We stayed at Umaid Bhawan Palace Hotel, at the end of July. Before reporting on the experience of staying at a real palace, partly inhabited by the Maharaja of Jodhpur, I would like to strongly protest against TripAdvisor's system of ensuring that a report concerning a hotel, is not a fake report, when that is more than obvious.
I am refering to the report send by member Worldtravels2000, dated July 13th. It is more than profound that the above mentioned member has never visited the hotel and the description is so grossly false that it is shouting out it is a provocation. First of all the specific member has only contributed this one report and has visited only Jodhpur in her life.
Secondly, although she says that she only visited the restaurant , she also comments on the state of the rooms which she finds terrible, without having seen them. She is supposed to be French but she writes the report in English, when everybody knows that a French person would never do that. I strongly believe that one needs only to read the report to realise it is definitely "a joke". I cannot understand how TripAdvisor allowed it to get published. I would like to have an answer to that. I want to believe together with the millions who consult TripAdvisor that this kind of striking inaccuracies are banned by your control system.
Staying at this palace-hotel is an amazing experience in every aspect. The building is very impressive standing on a hill and can be seen from every place in Jodhpur, like a second landmark after the city fort. The gardens are beautiful, food is excellent but most important is the staff attitude. One day the pool was not open due to cleaning works in the garden. In five minutes, from the moment we asked if it was going to open, five members of the staff were there to meet our every need. They even arranged the whole surrounding area in order to create a pleasant ambience. The most helpful, polite and caring member of the staff was Yogita, who took us on an exciting tour of the palace and gardens, we will never forget.
We strongly recommend Umaid Bhawan Palace Hotel, as one of the best hotels you will ever stay at.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the largest royal residences in the world, the golden-yellow sandstone Umaid Bhawan Palace is a monument to Jodhpur’s gallantry and romance. Guests get a taste of what it was like to live like kings. From rooms once occupied by the Maharaja. From regal pastimes like polo or croquet. From magnificent views of the palace gardens and the spectacular Mehrangarh Fort. From unique themed dinners that flaunt all the pomp-and-splendour of the desert kingdom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Odigeo, DerbySoftTaj, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur Hotel Jodhpur
- Jodhpur Umaid Bhawan Palace