: The view of the gazebo is lovely (west side) and you can appreciate the gardens and sunsets there as...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
VincentRamos, General Manager at Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear Ma'am,

Greetings from Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jodhpur!

It gives me immense pleasure to know through your review that your stay was pleasant and comfortable. Thank you for taking out your valuable time to share your experience on your recent visit to the blue city of Jodhpur.

I am delighted to know that our team, especially housekeeping took so good care of you and anticipated your needs so well. It is great to receive such positive feedback concerning the hotel team as it is our constant endeavor to make the guests feel and live like royalty in the Palace.

I have taken the liberty of sharing your kind words with the whole team and they are thrilled to receive your compliments.

We certainly hope to see you soon in the near future at the beautiful Umaid Bhawan Palace for yet another memorable experience.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2014

There is little I could add to the adulatory reviews I have read of this magnificent palace hotel. No words of praise properly suffice to describe its magnificence - the building designed in the early 20th century to synthesize traditional Rajasthani and European styles on the outside, and as an Art Deco jewel on the inside. I grew up in an Art Deco house, but it was here, studying the interior design of the rooms we stayed in, that I finally understood the style. But as with all Taj properties, however grand or modest, it is the personal touch which makes the stay memorable and the Operations Manager, Deepraj Mukherjee, exemplified the Taj style which attends to one's every need with perfect tact and without servility. It sounds like a well-worn cliche, but the feeling is that one has acquired new family members after a few days here. We have stayed in some of the most famous and comfortable hotels in the world, but I struggle to think of anywhere I have felt so comfortable and so well looked after. It is almost an afterthought to say that we ate superbly here. Bravo, Mr Ramos, for assembling such a great crew. And our thanks to all who made our stay here unforgettable.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Michael B
VincentRamos, General Manager at Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur, responded to this review, 21 May 2014

Greetings from Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jodhpur!

I cannot thank you enough for the kind words you have bestowed upon us in your review. I am absolutely delighted to read your compliments for the exceptional services rendered to you by my team. Thank you!

As the General Manager of this beautiful property I am proud to have such a hard working team of ladies and gentlemen working with me. They do work hard for making the guests feel like royalty and I am glad you felt so comfortable and well taken care off with them.

I have taken the liberty of sharing your compliments with Mr. Deepraj and the whole team as they have done so well.

We cannot wait to have you visit us again at your home away from home at Umaid Bhawan Palace!

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Umaid Bhavan Palace is truly a luxury experience at its best. One of the newest original royal palace in India, it is definitely the grandest in its scale and sheer luxury. A step into the Hotel compounds transforms you into an era of unmatched regality and grandeur. The palace hotel lives up to its reputation of being a palace "fit for the king". The rooms are large and very spacious with beautiful art deco interiors. The palace has a lovely bar, indoor and outdoor pool, spa, two restaurants and billiards room. In addition to this it has a rather nice gift shop where they offer some really good collectables. The food is scrumptious and the menu very well appointed. The Trophy bar is quite the toast of the hotel, offering some good liquor and cigars. I strongly recommend that you eat your meals at the Pillars, as the view is breathtaking in the morning and the evenings. Given the heat factor, lunch is best eaten indoors. The history walk is a must, as it help you appreciate the hotel better. The staff is brilliant and extremely helpful. All in all, there is a clear collaboration of the current king and the Taj group in ensuring that each guest relives the bygone royal life during their stay at the hotel. A must stay!

Room Tip: Try and stay in the palace suites. The rooms are very well appointed and quite large.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Greetings from Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jodhpur!

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am absolutely delighted to know through your review that you had such a pleasant and wonderful stay with us.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed many aspects of your stay like the History walk, dining at Pillars etc. and my colleagues could enhance your holiday. It is rewarding and motivating to receive such feedback concerning the hotel staff.

I have taken the liberty of sharing your compliments with the whole team and they are equally thrilled to know about your fabulous stay.

Your kind comments regarding for our team are most welcome; they do work hard to ensure all guests are as comfortable as possible during their time with us.

Thank you for selecting Umaid Bhawan Palace for your stay in Jodhpur.

We do very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Blue City of Jodhpur very soon.